PDA

View Full Version : help biding out my first commercial account

pro_cutter
06-17-2009, 01:07 PM
hey everyone im new to the site and new to the owning your own business world. ive been doing landscaping for about 8 years. but i just recently started my own and i just got a lead on a commercial account.

there are 7 stores they want done. to start out they want mulching and weekly property maintence and weekly blowing of the parking lot. they want me to bid it out for a year at a monthly price. the only thing is 3 or 4 of the stores are like 2 hours away from me so could you help me on bidding for gas and everything else.any suggestions woud be great thanks.

spin2098
06-17-2009, 10:31 PM
As far as the mulch goes you need to find out how much you will need for each store then charge accordingly. I charge 60 a yard for bark and 70 for hardwood. Don't sell yourself short as far as the cutting goes. You may be able to cut a little deal since you are getting 7 of their stores as long as most of them are close. As far as the gas goes you can always charge what ever the IRS allocates it may be up to 45cents a mile now not sure you would have to check with them they can tell you. not sure what kind of operation you are running but advice if you get them make sure you go personally to the stores 2hrs away. if you don't then you are paying travel time to and employee for nothing. Keep that employee close to home and you go do those save on labor.

vincent1
06-17-2009, 11:24 PM
Long way to go to fix a sprinkler head you knocked off the day before