PDA

View Full Version : Toro Z Master ZTR 52" Diesel Bagger options?

ATV
06-16-2009, 09:36 PM
Hi Everyone,

I just purchased a Toro Z Master ZTR with a 52" deck and the Kubota diesel. This was an '06 model used as a dealer demo. Has 200 hours on it. Came with a full 2 year warranty and had an upgraded seat. Turbo Force Deck.

This is my first ZTR. I'm a homeowner, but would appreciate advice from you pros.

The dealer has a bagger for this machine marked down to half price ($1,500.00) It has a blower mounted on top of the bagger. Whereas, the new toro baggers have the blower mounted off the deck. Neither seem like they will hold a lot.

I'm wondering if you have comments on either of these baggers or can recommend a non-toro brand bagger? I've searched these forums and elsewhere and haven't really found anything that looks like stand-out option.

I have about 4 acres I mow. Lots of trees. I'm also thinking that a bagger with the remote option for sucking up leaves under shrubs and stuff might be a good idea. That seems to usually mean, though, a bagger with a gas engine. I don't want to go that route if it makes bagging more cumbersome. If that were the case, it might make more sense to go with the bagger and get something else for vacuuming leaves.

Any suggestions you have would be most appreciated!

SfTD_service_CENTER
06-16-2009, 09:41 PM
how much id you get the mower for? i would just buy the bagger he has or get the stock one you wont get much better tahn stock, plus you can get a clam shell from the seat dump and it is easy to get rid of material that way

ATV
06-16-2009, 10:08 PM
SFTD,

I got it for $9k.

What about the 2 different styles of stock baggers? I have to think there was a reason they changed over from the top mounted blower (over the top of the bags) to the blower mounted off the side of the deck.

SfTD_service_CENTER
06-16-2009, 10:24 PM
yeah i never saw a top mounted one, i would buy waht i liked without worrying about price if it was me. if i were you i would tell him 1000 or no deal if it works good then your all set if it doesnt then i am sure you can sell it for more than you paid and if he wont sell it for that much then it was never meant to be! the bagger systems on exmark and toro were never all that great i have heard of many problems, with the deck mounted blower style so maybe that top mounted one is a good one you never know you will just have to wait and see if somone has any info about them.

thats a good price for a diesel. i looked at buying the same model with the same deck myself, i think a 52 inch deck is one of the best sizes going as far as cut quality. i was quoted for a new one 2008 11900 or more i cant remember. i found that for what i do a diesel is too heavy, my exmark i have now is too heavy i also find that my deck works well for a 60" but i would have been better off with a 52" for my area it is so contoured and hilly that you can dig the edge of the deck easy if you dont pay attention to the way the graound lays, and my machine is excelent at not scalping. you bought a great maching i am sure it will last for 20 some odd years!

Laner
06-16-2009, 10:44 PM
I had a DFS clam shell with top mounted blower on my old Toro with a 52" SFS deck. It did a nice job. Only trouble I had was with ground clearance when loading on trailer due to the extra pulley and belt under the DFS bagger. The DFS required two two people to install/remove....awkward to handle. Worled great on my own lawn where I could dump in the compost/burn pile and never leave the seat.