PDA

View Full Version : Mulching St Augustine with Triton

tjlco
06-14-2009, 09:41 PM
I have been looking at a 66 exmark with a triton deck, with mulch kit. I also have a 60 inch with ultra cut in mind......which one will mulch the floratam down here.....it seems to grow like 10 inches a week (at least 5). Both of my ztr's are getting old and tired so its time to get a new one. both of these machines I can get for 8900 out the door, but they are last years models. Any advice????

marcuslawnguy
06-14-2009, 09:46 PM
I cut southern grasses like yourself and my scags turftiger velocity deck, walkbehind with a advantage deck do extremely well with mulch plates and gators or other mulching blades I have used. Never had a exmark but see if you can demo a Scag turf tiber velocity deck. Good luck with the triton I have heard a lot of negative comments about them.

tjlco
06-14-2009, 09:52 PM
yeah I have 2 52 tiger cubs now and love them, both with 4000 hrs and counting.....but the only scag dealer near me is an hour away and has no....I mean no scag parts...they keep telling me they haven't made their "big order yet". This is going on 6 months.

SfTD_service_CENTER
06-14-2009, 10:00 PM
the truth of the matter is weather a trton will work for you! and in your situation i actually think it might! floratam is a wide thick grass and a trton is meant for heavy growth lawns in the florida area! you might be one of the few that have a excelent experience with a triton deck and i must say if you do choose the triton i wish you good luck on your journey!....

an ultracut is a great deck for most all grass might not process the grass as quick as some but it sure leaves a nice cut in most situations!

i would look at other brands of mowers and make sure their isnt somthing out their that wouldnt be better suited to your needs before making a purchase of the ones you have mentioned.

marcuslawnguy
06-14-2009, 10:11 PM
yeah I have 2 52 tiger cubs now and love them, both with 4000 hrs and counting.....but the only scag dealer near me is an hour away and has no....I mean no scag parts...they keep telling me they haven't made their "big order yet". This is going on 6 months.

wow that is a lot of hours:weightlifter: but if the dealer is crap well we all know what that means:nono: If I were to buy another brand it would be exmark then gravely. but on here I never see anybody posting anything about gravely.