PDA

View Full Version : Just priced a New Lazer 34 hp

tacoma200
06-15-2009, 05:03 PM
I just called the larger of the dealers here to get a ballpark figure on the New Lazer Z with a 60" deck and 34 Kawasaki. The first price he gave me was $10,900 with out the suspension seat so we are talking $11,500 with a full suspension seat. I am going to set up a demo if it will ever stop raining and he agreed to save me a slot to demo one. If I'm going to be comparing them I might as well see how it handles compared to the older Z's I've had. It may be a while but I'll take a demo anyway. No doubt I can get him to lower the price some (the asking price is never the actual price here).

Anyway I'm sure I could probably get him to price it with the full suspension seat for under $11,000. But I have to remember I gave $9,600 for the 35 Scag. It may be a few weeks before I get time for a demo but I'll give it a fair review and try to take some pics. I hope he will let me keep one a while even if I have to pay to rent it a day.

FromtheGroundUp
06-15-2009, 05:18 PM
is that 34 kaw, liquid cooled and efi?

tacoma200
06-15-2009, 05:26 PM
is that 34 kaw, liquid cooled and efi?

I think all the New Lazers are air cooled, vertical, carburated engines. If he will let me test one I can be less biased when I compare it with the old ones. I have bought from him before so he seems to have no problem with me demoing if I can get the time. Should be a learning experience. I just hope he will let me keep it long enough to get a good feel for what it can or can't do.

Junior M
06-15-2009, 05:33 PM
I havent been following your threads real close, so this is a sorry ahead of time if you stated this somewhere previously. But are you looking to buy this Lazer or are you just demoing for the hell of it?

FromtheGroundUp
06-15-2009, 05:39 PM
do you get used to the stiff dampners of the turf tigers? or do you have sore elbows every night? is the 31 hp the liquid cooled motor ?if so how do ya like it?

lazer 46
06-15-2009, 06:41 PM
I got a quote of $11,300 for a new Lazer 34 Kawi with the suspension seat and an extra set of blades.

tacoma200
06-15-2009, 07:32 PM
I havent been following your threads real close, so this is a sorry ahead of time if you stated this somewhere previously. But are you looking to buy this Lazer or are you just demoing for the hell of it?

I am going for the demo. I want to know how the new ones handle so I can keep up and be objective when I talk about them. It may lead to a future purchase, who knows. Not ready to buy just yet till business conditions are better but I want to get the demo out of the way. I may study a ZTR for a long time before I make a purchase and the Lazer is very interesting.

Lonny90
06-15-2009, 07:34 PM
Tacoma, you are in southern KY; I'm in northern TN.
How far are you from Murray, KY?
Hope the demo goes well...

tacoma200
06-15-2009, 07:34 PM
do you get used to the stiff dampners of the turf tigers? or do you have sore elbows every night? is the 31 hp the liquid cooled motor ?if so how do ya like it?

I have two air cooled Turf Tigers. Yes you get used to the stiffer dampers and they actually help on larger properties (I hated them at first, but they grew on me). I am used to jumping off a Lazer (05) on to a Tiger and it just takes a second to readjust.

tacoma200
06-15-2009, 07:37 PM
Tacoma, you are in southern KY; I'm in northern TN.
How far are you from Murray, KY?
Hope the demo goes well...

I am near Dale Hollow Lake and Lake Cumberland, out in the sticks. I've been to Paris, near Kentucky Lake, right?

fergman
06-15-2009, 08:40 PM
got my next lazer 34 kawi 60 inch for $10,200

tacoma200
06-15-2009, 08:56 PM
That's helpful fergman.
Thanks.
Posted via Mobile Device

Thunderbolt
06-15-2009, 09:48 PM
Mine was $10,600 with custom ride suspension seat add on.:)

GravelyGuy
06-15-2009, 10:37 PM
I was qouted about $10,000 even with the 34 HP and no suspension seat.

JB1
06-15-2009, 10:44 PM
DO I hear a $9800.oo anywhere, $9800.00 anywhere.

GravelyGuy
06-15-2009, 10:52 PM
DO I hear a $9800.oo anywhere, $9800.00 anywhere.

Did you get one for that price? That sounds like 29 HP pricing like mine.

