PDA

View Full Version : Absolute best form of advertising

stevenf
06-16-2009, 12:40 AM
What is your hands down best form of advertising besides word of mouth? I know we all try so many different things.

SfTD_service_CENTER
06-16-2009, 12:46 AM
am radio! old people including me listen to it all day when they have a chance. particularly channels that have political crap on all day, shaun hannady, rush limbaugh, micheal savage, etc. thts where the residential and comercial customers will find you and they can hear your add while they do somthing else so it isnt like they have to look for it, it will run into them first.

mdvaden
06-16-2009, 12:50 AM
What is your hands down best form of advertising besides word of mouth? I know we all try so many different things.

Right now - the website.

Supplying a huge percentage of my business, and some extra for others to whom I refer stuff.

Flyers is definitely second. In fact, the only reason I'm not putting out very many flyers, is simple because the website is doing so well.

But I put a few flyers around the homes I work at.

kaferhaus
06-16-2009, 12:59 AM
1. yellow pages

2. community involvement (chamber of commerce member AND I attend the meetings and more importantly the social functions)

3. Member and active participant in the county contractors assn. (also attend meetings and social functions)

Lbilawncare
06-16-2009, 01:19 AM
Nice looking lettered trucks and enclosed trailers. Although the Rolling billboards are a great advertising tool, referrals have been our best asset. I have never advertised in the newspaper, radio, phone book(just our name) or tv.

rnd
06-16-2009, 01:05 PM
Go to RNDSIGNS.COM (http://rndsigns.com)to see hundreds of advertising ideas from lawn and landscape companys from all over the U.S. Request a FREE marketing handbook.

OSguy
06-16-2009, 03:28 PM
Word of mouth is king for me. I'm not in the phone book or newspaper. Just shaking hands and kissing babys

mdvaden
06-16-2009, 07:39 PM
Word of mouth is king for me. I'm not in the phone book or newspaper. Just shaking hands and kissing babys

Since the question mentioned "besides" word of mouth, does that mean that word of mouth is the only advertising you have right now? If so - pretty convenient.

causalitist
06-17-2009, 05:09 PM
website, google ads.

flyers were good in the right hood, but too time consuming.

website is convenient, i only pay when someone who is actively looking for a lawn care company, sees my ad, is interested enough to click on it .. i mean, right there, thats very efficient. then i only know about it once they "request their free estimate" .. and i get a email with their name, adress, phone.

now THAT is a sales lead worth my time. as opposed to 97%-99% of time wasted for flyers because they are thrown out.

flyers ARE good though

tradeyouraccounts
06-17-2009, 11:29 PM
In order of Return On Investment.
1. Website
2. Referrals with incentives
3. Truck signage and uniforms

newtostone
06-17-2009, 11:35 PM
Nice looking lettered trucks and enclosed trailers. Although the Rolling billboards are a great advertising tool, referrals have been our best asset. I have never advertised in the newspaper, radio, phone book(just our name) or tv.

I have spent loads of money and this works the best hands down. Having a beautiful lawn (you can make any lawn beautiful) with well lettered truck in front of it says a lot about your company. Also uniforms say a lot, sell an image and your gold. Pretty much everything else is just money spent .

Ryall Landscaping
06-18-2009, 12:26 AM
In order of Return On Investment.
1. Website
2. Referrals with incentives
3. Truck signage and uniforms

I thought about using referral incentives, but I don't know where to start? How do you do it?

Also, how do those of you who do discount incentives (coupons) - what sort of things do you do?

Thanks.

BJWLAWNCARE
06-21-2009, 09:43 PM
I joined a racketball club to stay in shape in the offseason. I never played before i Just used the weights and machines. Met a lot of professional types there who needed work done. Dozens and dozens of contacts from there. Maybe at church, golf coarse, gym. Not conventional but extremly effective. Good Luck!

UpNorth
06-22-2009, 12:40 AM
I thought about using referral incentives, but I don't know where to start? How do you do it?

Also, how do those of you who do discount incentives (coupons) - what sort of things do you do?

Thanks.

I had Bob at Plan-it Graphics make me cards that I leave behind twice a year for my customers to refer me NEW customers. My bank offers Visa gift cards with no surcharge. I offer my customers a $25 Visa gift card, or a $30 credit on their account when their referral signs up. I would rather give the credit, and most choose that option.

They work really well. I wouldn't say I could grow my business with this method solely, but i get 10-20 customers per year this way.

The link here has sorta what I use. But obviously more suited to my company... http://www.plan-itgraphics.com/ripcards_new.html (not the door hanger, the one on the bottom)

causalitist
06-22-2009, 01:02 AM
how has this year compared to last year for you guys?

as far as advertising response? thats what i want to know, not advertising ideas.

Ryall Landscaping
06-22-2009, 01:18 AM
I had Bob at Plan-it Graphics make me cards that I leave behind twice a year for my customers to refer me NEW customers. My bank offers Visa gift cards with no surcharge. I offer my customers a $25 Visa gift card, or a $30 credit on their account when their referral signs up. I would rather give the credit, and most choose that option.

They work really well. I wouldn't say I could grow my business with this method solely, but i get 10-20 customers per year this way.

The link here has sorta what I use. But obviously more suited to my company... http://www.plan-itgraphics.com/ripcards_new.html (not the door hanger, the one on the bottom)

I like that idea. I'm going to go with a cheaper version along those lines (not trying to steal your idea). I'll have to look into the visas as well.. I'm sure those would be helpful incase someone doesn't want a discount on their services...Although, that'd be much better if you ask me.

Do you do contracts? If not, do you wait until the new referred customer has been a customer for , say, 30 days maybe? To ensure that they are def. a customer?

UpNorth
06-22-2009, 05:49 PM
I like that idea. I'm going to go with a cheaper version along those lines (not trying to steal your idea). I'll have to look into the visas as well.. I'm sure those would be helpful incase someone doesn't want a discount on their services...Although, that'd be much better if you ask me.

Do you do contracts? If not, do you wait until the new referred customer has been a customer for , say, 30 days maybe? To ensure that they are def. a customer?

You are more than welcome to steal my idea. Isn't this what this site is about...helping each other out. If it were a secret I wouldn't have posted it.

I send the customer the gift card/credit as soon as I do the "referral's" first application. Since I do primarily just fertilization and weed control, a bunch of my customers have already pre-paid their services for the year when their referral signs up. This is why I do the gift card, cause some don't want to apply the credit to the following season (some do). Until my bank offered the Visa cards I offered $20 Home Dept gift cards.