PDA

View Full Version : my next lazer 34hp

fergman
06-15-2009, 09:31 PM
i have a 04 and 06 ultracut. my new next lazer 34hp ultracut series 6 is different inside. i know of atleast 1 thing thats different already without even taking a tape measure but i will do it if i ever get time.
if i put my hand inside the deck opening the kicker is shaped alittle different and its alittle shorter.
the deck discharges thick wet clover better at any speed. it also builds up grass in completely different spots than the other 2 i have even though its still got all the paint underneath.
everyone seems to think that when the deck still has paint under it then the grass doesnt build-up as much or maybe takes longer.
so if grass doesnt build-up on my old decks where theres no paint then why would it be happening where there is paint on the ultra6???
it also discharges more level and a wider fan of grass shooting out. kinda reminds me of watching a scag throw out grass.
1 thing is for sure. it will mow steeper than lazer z and the xs model i have even though i have at101 chevrons on the lazer z and the john deere 4x4 tires on the xs.
i can turn faster on flat ground go down very steep hills and turn around trees easier than i could with the turf tiger and tear up less grass with the next lazer.
it really is as if the next lazer handles like a sports car and the older lazers handle like an outdated hunk of junk.
on my xs lazer i have it set up to where the tires are trying to creep forward when in neutral. there supposed to be set up the exact opposite. its supposed to run 12mph but the next lazer still is faster. id say it pulls away from it at the speed of a decent walking speed. maybe 1-2mph

fergman
06-15-2009, 09:32 PM
only problem i can see with it so far is even with driving on a smooth road the deck and foot assist pedal moves up and down maybe an 1/8th of an inch???? and when mowing over really bumpy ground it seems to bounce the deck up and down alittle bit more. part of that might be that the front tires arent air filled. i put air tires in the front of my xs and there definately is a difference in the ride. think ill try that next and see if that helps the deck bounce.
older lazers said to fill the back tires to 10psi. next lazer has the same tires and the mower sits lower so i would think there would maybe be a slight reduction in leverage on hills to roll the tires off the rims so i just put 11psi. it rides smoother that way.
i really think that the next lazer and the scag turf tiger holds hills pretty much equally.
if you sit them side by side the seat is lower. the gas tank is lower, and the roll bars when folded down is lower. going under trees with lots of branches on the other 2 lazers could take 3or4 minutes. with the next lazer it takes a few seconds and its done

fergman
06-15-2009, 09:33 PM
i think the deck is offset towadr the trim side slightly more than the older lazers. i also noticed that it doesnt scalp on a certain yard without a roller. i ran the same tire tracks as always and cut at the same height i did with the other 2 lazers and they do have a striping roller and they do scalp unless i use my foot to raise the deck up some. the angle that i tested it on was extremely shallow ditches on flat ground running over them diagonally. the dampeners are adjustable not done it yet but ill try it soon. i think when measuring from outside of tires together the scag might have an inch or two more width but not sure.

AllAmericanlawn
06-15-2009, 09:35 PM
good review. tell us more later as you get more hours on it.

fergman
06-15-2009, 09:35 PM
the sticks are stiffer and very similar to a scag. maybe adjusting the dampeners will make the easier to push and pull. right now the dampeners are set at medium. ill move it to the soft setting and see if it helps. the mower tracks straighter than the other two lazers by itself. the deck has alittle bit different sound as if the blade speed is alittle higher or the baffling is changed a speck.

SfTD_service_CENTER
06-15-2009, 09:45 PM
i totally agree with everything you said! i also have a 34hp 60"

the deck raising problem might be becuase of the torsion spring being realy tight, maybe i dont understand completely what you mean byu it moving up and down but if the spring was really hard it will do somthing like that as well. i think it is great for going under branches i never put my rops up i always leave it folded back becuae of that and it is really low makes things go fast. i am happy with the mower it isnt as great as some others for mowing really deep grass but that isnt what it was designed for, it still will mow alot of grass anyway but after hearing everyone say they can go 13mph on a bobcat in 3 foottall grass and get a clean cut i know that i cannot do that i have tried not a very clean cut and mine only goes 12mph on a radar gun with the blades engaged while mowing so they got me beat there as well. glas to hear you say what i feel about this mower it lets me know i am not alone! there are a few others that will also agree with you hopefully they will chime in and wish you the good luck with your mower that i will! so good luck and i hope to hear more good stuff from you in the future! and if there is some more info you got spill the beans already lol!

i just bought the powerchute design lawn striper i havent gotten it yet but i cant wait to try it out. i also need a ocdc but i am still contemplating which i want.

GravelyGuy
06-15-2009, 11:48 PM
I think it's awesome that you can be going down a steep hill and still be able to easily turn and go around a tree without tearing the grass at all. I am able to go straight down hills with this mower that I used to back down.

I have noticed much less turf damage on the soggy irrigated lawns.

fergman
06-16-2009, 07:36 AM
I think it's awesome that you can be going down a steep hill and still be able to easily turn and go around a tree without tearing the grass at all. I am able to go straight down hills with this mower that I used to back down.

