PDA

View Full Version : Used an Exmark today...

djflats
06-17-2009, 06:38 PM
I've mentioned on here before that I work for an electrical utility and during the cutting season I take care of over 30 substations. Nobody else wants to cut so I've been doing it for the last 15 years. They're nuts, work on 345 KVA circuits or cut grass...I think I'll cut grass. Anyway the Kubota B1750(I think)with a brush hog finally shot craps after 15 years. While waiting for a replacement a dealer that sells JD's and Exmark is letting us use a demo Exmark. The mower is a 66", 30 hp Kohler, and the deck says Lazer Z Triton. I don't know much about Exmark but this thing cuts like crazy. Some of the subs haven't been cut yet this year so they're 3-4 foot high...mostly weeds now. I cut today with the deck at it's highest cut then went back and cut it again, some on 3 1/2 and some on 4. The stations actually looked pretty good when I finished. I got 3 done today probably 4 tomorrow. I don't know what year the mower is but the hour meter reads only 186 hours. I couldn't believe how it held on slopes and hills.
That's it for now. I have to go cut my 5 acres now with my TANK M48. Nothing against my CC TANK but I sure wish I had that Exmark here at home.
If I get a chance I'll take some pictures of the mess I'm cutting at work.

tacoma200
06-17-2009, 06:45 PM
That model has the triton deck that gets so much bad press. If you think that model holds a hill then you would be truly impressed by the new Lazer (09)
Posted via Mobile Device

djflats
06-17-2009, 08:53 PM
That model has the triton deck that gets so much bad press. If you think that model holds a hill then you would be truly impressed by the new Lazer (09)
Posted via Mobile Device

I'm use to my TANK. It doesn't hold worth a ****. Know what I mean?