JB1
06-15-2009, 10:55 PM
Did you get one for that price? That sounds like 29 HP pricing like mine.

NAH, Tacoma got a price for $11000.00 and its funny everybody keeps chiming in with lower prices. No I'm still running hustlers, while I'm still getting good prices.

GravelyGuy
06-15-2009, 10:59 PM
It's funny because everyone seems to get much lower prices for their Scags compared to what I was initially qouted. Dealers get top dollar for Scag around here especially from those that just walk in ready to buy.

Lonny90
06-15-2009, 11:10 PM
I am near Dale Hollow Lake and Lake Cumberland, out in the sticks. I've been to Paris, near Kentucky Lake, right?
That's right. Just a bit to the west of the lake.:)

tacoma200
06-15-2009, 11:47 PM
I don't plan on buying one and I would never pay the initial quote from the phone call I just want.a demo. I think I have the right ZTR,s for the jobs I.m doing right now. I would like to demo a lot more ZTR's. Most companys want you to try their products so why not. I have the means to buy if I was impressed enough. I think I'll like it but it probably won't be the right mower for my rough conditions. They have demos just for people like me that are curious or on the fence about a new product. I'm not brand loyal so I'm a good candidate.
Posted via Mobile Device

94 ukgrad
07-20-2009, 07:19 PM

Hey Tacoma200, I live in Russell Springs.........small world isn't it.

tacoma200
07-20-2009, 07:45 PM
Hey Tacoma200, I live in Russell Springs.........small world isn't it.

Hey Mark, I saw where you posted asking about oil filters. Lots of places around here to cross over the filter for your Lazer. I get Wix filters at B&H auto parts in Russell Springs. Yes it's a small world. Let me know if you need any help on the Lazer, I've had a couple. Send me a PM if you can. I noticed you weren't set up to receive private messages yet.

nosparkplugs
07-20-2009, 08:22 PM
You know for the money we spend on these machines no matter the brand, how hard or expensive is it for these ZTR manufacture's to just make a suspension seat standard equipment. After 10 years I finally got one, and it was only because it was standard. Suspension ZTR or not the suspension seat makes a world of difference in how a ZTR rides.

lazer 46
07-20-2009, 09:06 PM
You know for the money we spend on these machines no matter the brand, how hard or expensive is it for these ZTR manufacture's to just make a suspension seat standard equipment. After 10 years I finally got one, and it was only because it was standard. Suspension ZTR or not the suspension seat makes a world of difference in how a ZTR rides.

My pet peeve is that when you order the suspension seat with the Lazer it comes in a seperate box and you get no credit for the standard seat that is on the Lazer. I ordered the suspension seat and it came without the needed spacers to allow the seat to slide back and forth. I waited another week to get those. But the suspension seat does make a big difference.

94 ukgrad
07-21-2009, 05:30 PM
Hey Mark, I saw where you posted asking about oil filters. Lots of places around here to cross over the filter for your Lazer. I get Wix filters at B&H auto parts in Russell Springs. Yes it's a small world. Let me know if you need any help on the Lazer, I've had a couple. Send me a PM if you can. I noticed you weren't set up to receive private messages yet.

I found out I can get OEM Kawaski filters locally at Richard's Lawn & Garden. Tacoma, you are the main reason I chose the Exmark. I read all of your opinions on this site and I was looking for a mower with the nicest cut for my lawn. I don't mow commercially, just my lawn. My 28 hp Kaw. 52" Laser Z AS is overkill for my 1.25 acres but, man, how I love it. I'm thinking about getting the striping kit for my Exmark, have you had any experience with one on an Exmark?

tacoma200
07-21-2009, 07:47 PM
I found out I can get OEM Kawaski filters locally at Richard's Lawn & Garden. Tacoma, you are the main reason I chose the Exmark. I read all of your opinions on this site and I was looking for a mower with the nicest cut for my lawn. I don't mow commercially, just my lawn. My 28 hp Kaw. 52" Laser Z AS is overkill for my 1.25 acres but, man, how I love it. I'm thinking about getting the striping kit for my Exmark, have you had any experience with one on an Exmark?

