PDA

View Full Version : NEW (to me) MOWER!!

Nichols Quality Yard Care
06-15-2009, 11:52 AM
I finally got a new (used) mower. Ive been looking all year for a good deal. I finally think I found one. I found this mower locally..50 miles away from my house. I paid $1000 for the mower and sulky. It is a real clean mower (with the exception of the dirt on it) garage kept. It has about 220 hours on it. Its about 7 or 8 yrs old...my only concern. It has the 14hp kawasaki. It is definetly taking some getting use to. My budget was $1500 so Im a happy camper so long as this mower doesnt break too bad. although i didnt post much, this website helped me with my choice. thanks to everyone for giving me good material to read and second hand advice.

http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s205/clayton_nichols/Picture002.jpg
http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s205/clayton_nichols/Picture003.jpg

kaferhaus
06-15-2009, 12:26 PM
I know nothing about any Gravely that's been built in the past 10-12yrs but the Kaw engine is a winner. And at least on that machine you don't have to take the front end apart to change the cutting height..... That has kept me from buying a big walk behind for a long time. we're constantly changing cutting heights from one lawn to the next.

The big walk behinds that have the features you really need are so close in price to a ZTR that is pretty stupid to buy one. (just my opinion)

I think for a grand you did real good. congrats.

topsites
06-15-2009, 01:28 PM
Yeah, I feel the same way, that's a fine looking mower, look here...
Just from the look of things it appears to be all OEM, no aftermarket crap,
no backyard paint jobs to cover up defects, no cheapo engine and I'm telling
you that Kawasaki is more than likely the OEM engine that mower rolled off
the assembly line with.

You buy used that's the kind of machine to look for, in decent shape, for a good price, and 100% pure OEM!

Now 14hp is plenty, the worst of it is those pistol grips and a belt drive system,
because yeah, they do take some getting used to :p
But for a thousand dollars in that condition the age is of less concern, that mower looks like a 3-4 year old
and will likely act like a 4-5 year old due to the actual age, meaning you should get many years out of it.

So I think you got a good deal, my opinion.
Enjoy it.

Nichols Quality Yard Care
06-15-2009, 11:10 PM
thanks. Yeah I really dont like the grips. my left hand got a blister right in the center of my palm on the first day of use. Do they make any nicer grips to go on these things, mine are torn? what is wrong with belt drive vs. whatever else is out there?