PDA

View Full Version : Scag Tiger Cub Blade Choice?

Gridermowing
06-15-2009, 01:32 PM
I have a 05 Scag Tiger Cub 48/19 with the advantage deck. I am looking for a good blade. I have a set of high lift blades but they seem to suck all the power out of my mower. Anyway I was wanting some good blades and some recommendations on what lift to get. Thanks in advance.

jeffham
06-15-2009, 03:46 PM
I have the same mower with the same results. I have tried the oregon high lift fushion blades (as well as scag high lifts) with no difference in cut quality or power. I was about to start a similar thread to see what others were using. I have thought about going with a couple of standard lifts with one high lift on the dischare side but I don't want to buy the standard lift blades if they won't help. btw...i only notice the lack of power going up a hill in tall grass so this isn't a deal breaker for me.
Posted via Mobile Device

Gridermowing
06-15-2009, 04:53 PM
Yeah mine is more in the thicker grass and up hills also. Would it be better to run 2 standard and 1 high lift like on the discharge side or in the middle? Which would be better I wonder. Thanks.

jeffham
06-15-2009, 04:59 PM
Yeah mine is more in the thicker grass and up hills also. Would it be better to run 2 standard and 1 high lift like on the discharge side or in the middle? Which would be better I wonder. Thanks.

I have always heard put the high lift on the discharge side. If I had the standards, I would try them all out.