PDA

View Full Version : Pivot or Not?

MOturkey
06-14-2009, 12:18 PM
First zero turn I ever operated had a pivoting front end, and the first I ever bought, a Gravely 250, also had a pivoting front end. My 2007 and 2009 Gravely 260's also have a pivoting front end, but with the option of locking by the use of a couple of bolts. When I bought my 2007, I took the bolts out before I ever used the machine, but when I bought my new one a few weeks ago, I had to press it into service immediately after I picked it up, so mowed for a day with the front end locked, but found it to feel "odd" after getting so used to mowing the other way.

I'm just curious how many of you mow with either a Z that doesn't have a pivoting front end, or for those with the option, choose to lock the front end, and what you think the advantages are. It seemed to me the ride was rougher, and I had less control on uneven terrain, but perhaps that was just because I am so used to things being the other way.

SfTD_service_CENTER
06-14-2009, 01:08 PM
there are some serrious dips and bumps where i am and my front end is locked, i have no real issues with uneven ground. .

Nosmo
06-14-2009, 07:28 PM
I keep the pivot pins locked on my tank.

Nosmo

MSS Mow
06-14-2009, 07:38 PM
unlocked on both my Kubota 331's. I've tried it locked and didn't like it. I'm sure, as with anything, I would get used to it, but I definately think the unlocked is a much better ride.

djflats
06-14-2009, 09:04 PM
I have a TANK M48(2004)and I use to let it pivot. I locked it in towards last season and I like it better locked.