PDA

View Full Version : Exmark advise please

lewdog998
06-16-2009, 01:14 AM
ok, heres the deal.....new to this ZTR mower stuff and been doing alot of research on both new and used......
I have found a couple exmarks 2008 models LZ27KC605
27hp Kohler air cooled with 60 inch triton decks
low hours around 150.

I think these are good mowers but I wanted to know if there are any potential problems with this particular model or deck......I had heard some stuff about cut quality on the triton decks, but maybe that was an earlier model????
The kohler seems fine as my 72 inch yazoo is so equiped and has been bullet proof.

FWIW....It will be for residential use.....about 8 acres heavily treed.

thanks for the input.

lewdog998
06-16-2009, 07:37 AM
Also.....what is a reasonable price for this mower.....i think they retailed around 9K new.

exmark 1
06-16-2009, 08:43 AM
I have heard nothing good about triton decks i have 3 ultra cut decks and i love them nothng is better then exmak come in

bohiaa
06-16-2009, 08:59 AM
some love the triton decks some dont. I have never used one, I only have the ultra cut decks,

TXNSLighting
06-16-2009, 09:40 AM
ok, heres the deal.....new to this ZTR mower stuff and been doing alot of research on both new and used......
I have found a couple exmarks 2008 models LZ27KC605
27hp Kohler air cooled with 60 inch triton decks
low hours around 150.

I think these are good mowers but I wanted to know if there are any potential problems with this particular model or deck......I had heard some stuff about cut quality on the triton decks, but maybe that was an earlier model????
The kohler seems fine as my 72 inch yazoo is so equiped and has been bullet proof.

FWIW....It will be for residential use.....about 8 acres heavily treed.

thanks for the input.

The exmark is a great mower with one of the best cuts available. We have that exact mower and it impresses me daily. You wont regret that purchase.
Posted via Mobile Device

delphied
06-16-2009, 10:17 AM
I have a Triton deck and it cuts great. I use hi lift blades and the only time it clumps is if the grass is soaking wet. Damp grass is not a problem. I also have an Exmark Trivantage deck and wouldnt want another. I have never used an Ultracut but heard its the best. BTW, I seldom have to clean the deck of the Triton. It is almost self cleaning. The Trivantage holds grass and needs cleaning more. I also have a Kohler on one and a Kawasaki on the other. Both are good engines and I wouldnt pay more for one over the other.Personally, I like to buy new and if you could find a new Advantage series 2008 with a 60 deck at a discount, you would have the bread and butter commercial mower. I wouldnt hesitate on a Triton deck or a Kohler. The triton may be more expensive than the Ultracut.

Richard Martin
06-16-2009, 11:06 AM
The Triton deck is so good that Exmark has replaced it with a modified Ultracut deck on their newest lineup of mowers, the Next Lazer series. You can now only get the Triton on Lazer Z XS mowers and that may be replaced at some point.

CowboysLawnCare
06-16-2009, 01:16 PM
Yea, I bought a 2009 Lazer Z 48" with the Ultracut. Cut is awesome, I have heard that the Triton deck is not too bad, but def. not as good as Ultrcut.

Allens LawnCare
06-16-2009, 03:46 PM
They made alot of changes to the triton deck, they changed the spindles, changed the pulley size to add a higher blade tip speed and the baffle needed to be modified, I have a trivantage deck and have no issues with it, if you can get the Ultracut deck do it, it can handle heavier grass and wet grass alot better....shop around, I got a new 08 leftover, 52inch Lazer HP for $6000