PDA

View Full Version : Thinking about a Ultra Vac

BlackDog3
06-14-2009, 07:48 PM
Hey Gang, i was thinking about getting and ultra vac for my Lazer for leaf clean ups in the fall. What do you guys think? Who has them?

Chris

shovelracer
06-14-2009, 08:00 PM
Its a vacuum system. They are all pretty similar. Big, bulky, heavy, and do an OK job. We use them and it sure beats nothing, but you arent going to eliminate blowing with it.

BlackDog3
06-14-2009, 08:03 PM
Oh i know, i have a few bigger properties i do leaf clean ups on and it was annoying just using my backpack to move are the leaves in a big pile and picking them up.

Chris

RJS L&D
06-14-2009, 08:45 PM
I have one on my lazer HP and like it when I put it on in the fall and early spring. Its no Navigator though but does lighten the load. With leaves the best thing that worked for me in central/south jersey was dropping the front baffle all the way on the triton deck. Picked up much better. also with high lift blades.

BlackDog3
06-14-2009, 10:45 PM
I wish i had a Lazer with a triton deck, i have an older lazer. It has the controls in the center instead of on the fender. But i guess it would all work the same.

Chris

dtelawn
06-14-2009, 11:23 PM
I have an Ultra Vac set up on my Lazer Z and have loved it. If you understand the limits of your equipment it will work out great. It has plenty suction for anything you should actually be running over. On a place that is covered heavily I take the bags off and mulch it up good before runnig back over it. It also bags well during mowing.

JDiepstra
06-14-2009, 11:28 PM
I have the Ultra Vac with the quick dump hopper. Suck everything up, dump it at the curb where allowed, dump it in the woods where possible, or back onto the trailer and dump it on there. Or, just get a mulching kit and turn the leaves to dust!

Pat Daniels
06-15-2009, 02:17 AM
I always mulch first then bag cuts down on the volume