PDA

View Full Version : 11 acre apartment complex

JoshsLawnService
06-14-2009, 10:15 PM
I would like know what u guys would charge per acre to mow with 3 guys and your self. Two would be mowing and two trimming.
It takes between 5 to 8 hours depending on how hard u work and there is a lot of trimming. around 45 buildings and a lot of trees and objects.
Its a estimate i am giving and dont want to under cut or go to high on price
Im in Michigan, I usually charge around $60 to 65 an acre
Want to know if im in the ballpark or not.
Thanks

bohiaa
06-14-2009, 10:31 PM
cnt give advice for Michigan, were here in Texas. but I can tell you, that sounds low

also make sure you dont screw this up, get everythign in writing, color change, sprinkler system. how many times to trim the hedges, to be honest with 2 guys down here were pulling in 5 to 6 hunderd a day.

so with 3 guys I would have to bid that around 7 to 800.00 per week.
it would be diffrent from state to state, as you know its hot here in texas. with 3 guys there is NO way we could do that in 5 to 8 hrs,

Best of luck and keep us posted

GOOSEHANSON
06-14-2009, 11:22 PM
you can't make any money on that price if you were around here...I charge at least $60.00 a man hour...sounds like you would be waayy under that but I am solo and can pull it off....are you saying it will take 4 guys 5-8 hours to finish the job?...8X60= 480.00 by 4 if you are paying equal $120.00 a day minus taxes and insurance...doesn't seem worth it at all..bohiaa sounds closer to what I would figure...