I have noticed much less turf damage on the soggy irrigated lawns.

yeah i thought i was half crazy about the less turf damage,but the difference is alot more than just slightly noticeable for sure.
i think its cuz the balance. i think it will almost handle hills as good as a turf tiger. just feels like the tiger is wider and has a tiny bit less tip over feeling to it.
just wish it would blow out grass like the scag.... lotta rain here.

exmark 1
06-16-2009, 08:47 AM
becareful on buying a new exmark my dealer had just told me that 2 new lazers blow up the motors on them already i was going to buy on until he told me about that problem so he sold me a 2008 left over with a 28 hp kaw on it

tacoma200
06-16-2009, 09:46 AM
becareful on buying a new exmark my dealer had just told me that 2 new lazers blow up the motors on them already i was going to buy on until he told me about that problem so he sold me a 2008 left over with a 28 hp kaw on it

Which engines blew up (brand and hp)? I have heard of two Kawasaki vertical engines going bad this week.

exmark 1
06-16-2009, 10:46 AM
the 29 hp kaw

SfTD_service_CENTER
06-16-2009, 03:12 PM
good ill get a new motor sooner than expected!

tacoma200
06-16-2009, 07:10 PM
the 29 hp kaw

Thats 4 vertical Kawasaki's that I've heard of failing this week. It's a new design and I'm just keeping an eye out in case this is a trend. Kawasaki usually has their act together, so I'm hoping these are just isolated incidents.

SfTD_service_CENTER you surely don't want to have to go Thur the hassle of getting an engine replaced.

SfTD_service_CENTER
06-16-2009, 08:00 PM
:Thats 4 vertical Kawasaki's that I've heard of failing this week. It's a new design and I'm just keeping an eye out in case this is a trend. Kawasaki usually has their act together, so I'm hoping these are just isolated incidents.

SfTD_service_CENTER you surely don't want to have to go Thur the hassle of getting an engine replaced.

ill buy a 40hp kohler and put it on while they try to mess with mine lol:usflag:

traman
06-16-2009, 09:20 PM
for those who have the new z is the engine still in the same place as the old one,meaning lower in the frame and are the cylinder facing the back of the mower ,or is 1/4 turned one cylinder in back and one behind the seat?

SfTD_service_CENTER
06-16-2009, 10:58 PM
it is turned! looks funny.

personally think this site is so huge that you will hear about any little issue people have and there is bound to be bad motors in a new design but i dont think there is going to be a big problem. i changed my oil an it looks great mine blew smoke a few times though but it was after a bumpy ride on the trailer down one of my uncles rough dirt roads. it has done it other times as well like after i changed my blades etc. it hasnt done it in a while. i use full synthetic in it mobil 1 i think or one brand i had laying arround lol.

i hope it does blow up soon if it is going to. i want a 50hp kohler lol i already get bad fuel mileage so ill be able to stripe the tallest grass there is!

tacoma200
06-16-2009, 11:09 PM
No I don't think there have been enough failues reported for concern. My friend is still working with his Kawasaki 37. It's still smoking and going through a lot of oil though.
Posted via Mobile Device

SfTD_service_CENTER
06-16-2009, 11:12 PM
No I don't think there have been enough failues reported for concern. My friend is still working with his Kawasaki 37. It's still smoking and going through a lot of oil though.
Posted via Mobile Device

wow! i cant believe their are actual duds though! i heard once from a guy that said he talked to a engineer a kawi and said expect big problems from the new big blocks and that they shouldnt last more than a 100 hrs! maybe he was telling the truth!

tacoma200
06-16-2009, 11:34 PM
Where are the big Kawasaki's being manufactered at (us-Japan)?
Posted via Mobile Device

SfTD_service_CENTER
06-16-2009, 11:43 PM
probly here! if it was made in jpan they would run like a clock! here we got good old american workers who are in the union getting 88 an hour and they make sure that motor wont run right to bring in more revenues.

in my earlier post i meant 1000hrs! not 100 just to clear that up.

fergman
06-18-2009, 11:29 PM
i dont think mine will last 1000hrs.... didnt even last 50 to begin with:laugh:
its under warranty so oh well. ill run it to death till the time runs out thats for sure. i think when the goofy wee wee bag put it all back together he re-installed the governor wrong.
now no matter what you cant move it at all by hand with engine running,not running,half,throttle or full or idle.
im sick of these idiots that dont know how many spark plugs a diesel has but yet would argue with god on wether or not hes doing stuff right.
im afraid to do anything to it myself for voiding the warranty.

SfTD_service_CENTER
06-19-2009, 12:42 AM
wow! i would do somthing about it if it doesnt run right. maybe exmark doesnt care and they are going out of business lol ! i dont know i know that if mine breaks i am pulling the motor and setting it at my dealers garage door and letting him know to replace it with new or just keep it ! ill go buy a kohler that i know wont break, then ill sell the mower after it is proven to run good and then never buy a exmark ever again!

TMlawncare
06-19-2009, 12:54 AM

Two engines going bad. Come on, he just wanted to move the left overs out the door. Oldest sales trick in the book. They will be getting the 2010 models this fall, what dealer wants an outdated 08' sitting around.

tacoma200
06-19-2009, 12:59 AM
i dont think mine will last 1000hrs.... didnt even last 50 to begin with:laugh:
its under warranty so oh well. ill run it to death till the time runs out thats for sure. i think when the goofy wee wee bag put it all back together he re-installed the governor wrong.
now no matter what you cant move it at all by hand with engine running,not running,half,throttle or full or idle.
im sick of these idiots that dont know how many spark plugs a diesel has but yet would argue with god on wether or not hes doing stuff right.
im afraid to do anything to it myself for voiding the warranty.

I'm not totally understanding the problem you are having now. They fixed the cam and valves, right. Is something else not working correctly? I probably missed something.