PDA

View Full Version : Bobcat Predator Pro 37hp Kawy vs 33 hp Generac. Yes I have both.

HenryB
06-13-2009, 04:29 PM
After clocking a couple of hundred hours on these units. I'll give a short review. Generac is quieter, equal power (surprised me), smoother engine, consumes the same amount of fuel (about 1.7gph) and between oil changes oil stays golden yellow clean. A surprisingly great engine. The only question is longevity. Time will tell. So far great.

Kawy 37 hp Powerful as expected. Loud sounds like a chopper. Oil goes black after 15hrs (might mean nothing I don't know). As you can tell I like the generac better. Resale on the Kawy I'm sure is better.
The predator Pro: A great machine The speed of a Super Z with the cut of an Exmark I'm very Impressed. I expect these Bobcats to take a huge chunk of sales from Exmark.
They are priced about $2000 less than a comprable Exmark/Scag .I've owned both and like the Bobcat best hands down.
The cut reminds me a lot of the Exmark Trivantage Deck.
The suspention seat is standard.
I really give them credit for a great machine at a fair price.
When I was quoted over $12,000 for a Next lazer air cooled and $12500 for a Turf Tiger air cooled I had to look elsewhere. I think Exmark/Scag are pricing themselves right off the top of the hill. I'm really glad though otherwise I would not have tried a different brand.

Hope this review is helpful to all:waving:

FastMan
06-13-2009, 05:56 PM
Thanks for the review. The generac is cheaper than the 37 kaw, isn't it? What about cutting in the deep and the wet? And what's the weight of that rig? I can't see to find it on the website.

Side note: I see you can buy it new on Ebay from a dealer for $7200 ( 60 inch w/generac). Not sure about the shipping cost, or what you'd do about service.

FastMan
06-13-2009, 06:01 PM
here's the link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-33HP-BOB-CAT-PREDATOR-ZERO-TURN-COMMERCIAL-MOWER_W0QQitemZ230347258181QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item35a1c43945&_trksid=p4634.c0.m14.l1262&_trkparms=%7C301%3A1%7C293%3A1%7C294%3A30

tacoma200
06-13-2009, 06:07 PM
I am going to start a thread tonight because a good friend of mine just bought 2 bobcats with the 37 hp Kawakai's and one is smoking blue at start up and going through a quart of oil very fast. His dealer said to keep track of the oil consumption etc. I want to make sure he is taken care of by Kawasaki. Hopefully its somthing simple.
Posted via Mobile Device

HenryB
06-14-2009, 10:23 AM
I am going to start a thread tonight because a good friend of mine just bought 2 bobcats with the 37 hp Kawakai's and one is smoking blue at start up and going through a quart of oil very fast. His dealer said to keep track of the oil consumption etc. I want to make sure he is taken care of by Kawasaki. Hopefully its somthing simple.
Posted via Mobile Device

I'll really keep a close eye on the 37 Kawy.