PDA

View Full Version : crappy dealer service vent

Frontier-Lawn
06-13-2009, 03:28 PM
well last Thursday i dropped off my mower to have them put 2 new tires on the front, with 2 i supplied myself for them. i tell them i need it for Tuesday so i will pick it up then, I'm told no prob. now they have 3 hours on Thur all of Friday, sat if they choice to work it all day Monday and half of Tuesday.

i show up Tuesday at 1:30pm later then i wanted due to moving some furniture for my mom. i walk into the shop, its still siting were i left it with the old tires still on it, wtf? :confused:

i say I'm here to pick up my mower, them its not done, i say i can see that i dropped it off you you Thur afternoon. and you had 2.5 days to do it 3 if you worked sat. i told you i needed it for Tue. them well Tuesday is not over yet. well i told you i needed it you Tuesday i need it for some jobs asap, them will i can get it done for you in a hour. me that's not good enough, you had it 3days to do it and i was told it would be done for today's pickup. them fine take it to someone else but if you do don't bother ever come back here for anything ever. and to think i was going to get a new bobcat from this morons this year to. So i now need a new dealer to use and maybe buy a new mower later in the year if i have the $$.

SO if you NEED mower service or parts don't go to this dealer they suck.

ToroLandscaper
06-13-2009, 03:33 PM
That sucks man, take it to another dealer and do not ever go back.

Call the BBB and tell all your fellow landscaping friends in your area about them and your experience.

If they treat people like this on a daily basis then they will not stay in business.

Frontier-Lawn
06-13-2009, 04:13 PM
the company was VENICE LAWN EQUIPMENT!

Frontier-Lawn
06-13-2009, 04:18 PM
That sucks man, take it to another dealer and do not ever go back.

Call the BBB and tell all your fellow landscaping friends in your area about them and your experience.

If they treat people like this on a daily basis then they will not stay in business.

well they lost the ability to sell huskavarna

ed2hess
06-13-2009, 06:24 PM
I get all my tires from Discount....they mount them free and fix flats. Dealers probably not excited about doing a tire install where you bought the tires elsewhere:hammerhead:

ToroLandscaper
06-13-2009, 11:42 PM
I get all my tires from Discount....they mount them free and fix flats. Dealers probably not excited about doing a tire install where you bought the tires elsewhere:hammerhead:

They may not be excited about it, but you are still a paying customer so the work should be done.

I am not excited to trim bushes (as a matter of fact I HATE trimming bushes) but I still do them on time and with a smile on my face.

There are principles of business and good customer service they are constant throughout any business.

ashelton
06-14-2009, 12:40 AM
I brought a 1 week old Back Pack sprayer(stihl) to the dealer I bought it from(1 week earlier), it had quit spraying and I was told that it would be 7-10 business days to repair it. I made the mistake of having an "affair" with my normal dealer, and got it stuck to me. This dealer is known for their s%$%ty cust. service, and they proved it to me. I asked for a loaner, and was told I should buy a backup. I make sure to tell everyone that will listen, about how bad this dealer is.

P.S. incase you are ever in Bradenton Fl, it was A to Z Rental!!!

HOOLIE
06-14-2009, 01:05 AM
My dealer actually does one-day turnaround on tire work. All other kinds of work however...well, let's just say, if they say Tuesday, you better clarify WHICH Tuesday they are talking about. They also have this annoying habit of not calling me when the work is done. I dropped my edger off in January, the thing is 8 years old, ran like crap, wanted to see if it was worth fixing or not. Finally sometime in March, I realized I never heard from them. I called and they had it up and running sometime in January :confused: Apparently they do not require money from customers in order to operate their business. Otherwise, they are pretty good to deal with compared to some others I've dealt with in the past.

dishboy
06-14-2009, 02:29 AM
well last Thursday i dropped off my mower to have them put 2 new tires on the front, with 2 i supplied myself for them. i tell them i need it for Tuesday so i will pick it up then, I'm told no prob. now they have 3 hours on Thur all of Friday, sat if they choice to work it all day Monday and half of Tuesday.

