PDA

View Full Version : can i pull with bobcat predator pro and not hurt machine?

jk mow & more
06-16-2009, 02:42 AM
i want to put tow hitch and pull the agri fab trailer and vac system for fall clean ups and maybe even a utility cart how much is too much for the pumps and hydro motors to handle

SfTD_service_CENTER
06-16-2009, 02:56 AM
about 7500lbs will be too much for your mower lol you can tow anything with that monster! even a good sized boat

greenred
06-16-2009, 03:29 AM
My Scag manual advises not to tow anything over 250lbs, but Im sure it could tow much more then that and that limit is for liability reasons. but I could be wrong.

SfTD_service_CENTER
06-16-2009, 03:11 PM
you can take a lwn tractor and tow a boat with it my neighbor owns a boat dealership and does that when he is putting them in close together for storage. a 1300 lb mower will tow alot i just wouldnt do it on a hill or slope could get into trouble, a ztr is the best tow behicle for manuverability you can back things in to places like nothing else! i love towing a roller behind mine it is like it isnt thier

kaferhaus
06-16-2009, 03:41 PM
We have hitches on all of ours ($10 each... gotta love Bobcat). and use them regularly.

tacoma200
06-16-2009, 06:13 PM
I always like to take it easy on my hydraulics but lot's of people do it. I was wondering if there was something special about Grasshoppers set up. I mean some of the attachments have got to be hard on the hydraulics but grasshopper makes a lot of attachments for the out front models including snow blowers and blades?

A pump or motor is pretty expensive if it does fail due to towing. I know Hustler looses wheel motors (white) when they are asked to do heavy work like bagging, etc. Heat from long term use would be the only problem I see using a ZTR.

cphillips0053
06-17-2009, 11:20 AM
We have hitches on all of ours ($10 each... gotta love Bobcat). and use them regularly.

Where did you get the hitches?

topsites
06-17-2009, 11:29 AM
They're really not designed for it even thou they do have a hitch, but then
as was said, I've pulled my car out of a ditch with a belt-drive Wb before LOL
So they all pull, we know as much.
I would think...

Just to be on the safe side, I would stick to attachments made for it,
and talk to your dealer, I think it wouldn't go but so wrong that way.

mowerbrad
06-17-2009, 11:39 AM
You should be alright pulling an agri fab trailer for clean-ups but if you started to pull more weight than that (ie, boats, cars, actual trailers, etc) then I would be concerned about damaging the pumps.

bighaydenslawn
06-17-2009, 12:16 PM
Oh heck, this is how I get around being 14.

Got my Deere Z with hitch kit - it can hold 100 lbs. on the hitch and can tow 250 lbs.

I have an agra-fab 3' x 5' x 1' trailer (custom letters and signs, etc.) that I put all of my equipment in - 21", trimmer, blower, gas cans, supplies, etc.

Right now it is set up for hedge trimming (been getting lots of calls) with hedge clippers, rakes, trash cans, ladder, etc.

This trailer also comes in extremely handy when doing mulch in the spring and hauling any type of debris from a storm cleanup.

Hawg City Lawns
06-17-2009, 03:03 PM
never tried it myself but i have always wondered how well it would work with a ztr