PDA

View Full Version : Is this correct or a misprint?

HSCoach
06-14-2009, 11:29 AM
If this is correct, someone smarter than me please explain. In eXmark's brouchre I was looking at the rider acres per hour productivity chart. I was looking at the 52" vs 60" comparisons at 80%. The 60" cuts more up to 8mph, then the 52" cuts more according to the chart. At 9mph, the 52" cuts a full acre more...5.36 vs the 60"s 4.35. How is that possible. And if it's ture then that will help me make my decision of which mower to finally buy. If this a really simple explanation I'm going feel real stupid, but it won't be the first time and probably not the last.

Thanks for any clarification,
Coach

SfTD_service_CENTER
06-14-2009, 11:32 AM
its a misprint, it is impossible for a 52 to cut more than a 60 at the same speed.

LushGreenLawn
06-14-2009, 12:07 PM
Keep in mind, those charts are kind of useless.

One mower can cut at 8mph, one mower can cut at 9mph.

The only thing is, you will only be able to mow at those speeds on lawns that don't have to have a great end result, like industrial type accounts and large open lots. If you are mowing residential accounts, you will not be going 8 and 9 mph. (some people will chime in and say they do, but keep in mind these are not people that care about a manicured looking end result)

DLAWNS
06-14-2009, 12:18 PM
Keep in mind, those charts are kind of useless.

One mower can cut at 8mph, one mower can cut at 9mph.

The only thing is, you will only be able to mow at those speeds on lawns that don't have to have a great end result, like industrial type accounts and large open lots. If you are mowing residential accounts, you will not be going 8 and 9 mph. (some people will chime in and say they do, but keep in mind these are not people that care about a manicured looking end result)

Very god post!

tacoma200
06-14-2009, 01:13 PM
the 52" will cut 86.67% of the acreage the 60" will cut and any given speed. So on the same lot in the same conditions you can cut 10 acres with the 60" and only 8.667 acres with a 52. The charts are only a reference and do not always reflect real world conditions. If you go 1 mph faster on the 52" they will cut approximately the same acreage.

Exmark has an 80% and 100% productivity chart, make sure you are looking at it right.