i show up Tuesday at 1:30pm later then i wanted due to moving some furniture for my mom. i walk into the shop, its still siting were i left it with the old tires still on it, wtf? :confused:

i say I'm here to pick up my mower, them its not done, i say i can see that i dropped it off you you Thur afternoon. and you had 2.5 days to do it 3 if you worked sat. i told you i needed it for Tue. them well Tuesday is not over yet. well i told you i needed it you Tuesday i need it for some jobs asap, them will i can get it done for you in a hour. me that's not good enough, you had it 3days to do it and i was told it would be done for today's pickup. them fine take it to someone else but if you do don't bother ever come back here for anything ever. and to think i was going to get a new bobcat from this morons this year to. So i now need a new dealer to use and maybe buy a new mower later in the year if i have the $$.

SO if you NEED mower service or parts don't go to this dealer they suck.

You buy parts elsewhere and then whine about crappy service. Guess what , the guy who bought his parts their got moved ahead of you, ....big surprise eh!.

P.S. He also bought your Bobcat off the floor.

Keith
06-14-2009, 03:23 AM
In the future, get your tires from a tire store. If they have them in stock they will get them put on in just a few minutes. If they don't have them, they can likely get them in a day. No need to leave the mower.

IRRITECH
06-14-2009, 08:25 AM
I buy parts from my guys all the time and fix my own equipment. They even loan me specialty tools from time to time if I need them. I never (rarely) complain about the price I pay and I almost always have a part number in hand when I go in. They fix the things I don't want to do or don't have time for.

I always let them know if I need it in a hurry, and they are very good about it. I don't know what it takes but I have a realy good relationship with my shop.

They are a small locally owned operation and the owner actually works in the shop. Find someone like that and get to know them, has worked for me.

Way to go FORSYTH SMALL ENGINE, Dave, Carter, Rick.

Frontier-Lawn
06-14-2009, 09:21 AM
You buy parts elsewhere and then whine about crappy service. Guess what , the guy who bought his parts their got moved ahead of you, ....big surprise eh!.

sorry but my brother rim shop can get tires cheaper then what the mower shop can get tires for and he can get them the next day in most cases, the mower shop 3 days min.

Frontier-Lawn
06-14-2009, 09:24 AM
I buy parts from my guys all the time and fix my own equipment. They even loan me specialty tools from time to time if I need them. I never (rarely) complain about the price I pay and I almost always have a part number in hand when I go in. They fix the things I don't want to do or don't have time for.

I always let them know if I need it in a hurry, and they are very good about it. I don't know what it takes but I have a realy good relationship with my shop.

They are a small locally owned operation and the owner actually works in the shop. Find someone like that and get to know them, has worked for me.

Way to go FORSYTH SMALL ENGINE, Dave, Carter, Rick.

i always went to this guy for 95% of the items i needed minus the deere parts he just could not get. and it was a small locally owned operation.

Dave_005
06-14-2009, 11:33 AM

EXACTLY.. anybody that came in after you that bought thier parts from them will automatically get bumped ahead of you for service.. Just as with my dealer anybody that buys thier mower from them AUTOMATICALLY gets put to the front of the line when they come in for service.. they service all mowers but those who bought from them ALWAYS go to the front of the line

Frontier-Lawn
06-14-2009, 11:45 AM
EXACTLY.. anybody that came in after you that bought thier parts from them will automatically get bumped ahead of you for service.. Just as with my dealer anybody that buys thier mower from them AUTOMATICALLY gets put to the front of the line when they come in for service.. they service all mowers but those who bought from them ALWAYS go to the front of the line

what i'm *****'n about is the fact i was promised it would be done for Tuesday, that had the blasted rims and tires for 5 days TO DO IT! and now i also have to spend the $ to buy grinder to do my own blades which i always had them do for me so could have more time to myself.
i will also now be buying all blades for mower and edger, trimmer line, oil filters, and any other lawn part i need from MOWPART.com

Frontier-Lawn
06-14-2009, 11:47 AM
exactly.. Anybody that came in after you that bought thier parts from them will automatically get bumped ahead of you for service.. Just as with my dealer anybody that buys thier mower from them automatically gets put to the front of the line when they come in for service.. They service all mowers but those who bought from them always go to the front of the line

Oh and I Have Been a Loyal Customer of Theirs Since 2004 when I Started the Company, and before that for personal needs too!