Yes the rollers that fit on the back of the deck do a great job. The stripes are deeper than my Turf Tiger's. I bought mine off of Ebay and it was the same as the Exmark branded roller. The New Lazer is offering a rubber type roller instead of steel. What year is you Exmark? Any way for good stripes you need to cut fairly high (3.5" to 4"), especially if the turf has a fair amount of weeds (which most does in this area). Very few of the lawns I cut are worth striping. The steel roller on my Exmark did make it ride a bit rougher on bumpy lawns and you can get into a bind mowing a ditch line or something. I have cut the same house with both the Exmark and Turf Tiger and the Exmark left a better cut and stripe but you can't let it get too tall with the Lazer (or wet). It will spit out chunks/clumps if you try to take off too much as apposed to the Turf Tiger which has less problems but the cut isn't as smooth. Most people in this area like the lawns cut low so the striper won't do much good in that case. Cumberland Lawn leaves some of the nicest looking stripes from a distance with the Grasshoppers and a rubber flap but the cut isn't impressive close up. Lot's of missed grass. You will have to cut high and get the roller adjusted just right for your lawn for the striper to make a much of a difference here (unless you have a really good stand of grass). Going in the same pattern several times and you will see the stripe deepen, but of course you will want to alternate you cutting every now and then.

Yes I do a lot of business at Richards. Nice guy. He never has carried any commercial Toro equipment though. I wouldn't know how to act to have a dealer in the same town for my ZTR's. Did you go to K&T or Beards for your Exmark?

Here is a link to where I get my Exmark rollers if I remember correctly. almost 100% positive feedback

http://cgi.ebay.com/Turf-Striper-Striping-Kit-for-eXmark-52-Ultra-Cut-mower_W0QQitemZ370232981775QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item56339af90f&_trksid=p4634.c0.m14.l1262&_trkparms=|293%3A1|294%3A30

I just got back from Campbellsville and the lots are a lot smoother there, a bit more affluent area (not much) but Exmark is the main ZTR you see there as apposed to Grasshoppers and Scags here.

djflats
07-21-2009, 09:27 PM
The Next Lazer Z I use at work(60", 29 HP)went in today for a new suspension seat. I'm not sure which one they're getting but I'll check it out and let you know how it does. My Lazer Z A/S I have here at home has the Seat Isolation System. The seat has 4 rubber mounts that it sits on that "gives" 1/2" either way, right/left, front/back, and some bounce. It does a good job. I'm anxious to see what they put on the mower at work. I'll pick it up in the morning but don't know if I'll get to use it tomorrow. Calling for more rain plus some more wasteful meetings at work. I'll get back with you though. Later....

94 ukgrad
07-21-2009, 10:49 PM
Yes the rollers that fit on the back of the deck do a great job. The stripes are deeper than my Turf Tiger's. I bought mine off of Ebay and it was the same as the Exmark branded roller. The New Lazer is offering a rubber type roller instead of steel. What year is you Exmark? Any way for good stripes you need to cut fairly high (3.5" to 4"), especially if the turf has a fair amount of weeds (which most does in this area). Very few of the lawns I cut are worth striping. The steel roller on my Exmark did make it ride a bit rougher on bumpy lawns and you can get into a bind mowing a ditch line or something. I have cut the same house with both the Exmark and Turf Tiger and the Exmark left a better cut and stripe but you can't let it get too tall with the Lazer (or wet). It will spit out chunks/clumps if you try to take off too much as apposed to the Turf Tiger which has less problems but the cut isn't as smooth. Most people in this area like the lawns cut low so the striper won't do much good in that case. Cumberland Lawn leaves some of the nicest looking stripes from a distance with the Grasshoppers and a rubber flap but the cut isn't impressive close up. Lot's of missed grass. You will have to cut high and get the roller adjusted just right for your lawn for the striper to make a much of a difference here (unless you have a really good stand of grass). Going in the same pattern several times and you will see the stripe deepen, but of course you will want to alternate you cutting every now and then.

Yes I do a lot of business at Richards. Nice guy. He never has carried any commercial Toro equipment though. I wouldn't know how to act to have a dealer in the same town for my ZTR's. Did you go to K&T or Beards for your Exmark?

