PDA

View Full Version : Honest opinion of Walker mowers!

bligh61
06-14-2009, 04:29 PM
Any and all opinions on Walker ghs commercial series d, t, etc. Cutting comparisons, price, ease of use and so on, would be appreciated. Thanks

kaferhaus
06-14-2009, 05:25 PM
Good mowers but overrated and way overpriced. Slow, slow slow slow and you must either bag or leave a mess with the rear discharge.

Did I mention how slow they are?

I demo'd one for half a day a few years ago.... didn't even keep it the whole day as it was costing us money to operate it (poor productivity). Left a nice cut but not enough "nicer" that the homeowner would ever know it... a pro would but a homeowner, no way. It was costing us 5-10 minutes on each lawn (residentials) and would have been far worse on a commercial account.

And the price.....ouch

Scott's Lawn Maintenance
06-14-2009, 05:30 PM
Walkers are great mowers , cost wise they are more expensive then most.
They give a manicured cut and do a great job on spring and fall cleanups.
There are many attachments available such as the dethatcher , snow blower
and etc. that make it a very versatile machine . I do own other machines but will always have a least one.

Mowingman
06-14-2009, 05:52 PM
Probably the best cut of any mower on the market today, both mulching and bagging. Well designed and well built. Expensive, but worth every penny of the cost. A great ZTR for less than 1 acre of mowing. However, they have some faster, newer models with big decks, that should give the other ZTR's a run for their money on larger properties.
After you run a Walker and get used to it, you will never want to be without one on your trailer.

dishboy
06-14-2009, 06:08 PM
Good mowers but overrated and way overpriced. Slow, slow slow slow and you must either bag or leave a mess with the rear discharge.

Did I mention how slow they are?

I demo'd one for half a day a few years ago.... didn't even keep it the whole day as it was costing us money to operate it (poor productivity). Left a nice cut but not enough "nicer" that the homeowner would ever know it... a pro would but a homeowner, no way. It was costing us 5-10 minutes on each lawn (residentials) and would have been far worse on a commercial account.

And the price.....ouch

Depends on the application. My model MB cuts at 7 MPH if needed so you have misspoken on that call. As far as the homeowner not noticing the nicer cut I will call B.S. on that also. You have to be blind to not see the difference that the contour following design achieves.

Walker also makes the best mulching deck in the industry IMO!.

whaning
06-14-2009, 07:24 PM
I own 2 a GHS and a side discharge, both are great mower, and I don't think they are over priced due to the service and availibilty of getting service and parts very fast.
The GHS is slow on tall wet grass, but does very good on dry and grass that is under 4 inches tall.
They hold good resale value,
My only complaint is with the new model b they have the steering way to fast and makes it a bit jerkie. but as for any mower I'll never go with any mower that does not have a tilt up front deck, it's a life saver and time saver during these wet tall months,
Never again with a under belly deck, (Never)
The Walker is great for being a lower seat, about 10 inches lower than any other,