W.L.M.
06-14-2009, 11:52 AM
My dealer actually does one-day turnaround on tire work. All other kinds of work however...well, let's just say, if they say Tuesday, you better clarify WHICH Tuesday they are talking about. They also have this annoying habit of not calling me when the work is done. I dropped my edger off in January, the thing is 8 years old, ran like crap, wanted to see if it was worth fixing or not. Finally sometime in March, I realized I never heard from them. I called and they had it up and running sometime in January :confused: Apparently they do not require money from customers in order to operate their business. Otherwise, they are pretty good to deal with compared to some others I've dealt with in the past.

My dealer never calls either, they are great to deal with and always get everything done on time but never call to say that your parts or machine are ready. Luckily when they say tuesday afternoon if you get there at lunch it is ready for you.

tallimeca
06-14-2009, 12:40 PM
There is some holes here.......

1) You didn't specify at what time tuesday, so at 1:30, there is still half the day to go so technically, your dealer was correct....

2) Did anyone call you and tell you it was done? Did you call and ask if it was done? If you just show up, there's a good chance it might not have been done, .........and it wasn't. You took a chance, you lost.

3) Just because it was there 3 days, that has nothing to do with it. There was probably stuff there before you even dropped your machine off.

4) You got the tires in next day and payed a little less....however you had to leave your machine for 3 days anyway....... why wouldn't you just order the tires so they could call you when they were in and you could have brought it in that day and had them swap it?

Shoe on the other foot...

My phone call to you...

Hello Sir, I just went to Home Depot and bought a couple bags of mulch and fertilizer, can you come spread them for me? I need it done for friday...

Friday at 1 I call you because you haven't shown up and tell you to not bother coming. Now your telling me it's only 1 o'clock and you had all afternoon to get there..........

Get it?

Fall into a complete lack of common sense if you ask me.

Greg78
06-14-2009, 12:42 PM
Shoe on the other foot...

My phone call to you...

Hello Sir, I just went to Home Depot and bought a couple bags of mulch and fertilizer, can you come spread them for me? I need it done for friday...

Friday at 1 I call you because you haven't shown up and tell you to not bother coming. Now your telling me it's only 1 o'clock and you had all afternoon to get there..........

Get it?

Fall into a complete lack of common sense if you ask me.

Perfect example. I would never ask the dealer to install something I didn't buy there.

mow4fun
06-14-2009, 01:30 PM
I am a liitle puzzeled here:

The guy takes the machine with the part and asks the dealer if they can have it ready for Tuesday and the dealer says yes. Who is at fault here???

The customer in my book is always right especially a long time customer and should be treated with respect and honestly. Everyone of us expects that when they deal with some one?

The dealer maybe had a better jo to complete or someone called sick, maybe? But, wouldn't you try to keep up a promise regardless of the situation or contact the customer and let them know.

I guess, i look at things a little differently.

Frontier-Lawn
06-14-2009, 01:32 PM
There is some holes here.......

1) You didn't specify at what time tuesday, so at 1:30, there is still half the day to go so technically, your dealer was correct....

2) Did anyone call you and tell you it was done? Did you call and ask if it was done? If you just show up, there's a good chance it might not have been done, .........and it wasn't. You took a chance, you lost.

3) Just because it was there 3 days, that has nothing to do with it. There was probably stuff there before you even dropped your machine off.

4) You got the tires in next day and payed a little less....however you had to leave your machine for 3 days anyway....... why wouldn't you just order the tires so they could call you when they were in and you could have brought it in that day and had them swap it?

