PDA

View Full Version : Started a new job yesterday

AmsoilPower
06-16-2009, 10:58 PM
Well, as many of you know I had been unemployed for about the last eight months from a regular full-time job. Yesterday I started working again for a local company where I have known the owner since I was born. I am basically selling just about everything that Fastenal sells. Nuts, bolts, electrical, brass & hydraulic fittings, tools, shop supplies, you name it I can probably sell it. I have a huge amount of flexibility on how much time I spend out selling, which works out great with the repair work here in the shop and of course Amsoil. I have alot to learn, but the pay is decent and the days fly by............so we'll see how it goes.

So, if your needing something for the shop, shoot me an email and we'll see if I can help you out.

Cuttinitclose
06-16-2009, 11:09 PM
Congrats on the new job! Hope you like it.

kaferhaus
06-16-2009, 11:15 PM
congrats on the new job. and I'm sure you'll help them get their reputation (that store may be great) back on track.

There are several of them here and nothing but idiots working in any of them. I have no idea what they do for training maybe these are franchise operations, I simply don't know but I will go out of my way to buy elsewhere.

Several of my industrial accounts who consume huge quantities of fasteners have also dumped them... guys never showed up to keep the bins stocked, delivered the wrong products repeatedly, didn't keep enough stock on hand.... etc. etc. etc.

AmsoilPower
06-16-2009, 11:43 PM
congrats on the new job. and I'm sure you'll help them get their reputation (that store may be great) back on track.

There are several of them here and nothing but idiots working in any of them. I have no idea what they do for training maybe these are franchise operations, I simply don't know but I will go out of my way to buy elsewhere.

Several of my industrial accounts who consume huge quantities of fasteners have also dumped them... guys never showed up to keep the bins stocked, delivered the wrong products repeatedly, didn't keep enough stock on hand.... etc. etc. etc.

I think you misunderstood me or I wasn't clear in what I was saying. I am not working for Fastenal. I work for Prairieland Distribution. Fastenal is our largest competetior around here. I was just stating that if Fastenal sells it, then I probably can too, only probably cheaper:)

AmsoilPower
06-16-2009, 11:44 PM
congrats on the new job.

Thanks by the way:)

AmsoilPower
06-16-2009, 11:46 PM
Congrats on the new job! Hope you like it.

Thanks. So do I!!!

How do you like that oil I sent you???

kaferhaus
06-16-2009, 11:49 PM
I think you misunderstood me or I wasn't clear in what I was saying. I am not working for Fastenal. I work for Prairieland Distribution. Fastenal is our largest competetior around here. I was just stating that if Fastenal sells it, then I probably can too, only probably cheaper

yes I mis-read it. That's even better!!!

You shouldn't have much trouble kicking Fastenal's butt if they're anything like the bozo's down here.

greenred
06-16-2009, 11:56 PM
Congrats on the new job.

Cuttinitclose
06-16-2009, 11:56 PM
Thanks. So do I!!!

How do you like that oil I sent you???

Its, great, I made a mistake when I told you I wanted the 8oz bottles not the pouches. Oh well its all the same. I will probably be ordering agian in July and just a reminder for you and me both. 8oz bottles not pouches. HAHA. THANKS!