Here is a link to where I get my Exmark rollers if I remember correctly. almost 100% positive feedback

http://cgi.ebay.com/Turf-Striper-Striping-Kit-for-eXmark-52-Ultra-Cut-mower_W0QQitemZ370232981775QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item56339af90f&_trksid=p4634.c0.m14.l1262&_trkparms=|293%3A1|294%3A30

I just got back from Campbellsville and the lots are a lot smoother there, a bit more affluent area (not much) but Exmark is the main ZTR you see there as apposed to Grasshoppers and Scags here.

My Exmark is a 2007. It lays some pretty goods stripes now. I mow at 4 1/4" and fert. (Scotts 4 times a yr.) and spray for weeds yearly. I take a lot of pride in my lawn......at least a lot more than most people in this area.

I purchased my Exmark last spring from K&T. I gave $7950. A lot of cash but I had been wanting and Zero Turn for years. Thanks for your thoughts on the striper. Hopefully, I can talk my wife into allowing me to get one since she just got an iPhone.

tacoma200
07-21-2009, 10:58 PM
My Exmark is a 2007. It lays some pretty goods stripes now. I mow at 4 1/4" and fert. (Scotts 4 times a yr.) and spray for weeds yearly. I take a lot of pride in my lawn......at least a lot more than most people in this area.

I purchased my Exmark last spring from K&T. I gave $7950. A lot of cash but I had been wanting and Zero Turn for years. Thanks for your thoughts on the striper. Hopefully, I can talk my wife into allowing me to get one since she just got an iPhone.

With the roller and the quality of your lawn it should stripe great at 4". I see you know what I mean when I tell people that most lawns here are very low quality. Basically they build a house in a field and the field become the lawn, weeds and all. I get letters from Scotts all the time wanting me to be a distributer and I'm thinking not one seems to care in this area.:)

puppypaws
07-21-2009, 11:10 PM
My pet peeve is that when you order the suspension seat with the Lazer it comes in a seperate box and you get no credit for the standard seat that is on the Lazer. I ordered the suspension seat and it came without the needed spacers to allow the seat to slide back and forth. I waited another week to get those. But the suspension seat does make a big difference.

There is something wrong with this scenario, when you order an option from the factory it should come installed and they keep the original seat. The difference in cost of the Michigan seat they purchase and Exmarks original seat should be subtracted. They can put the original seat on another new mower, they should not require you or the dealer to be burdened with a seat you did not want. You ordered a special option they offer, they are only taking advantage of their customers, this is wrong.

tacoma200
07-21-2009, 11:17 PM
There is something wrong with this scenario, when you order an option from the factory it should come installed and they keep the original seat. The difference in cost of the Michigan seat they purchase and Exmarks original seat should be subtracted. They can put the original seat on another new mower, they should not require you or the dealer to be burdened with a seat you did not want. You ordered a special option they offer, they are only taking advantage of their customers, this is wrong.

At the very least all my dealers have offered to at least buy my old seat, even long after the purchase. They sell very well on Ebay also.

puppypaws
07-22-2009, 12:00 AM
At the very least all my dealers have offered to at least buy my old seat, even long after the purchase. They sell very well on Ebay also.

That is strange business, it would be different if they had no use for the seat.
They list it as an option they offer, to me that means they should install with no worries to the customer or dealer; for the amount of money people are spending for their mowers.

When you order options on a vehicle, dealers don't install them. My nephew just bought a new $185,000.00 tractor with options they offered, it certainly came with the options installed and there was no swapping out parts.

I personally think that is very poor business on Exmarks part, and they are not treating their customers properly. This could have something to do with their sales being off 46% this year (according to a reputable source), little things like this are noticed more than manufactures realize.

tacoma200
07-22-2009, 12:45 AM
That is strange business, it would be different if they had no use for the seat.
They list it as an option they offer, to me that means they should install with no worries to the customer or dealer; for the amount of money people are spending for their mowers.

When you order options on a vehicle, dealers don't install them. My nephew just bought a new $185,000.00 tractor with options they offered, it certainly came with the options installed and there was no swapping out parts.

I personally think that is very poor business on Exmarks part, and they are not treating their customers properly. This could have something to do with their sales being off 46% this year (according to a reputable source), little things like this are noticed more than manufactures realize.

No Exmark units I've seen this year in the show room had the full suspension seat. Not good business I agree.

h0mr12
07-22-2009, 03:19 AM
sales being off 46% this year (according to a reputable source),

Link of this reputable source? I would be curious to who is doing what during these times.

puppypaws
07-22-2009, 09:12 AM
sales being off 46% this year (according to a reputable source),

Link of this reputable source? I would be curious to who is doing what during these times.