1) if i say i need it ready for tuesday what does that mean, i need it for tuesday
2) they never call you unless you tell them for for a repair cost before they fix it.
3) i was told it would be ready for me on tuesday!
4) dealer cost for tires; $30 each for fronts, $80 each for rears. my cost $11 per front, $25 per rear.

Frontier-Lawn
06-14-2009, 01:36 PM
I am a liitle puzzeled here:

The guy takes the machine with the part and asks the dealer if they can have it ready for Tuesday and the dealer says yes. Who is at fault here???

The customer in my book is always right especially a long time customer and should be treated with respect and honestly. Everyone of us expects that when they deal with some one?

The dealer maybe had a better jo to complete or someone called sick, maybe? But, wouldn't you try to keep up a promise regardless of the situation or contact the customer and let them know.

I guess, i look at things a little differently.

exactly, and this dealer told me to go for the kawasaki handleds from Lesco since they are built beter then the shindys he sold and didn't have most of the epa crap on it yet like the shindys did.

wimpy
06-14-2009, 02:36 PM
Always two sides to the story. Dealerships shouldn't get blasted like that on public forum w/o all the facts and the ability to defend themselves. I think it's classless and slander.

To the OP, technically you are wrong as mentioned earlier because you didn't specify what time Tuesday, nor did you call them to make sure before wasting a visit. Even in your quotes, you gave attitude to the dealer and they gave it right back. Nothing wrong with that in my book. Customer is not always right. In fact, they are usually wrong. This is the price you pay for price shopping and using multiple vendors for your supplies. Can't have your cake and eat it too.

To the other member that posted about a Stihl sprayer, hey what is wrong with what the dealer told you? Buy a backup. In my opinion there's nothing wrong with that. You go in somewhere and expect a loaner. Why is it the dealership's burden to loan a customer anything? You are in business, do better planning and have backups. Can't afford it? Your fault, not dealers. I didn't know dealerships were responsible like parents for LCO children.

Too many dealers get bad reps here unjustifiabley.

Frontier-Lawn
06-14-2009, 03:09 PM
To the OP, technically you are wrong as mentioned earlier because you didn't specify what time Tuesday, nor did you call them to make sure before wasting a visit. Even in your quotes, you gave attitude to the dealer and they gave it right back. Nothing wrong with that in my book. Customer is not always right. In fact, they are usually wrong. This is the price you pay for price shopping and using multiple vendors for your supplies. Can't have your cake and eat it too.

i gave them attitude after they gave it to me first!!!!!! If you drop off a mower to a dealer and tell them you need it for work on a said day it means you need it done by that day to pick up in the morning of that day. Even Sarasota Chainsaw agreed with me when i stopped in there later in the day to get some trim line. and keep in mind this was on the 2nd and I'm still pissed by this stupid dealer!

brucec32
06-14-2009, 07:11 PM
FYI, they make affordable tire changers for tires like this that work fine so you never have to waste time with these dealers and you'll pay for the tool pretty quickly.

Remember, a lot of people just aren't great at running a business and this is the peak season for dealers. They're swamped, sales are strong (even in a weak market they sell a lot of mowers in the spring I'm sure), and in their ignorance they forget things won't always be this busy. So they get a little slack and don't nail down when the mower will be ready. It's bad business not to come to a meeting of the minds with the customer, as it takes just a second to specify "by the end of Tuesday" vs "it'll be ready tuesday" and have a misunderstanding. But these guys are running a mower dealership, not a Porsche dealership. So keep that in mind.

As for bringing in your own tires, I can see how getting them faster is important to a customer. If the dealer takes longer, it might be the way to go. The dealer is free to simply charge more for outside tire installs to make up for the parts markup he loses. There's no excuse for being unprofessional or slack. The dealer is also free to refuse the business if it bothers him so much, or even to say "ok, but you go to the end of the line". But a wise person would smile, do the work at a reasonable but profitable price, and hope you one day come back and spend more money.
It's short sighted to only see what you can earn RIGHT NOW from a customer. But then all this I've mentioned can be the difference between a company weathering the economy or failing in it. Any clown can stay in business during a boom.