PDA

View Full Version : Springwise

BCarlson
06-13-2009, 01:09 PM
Ok, got a call tuesday to bid a commercial job. Filled out there bid sheet and sent it back in. They called Thursday and asked when I could start and they would send the contract. I told them on Saturday. The Spring cleanup hasn't been done yet but states in the contract that it is to be done by April 30th. The contract start date they put April 1, 2009. I emailed back to them and asked them to reflect the start date to June 11, 2009 and also put in the contract that the spring cleanup is to be done as of now. I also informed them that the pruning of the shrubs shouldn't be done now except at the entry and exit points and that the proper pruning should be done mid september and in spring by mid April. Opinions I don't want to end up losing the contract and on the other hand I don't want to not get paid for work done because of contractual dates.

dwlah
06-13-2009, 05:21 PM
Just to keep things on the up and up
Id make sure the contract start date reflect the actual date
If they need for the contracts to run from April to April I would set this years to end in April

I dont think they would have a problem doing it that way

Better to have not gotten a contract than to have gotten it then lost money on one

BCarlson
06-13-2009, 06:33 PM
Just to keep things on the up and up
Id make sure the contract start date reflect the actual date
If they need for the contracts to run from April to April I would set this years to end in April

I dont think they would have a problem doing it that way

Better to have not gotten a contract than to have gotten it then lost money on one

That's what I am getting at, It's a standard contract that runs from April to April with Spring Cleanup to be done by April 30th, I want it to reflect the date I verbally agreed until April of next year with something stipulating that the spring cleanup is needing to be done. I don't want to sign the contract and then because of some technicality they say we're not paying for the cleanup because it wasn't done by April 30th. I talked with the manager of the store and he understands and was upset because the lot isn't going to be swept biweekly. the company was paying someone $30 to walk through with blowers and didn't like my price to go through with a sweeper.

dwlah
06-14-2009, 12:15 AM
The store mgr should be able to talk to them
The stores I have or have bid on the store mgr has a fair sized say on what goes and what doesnt
Generally hq gives them a budget to operate the store(water lights payroll maint etc) and the less he spends on the operations the better it looks for him come bonus time
example
They budget 10k/yr for lawn care/maint they spend 8k it looks on paper like he saved 2k