Bobcat and Badboy are up considerably in sales, the rest of the big names are down.

lazer 46
07-22-2009, 09:26 AM
With the economy in shambles I wouldn't expect any of these companies to be doing well. Exmark raised prices and came out with a brand new model. Bad timeing. i have the new lazer. i think it's great.

puppypaws
07-22-2009, 10:18 AM
With the economy in shambles I wouldn't expect any of these companies to be doing well. Exmark raised prices and came out with a brand new model. Bad timeing. i have the new lazer. i think it's great.

There are things going on in this economy that is truly mind boggling. I posted a very long time ago; there would be more crime and suicides related to the economy than probably had been seen in our lifetime.

Yesterday an outstanding citizen in our community, which was Vice President in charge of one of the major banks in our area, was found to be missing. When they located this 50 yr old family man, he was hanging inside a barn on the family farm, he had committed suicide. I was told there was a bank merger and he was fired, but we all know how gossip travels. The only thing I can be sure of is he did commit suicide by hanging himself.

This is actually taking place more than we are aware of, but it is very noticeable in a small close knit community where most people know each other. I really feel for his wife and children.

tarp5350
07-22-2009, 11:02 AM
Tacoma send some of that rain here in oklahoma because we are in a drought big time here in central oklahoma. I mowed yesterday and the last time i mowed was on june 30. most of my Bermuda grass has already gone dormant and we are feeding hay to our cattle already. Our corn crop didn't pollinate because we had 100 degree days in june and this month of july. So be glad you have that rain.

FastMan
07-22-2009, 11:05 AM
Bobcat and Badboy are up considerably in sales, the rest of the big names are down.

Badboy I'm not surprised about, being a young up and coming company, but Bobcat surprised me. Any idea what parts of the country are accounting for the sales boost?

I asked my dealer to get a Bobcat in for me to demo. He kind of scowled at the request, and said he's not impressed with the quality of them. Said he doesn't sell many. I didn't press him for details. I've yet to see one in the field here. I'm going to demo one, but I'm concerned that the resale value in this neck of the woods would be bad.

Puppy, I agree totally about the economy and its affect on people. I've seen a couple times now on national news about executive types pulling the plug because of what was happening at work. Imagine the number of little guys going the same route who's lives the media don't deem worthy of coverage. Imagine the substance abuse for coping purposes that's going to be happening, and the affect on lives. And of course the stresses on family and marriage that economic hardship always seems to impose. It ain't pretty out there. It's times like these that the principles of perspective, and counting blessings, become so important.

puppypaws
07-22-2009, 12:17 PM
Tacoma send some of that rain here in oklahoma because we are in a drought big time here in central oklahoma. I mowed yesterday and the last time i mowed was on june 30. most of my Bermuda grass has already gone dormant and we are feeding hay to our cattle already. Our corn crop didn't pollinate because we had 100 degree days in june and this month of july. So be glad you have that rain.

My corn had excellent potential for a bumper crop (9' tall and tasseling), six weeks ago and this is what it looks like all over the county today.

I thank the good Lord I have excellent insurance, because just guessing it appears to be about 30 to 50 bushels per acre versus 150 to 175 bushels per acre. What is yours like?

tacoma200
07-22-2009, 01:39 PM
I would gladly share some of the plentyful rain if I could. We are blessed this year. I'm sitting watching a steady rain out the window as we speak.
Posted via Mobile Device

puppypaws
07-22-2009, 02:09 PM
I would gladly share some of the plentyful rain if I could. We are blessed this year. I'm sitting watching a steady rain out the window as we speak.
Posted via Mobile Device

That is amazing how much variation there is in moisture throughout the country. It says in the Bible, it rains on the just and unjust, for some reason he did not want my corn crop to produce this year, and I am certainly not in a position to argue with him.

