PDA

View Full Version : Need Work

OrangeToys
06-15-2009, 12:05 PM
Im trying to think of different way that I could use a tractor in the lawn (Landscaping) buisness. I would love to buy a tractor, but I have the work right now to make a few months of payments and Im trying to think up ways that I could use it more to make a a few hundred/thousand a week.

Any Ideas?

kaferhaus
06-15-2009, 12:20 PM
Buying anything on credit in this economy is not a very bright thing to do. In good times it isn't really a bright thing to do.

Unless you already had the work lined up to pay it off I wouldn't even consider it. your time would be better spent persuing work that you already have the equipment for.

Now is the time to be putting cash back as quickly as you can as the economy is likely to get worse as soon as the "annointed one" gets all his tax increases and regulatory fees/carbon credits going.

eatonpcat
06-15-2009, 12:57 PM
Im trying to think of different way that I could use a tractor in the lawn (Landscaping) buisness. I would love to buy a tractor, but I have the work right now to make a few months of payments and Im trying to think up ways that I could use it more to make a a few hundred/thousand a week.

Any Ideas?

Truthfully... Depending on size of tractor and attachments you purchase, There are pretty much an infinite amount of things you could use it for. Mine has a front end loader, a grader, an auger, snow blade ETC... I think you should figure out what you want to do before you even go shopping.

Also, Ditto with what Kaferhaus said...Good advice in my opinion!

OrangeToys
06-15-2009, 01:01 PM
ya im saving money too

BadRancher
06-15-2009, 01:14 PM
Take kaferhaus advice. Ya don't just buy a tractor and make money on auto. Ya gotta remember a lot of people that have a large ammount of land also have a tractor.
Posted via Mobile Device

topsites
06-15-2009, 01:16 PM
Yup, I bought my Z on credit when times were good, guess what?
It will be paid for this November, you think that is good?

Man, I had to eat those payments every month for how long times been tough now,
and I can not WAIT to get that thing out from under me, I said it more than once,
it was the LAST piece of equipment I buy on credit.
So the question is...
Why, unless you have this wish to walk around saying what I said because maybe it makes you 'cool?'
No sir, it ain't cool, it SUCKS!
Save your cash, then when you got the whole amount, buy it outright.
You don't have to know the reason, you just do it, now that is cool.
And really the only smart way I know of.

1993lx172
06-15-2009, 06:51 PM
You could mow with it, use it on one of your larger properties, you could do bush hogging, light grading, aerating, over seeding, installation or rehabilitation of gravel drives, tilling gardens, heck even pulling out small bushes and stumps. It's a tractor, the only limitations you have are it's capabilities, what attachments you can buy, and what work you can line up for it. In my opinion if you can do it (you could always buy a used one) go for it.

BadRancher
06-15-2009, 06:56 PM
You could mow with it, use it on one of your larger properties, you could do bush hogging, light grading, aerating, over seeding, installation or rehabilitation of gravel drives, tilling gardens, heck even pulling out small bushes and stumps. It's a tractor, the only limitations you have are it's capabilities, what attachments you can buy, and what work you can line up for it. In my opinion if you can do it (you could always buy a used one) go for it.

I agree. If you must finance, find a good used one. But never purchase one and attachments on the short term work you can line up. Always think long term. Most people that have posted support your cause and what you wanna do. We just want you to be smart about it business wise.

LouisianaLawnboy
06-16-2009, 12:22 AM
Yup, I bought my Z on credit when times were good, guess what?
It will be paid for this November, you think that is good?

Man, I had to eat those payments every month for how long times been tough now,
and I can not WAIT to get that thing out from under me, I said it more than once,
it was the LAST piece of equipment I buy on credit.
So the question is...
Why, unless you have this wish to walk around saying what I said because maybe it makes you 'cool?'
No sir, it ain't cool, it SUCKS!
Save your cash, then when you got the whole amount, buy it outright.
You don't have to know the reason, you just do it, now that is cool.
And really the only smart way I know of.

Sounds like your on the Dave Ramsey Plan.:usflag: