PDA

View Full Version : 75 Watt Electronic Transformer

jshimmin
06-16-2009, 06:23 PM
Anyone have any experience with lightechinc.com's LET75 transformers? I'm working on a system that uses them in all the fixtures. They hook up to recessed PAR 38's or MR-16's in concrete.
Looking for a reliability factor on the transformers.

Thanks...

Pro-Scapes
06-16-2009, 06:55 PM
Anyone have any experience with lightechinc.com's LET75 transformers? I'm working on a system that uses them in all the fixtures. They hook up to recessed PAR 38's or MR-16's in concrete.
Looking for a reliability factor on the transformers.

Thanks...

Have had dozens mounted in a couple of attics for comming up on 2 years with no issues at all. Be sure if you use any sort of controller they are rated for use with electronic transformers. I just replaced 2 under cabinet transformers at my own house with the let75 because the factory ones failed.

Oh also rememeber you either need a true RMS meter or an analog type meter with electronic transformers.

JoeyD
06-16-2009, 07:02 PM
on top of what billy said you need make sure these will not get exposed to any elements or you can guarantee they will fail!!! We sell them and have had great success with them!

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting
06-16-2009, 07:42 PM
LighTech electronic transformers are the best. Period.

Lite4
06-16-2009, 08:48 PM
Great info guys, Thanks.

jshimmin
06-16-2009, 11:34 PM
I'm glad they are reliable. I've picked up a maintenance deal with a large amount of them installed. I will have to figure a way to keep them a little drier as condensation seems to be prevalent.

Jim

Pro-Scapes
06-17-2009, 04:09 AM
Jim whats the name of your company ?

I do have 2 LET75 outside but I mounted them in J boxes with the weatherproof covers. They are occasional use lights for an outdoor kitchen task light set up but so far have had zero issues. Keep in mind they do get pretty warm but so far I have not seen anything above what I would consider uncomfortable to the touch.

Mike M
06-17-2009, 08:45 AM
Billy, if you could describe what you've designed and installed around the house interior, including equipment/materials recommendations, that would be awesome. I just want to start with the basic info and go from there. I could always hook up with an EC if I need, too.