If people were only intelligent enough to see we have absolutely no control over anything, but only like to think we do. I have told many people, if God does not want you to get your next breath, you will be dead before you hit the ground, there is no stopping or changing destiny. No one knows what the future holds. Therefore, there is no way to start action on changing something you aren't knowledgeable on.

tarp5350
07-22-2009, 06:10 PM
I had the pioneer seed rep to look at ours and he said it woundn't be worth combing because there just isn't't any corn on the cob. this is the first time where it just didn't make any at all. What got our crop is we didn't get but a half inch of rain in june and it got over 100 degrees in june and july and still no rain. Our neighbor went and bought a used john deere forage cutter to cut his corn for silage and he is going to cut ours too. We have to have something to feed our cattle since we don't have any hay. this makes me to want to retire from farming or maybe we can get a bailout from obama.

puppypaws
07-22-2009, 07:52 PM
I had the pioneer seed rep to look at ours and he said it woundn't be worth combing because there just isn't't any corn on the cob. this is the first time where it just didn't make any at all. What got our crop is we didn't get but a half inch of rain in june and it got over 100 degrees in june and july and still no rain. Our neighbor went and bought a used john deere forage cutter to cut his corn for silage and he is going to cut ours too. We have to have something to feed our cattle since we don't have any hay. this makes me to want to retire from farming or maybe we can get a bailout from obama.

You don't carry insurance? I have mine insured to pay me a little over $400.00 an acre if is does not make one grain of corn. It pays me for 96 bu per acre at $4.27 per bushel. If I only cut 50 bu per acre it pays me for 46 more bushels. The thing that blew my mind this year was my insurance premium was only 57% of what I paid last year. I have never had anything go down, it was a big shock.

I don't know how much nitrogen is applied to corn in your area, but you may want to check it before you feed the corn to cattle. Sometimes you can give them nitrate poisoning when all the nitrogen is pulled into the stalk and not metabolized because it stops maturing from lack of water. I've never killed any cattle, but have heard of nitrate poisoning taking place with this scenario.

nosparkplugs
07-22-2009, 08:05 PM
I don't kna Tacoma200 :laugh: it seems to me we have seen to much rain this season, add these record low temps. it has been too wet or too dry here :dizzy:

Such a balance between the rain & temps here

Posted via Mobile Device

LexingtonKYcutter
07-22-2009, 08:10 PM
Not in Central KY. We have had two bad years of drought and this year with an aching economy. I will take all this rain we are getting with a smile. I cant remember the last time the bluegrass was looking this lush in almost August.

Hope it has been as good a year for you down south as it has been for me Tacoma!

tacoma200
07-22-2009, 08:20 PM
Not in Central KY. We have had two bad years of drought and this year with an aching economy. I will take all this rain we are getting with a smile. I cant remember the last time the bluegrass was looking this lush in almost August.

Hope it has been as good a year for you down south as it has been for me Tacoma!

I have some people tell me too bad for you, you can't work today in this rain to which I reply, "that is money falling from the sky". It's just like Spring here. Very lush. Glad to hear it is good in the blue grass area, it's hard to believe just a little ways North in Ohio they have a drought? And I believe even Southern TN, and Northern Alabama which is only about 100 miles as the crow flies is very dry. Of course the Mountains catch the water before it gets to Puppypaws in N.C.

tacoma200
07-22-2009, 08:23 PM
I don't kna Tacoma200 :laugh: it seems to me we have seen to much rain this season, add these record low temps. it has been too wet or too dry here :dizzy:

Such a balance between the rain & temps here

One member in South central Tn.(not Memphis) said it was very dry there last month. I guess it's been hit and miss. It has been overly wet and cool here but the grass seems to love it.

FastMan
07-22-2009, 09:46 PM
I have some people tell me too bad for you, you can't work today in this rain to which I reply, "that is money falling from the sky". It's just like Spring here. Very lush.

And a velocity deck to make easy work of it. :weightlifter:

Z-Man
07-23-2009, 10:26 AM
That is amazing how much variation there is in moisture throughout the country. It says in the Bible, it rains on the just and unjust, for some reason he did not want my corn crop to produce this year, and I am certainly not in a position to argue with him.

If people were only intelligent enough to see we have absolutely no control over anything, but only like to think we do. I have told many people, if God does not want you to get your next breath, you will be dead before you hit the ground, there is no stopping or changing destiny. No one knows what the future holds. Therefore, there is no way to start action on changing something you aren't knowledgeable on.

Remember Puppypaws, Romans 8:28: And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.
Blessings.