PDA

View Full Version : Add a USED honda trimmer?

Green Machine Mowing
06-16-2009, 06:48 PM
My neighbor has one that he said he would sell me, i belive it is a HHT31SUNBA, whatever it is i know it is a 31cc with bike handles. I think it would make a nice brush cutter and back up trimmer, how does the power compare to my echo SRM-265? Its a little rough looking, but probably hasent been used much, i could likley get it for $80 at the most, what do you think??

kaferhaus
06-16-2009, 07:39 PM
We have some of the 35CC trimmer/brush cutters (all set up as brush cutters). they're beasts but you need the harness..... heavy.

I don't care for them as string trimmers though. too heavy and too slow to rev. but once they're in the powerband.... look out, tons of torque.

Green Machine Mowing
06-16-2009, 08:47 PM
We have some of the 35CC trimmer/brush cutters (all set up as brush cutters). they're beasts but you need the harness..... heavy.

I don't care for them as string trimmers though. too heavy and too slow to rev. but once they're in the powerband.... look out, tons of torque.

so you think this would be a much better brush cutter then a 25cc 2 stroker??

kaferhaus
06-16-2009, 10:08 PM
so you think this would be a much better brush cutter then a 25cc 2 stroker??

yep, there's no replacement for displacement.

I see you're from Durango.... that has to be one of the most beautiful places on the planet. I've been there several times elk hunting.... jealous of you being able to live there.

Green Machine Mowing
06-16-2009, 11:27 PM
yep, there's no replacement for displacement.

I see you're from Durango.... that has to be one of the most beautiful places on the planet. I've been there several times elk hunting.... jealous of you being able to live there.

Are you firmilair with missionary ridge? Should be headed up there this weekend to do so me camping out of my quad with a freind on one of his friends propertys, nice clearing at the top, beautuful views of the valley and beyond into the leplatas. If you are headed this way anytime soon, be sure to let me know!

Btw, i think im going to go for the honda, new oil, spark plug and a blade kit if he dosent have the one it came with and i should be in good shape.

kaferhaus
06-16-2009, 11:57 PM
yep missionary ridge is beautiful. That whole area is "god's country" in my opinion. And the folks in Durango are also very nice. We ALWAYS hate leaving even though it's cold as hell when we're up there most of the time.

kaferhaus
06-17-2009, 12:02 AM
There's a guy from the northwest that sells 100t carbide blades on Ebay for like 10-12 bucks each (less in quantity) that we buy from (20 at a time). Those are great blades and out last anything else we've ever used. They're so cheap that it's cheaper to buy new ones than to get them sharpened!

He ships very quickly and cheap.

Green Machine Mowing
06-17-2009, 12:17 AM
yep missionary ridge is beautiful. That whole area is "god's country" in my opinion. And the folks in Durango are also very nice. We ALWAYS hate leaving even though it's cold as hell when we're up there most of the time.

have you been up there since it burnt in 2001? We were up there last weekend and heard 2 trees fall over, its very creepy sounds like an echoing gunshot kind of, but lasts much longer they one would think. Also i have been on my way through mobile a few times en route to gulf shores for spring break when i was younger. Still remember the huge shell in the airport, i belive it was near the rental counter. Also a huge retired aircraft carrier in that area somewhere as well.

kaferhaus
06-17-2009, 12:34 AM
Huge battleship not aircraft carrier. The USS Alabama, most decorated battleship of WWII. They also have a submarine and air museum here. The "shell" in the airport weighs 2,400 lbs and is one that fits the 16" cannons on the Battleship. A Tour of that thing takes half a day and they don't even let you into all of it!

And yes we were up there 2yrs ago.

Green Machine Mowing
06-17-2009, 12:37 AM
And yes we were up there 2yrs ago.

more importantly when will you be back?

kaferhaus
06-17-2009, 12:39 AM
more importantly when will you be back?

I'm in the "lottery" for another elk tag (as is my wife) If either of us gets one we'll be up this winter.

Green Machine Mowing
06-17-2009, 12:41 AM
well good luck, hope that you can make it up, in the meantime i am going to bed