PDA

View Full Version : Rain.....WTF

Allens LawnCare
06-14-2009, 03:51 AM
we've gotten 2 weeks straight of rain or to wet to mow.....WTF is going on....The sun breaks for 2 mins and everyone is calling! Great for the grass, bad for my blood pressure!!!!

Mowbizz
06-14-2009, 09:35 AM
we've gotten 2 weeks straight of rain or to wet to mow.....WTF is going on....The sun breaks for 2 mins and everyone is calling! Great for the grass, bad for my blood pressure!!!!

Yeah..I feel your pain.
I'm lucky I have a couple of free days to jostle the accounts around and get 'em while the rain has stopped for a while...It's been worse down south where you are though...wet grass sucks!

M&MLawn
06-14-2009, 09:59 AM
Yea I am going nuts, going to start hauling boats on the trailer next! This week looks like 1.5 days of working weather.

sven1277
06-14-2009, 11:08 AM
This whole spring has been tough like that. Rain is very much a double-edged sword.

barlowlawncare
06-14-2009, 02:18 PM
I don't know about everyone else but here in PA right outside philly it has rained, rained, and rained again. there isnt anything we can do but cut in the rain we have no choice. It has been horrible this season, and if you skip a week you gotta cut it three times the next week! We just try and keep our blades sharp, our speeds a little slow (so we turf less) and out blowers in excellent working order! pretty much the only thing ya can do! One other thing im not sure if it's a plus or not is that we get a lot of ppl coming out and asking us to cut their lawns? It's a one time cut deal because they havent been able to cut it themselves so the grass is long, and we don't really know what to charge cause you wanna do a good job because they could be future customers, but you dont know the lawn and it's double the work, and your also falling behind schedule for your regulars so at first we were doing it for say like $10 extra what we would normally charge but it got to be so many we had to start saying sorry we just don't have the time. Has anyone else had this problem?

tacoma200
06-14-2009, 02:21 PM
Welcome to the club, at least you didn't have landslides that washed houses away, roads washed out, and declared a disaster area. That was our case this Spring.

barlowlawncare
06-14-2009, 03:04 PM
yes thank the lord for that!

hockeypro1411
06-14-2009, 03:04 PM
We get some rain every few nights. Grass is healthy and green!

Whitey4
06-14-2009, 03:26 PM
Grass here is tall, wet and full of fungus infestations. It sucks.

Kelly's Landscaping
06-14-2009, 08:01 PM
This was the 6th day in a row we had rain today and they say more tomorrow. Talk about a hard week lost 3-4 hours a day to rain all last week. Somehow the 4 of us managed to do 3 mulch jobs 2 pruning jobs and 170 lawn cuts. But its been beyond stressful what pisses me off is the rain till noon then a wet humid day of cutting why can we not have one full day of rain I could call a day off then some real sunny days to cut in.

barlowlawncare
06-14-2009, 09:36 PM
exactly! It has been a tough season so far, twice the work for the same pay

a&j lawncare llc
06-14-2009, 09:39 PM
it could be worst and not raining and the grass not growing....then no $$$ coming in ......lets hope the raine spring means a VERY white winter...

Allens LawnCare
06-14-2009, 11:14 PM
Did have a great winter