PDA

View Full Version : Don't hate me because I'm beautiful

Heintooga
06-14-2009, 08:47 PM
Hate me because I'm the guy with the white beard and hair in the little pickup with a push mower, string trimmer and broom. Seriously though .... Folks have to qualify for me to mow for them. They have to be too old or handicapped and can't afford to hire it out. I don't charge but will occasionally take a tip if I think it will help with their selfesteem or pride. And you can bet that when I leave it looks as good as if they paid top dollar for the work. I started in the mid 60's with a reel mower, moved up to a gas powered with a crank (remember those) and got the first rider in my neighborhood. I've cut everything the golf courses could grow, from the club house to the greens. I deal with independent dealers only and buy everything made in U.S.A. I can.

Here till I'm gone, Ron

Snapper MR216517B
Snapper CRP2160KWV
Shindaiwa T242
Honda HRC216

ps.... Heintooga is Cherokee for one who seeks solitude in the wilderness

airsoftamazon
06-22-2009, 11:04 PM
Wow, not sure what to say. I'm not trying to be rude either.:dancing:

Heintooga
09-14-2009, 02:13 PM
Couldn't edit because the post is too old so I'll reply instead. Drop the Shindaiwa & Honda and replace with Stihl FS 90 R & Snapper RP21875BV. Oh yeh, might as well add the '94 Toyota 2WD and broom to the list, lol.

Shasta Lake Landscaping
09-14-2009, 02:19 PM
That's awesome to hear, makes me happy to hear there's still good in the world.

LeaLCM
09-14-2009, 03:12 PM
Wow, you are a good soul and a wonderful example to others...I wish you only the best for doing the good deeds that you do! :clapping:

americanlawn
09-14-2009, 06:40 PM
Same here. Way to go Ron -- your kindness & thoughfullness makes you beautiful. BTW I have white hair too. Take care buddy. Nice job. :usflag:

LR3
09-14-2009, 11:05 PM
That's awesome to hear, makes me happy to hear there's still good in the world.

It makes me happy too. If your Stihl ever breaks down on you and you need a new trimmer, I do have a ShindyT242, practically brand new that i don't use. It's yours if you want it. I will pay half of shipping coming from 06370. This is an open door offer, to you. Take care and keep up the good work and good vibes! Peace!:)

P.Services
09-14-2009, 11:10 PM
old with white hair and a beard but still uses "lol" this is either b.s or hes gone be hearing the phrase "im chris hanson, why dont you have a seat over there" real soon.

LR3
09-14-2009, 11:20 PM
Faith Picasso, you gotta have faith.

Heintooga
09-15-2009, 08:00 PM
Thanks LR3, that's a very generous offer. I doubt I'll ever have to take you up on it but I'll let you know if anything changes.

To all: I kind of backed into this 'hobby' by helping an 85 year old widow. I was always taught to respect my elders and learned along the way that the old folks are our truest national treasures. If only the young folks would listen to the elders the country and world as a whole would be a much better place.

turfrider1020
09-30-2009, 11:24 PM
you sound like a great guy hope when i retire i can join you helping people who cant help themselves keep up the good work