PDA

View Full Version : Sod Job

Szafranman
06-15-2009, 03:15 PM
I was wondering how you guys charge for laying sod? I have been told to charge $10 per roll of sod that is a 5'X2' roll standard here in Illinois I guess. The job I am doing will require 12 rolls of sod and not much in terms of leveling or adding dirt to prep for laying. I have done upwards of twenty of these jobs before however, I was interested to see what you guys were charging and whether I was to high or low in my estimates and charges. Any insight would be much appreciated.

- I should add that each roll usually costs about $2.50 at the landscape store but has been as high as $3.44.

andyslawncare
08-25-2009, 07:50 AM
that's $10/sq. ft.!!! I would never sell a job charging $504/pallet!! haha. WE buy bermuda for $75/pallet and install for 200-230/pallet = 504sq. ft each. Don't buy from a landscape store, buy from a sod farm! This price is usually for prep too if all it needs is to be harley raked. You can charge anywhere from 100-160/pallet for your labor charge. Don't forget to pass along the delivery charge if you don't buy the minimum for free delivery!