PDA

View Full Version : Next Lazer

tjlco
06-17-2009, 08:50 PM
Ok, hopefully this will be my last time posting a thread like this...lol. Been trying to decide which exmark to get, last years 60 ultracut or last years 66 triton. Then I drove the new lazer and I am hooked this thing is awesome. My question is has anyone cut with the ultracut in St. Augustine (floratam). I will be using the mulching kit and blades so really I need to know how it mulches. Does it leaves stringers?? What about a mixed lawn with floratam and bahia or bermuda? Its my undrstanding that this deck is the same with the triton spindles? Also the one I drove had 12.5 hours, should they be ordering me a new one? That was a lot of questions, sorry its been 7 years since I bought a mower ( 2 tiger cubs) and never thought I'd switch brands with no dealer support I am going EXMARK. A 60 inch with a 29 kawasaki...good combo??

QualityLawnCare4u
06-17-2009, 11:05 PM
I have owned two Exmarks, one with the 60" ultra cut and the one now has the tri advantage. The ultra cut left a beautiful cut on St. Augustine as you will ever see, and I bagged and mulched it. However, bahai was another story. It cut it but if it was real thick had to double cut it to get all the stragglers. When I did a bahai yard usually left the Exmark at home and took my deere z. Overall I have been pleased with the ultra cut and tri advantage, can't really tell any difference in the two. I have never tried the triton but have heard a lot of complaints on them. I would choose the ultra cut hands down!

tacoma200
06-17-2009, 11:08 PM
If your down to those 2 get the Ultra Cut and don't look back.

MileHigh
06-17-2009, 11:09 PM
From what I've heard the Ultracut is the superior deck.

The triton does not do well for northern grasses that are wet and thick.

BTW, I love my Triton, and you most likely will be pleased with either purchase.

If you have the chance to choose though, choose the Ultracut for sure.

SfTD_service_CENTER
06-17-2009, 11:23 PM
for mulching i would buy a bigger motor! i seem to have the right amount of power to cut wet thick grass and mulching would put you in that category most likely, 34hp kawi will not let you down! i would make sure to get that motor on a new lazer z. if you go with a older lazer try them all out diesel, efi whatever you can try. trton might work well for you! i see one that cuts all the time on one place and it always comes out nice. one problem with new lazer z is fuel consumption wheather your using a 29 or 34 with a mulch kit they wont be far apart! so the bigger would be more ideal in your case.

ill put it this way no deck is perfect all have a downfall or two! an serries 6 ultracut is pretty darn good in everything from deep wet to light and fuzzy! it does make mistakes just like anything else will if the conditions arent in its favor, i dont think anyone would be dissapointed with this deck, it might not mow perfect going 15mph or as fast as it can in cetain grass but it leaves a nice cut and will always get the job done and looking right no matter what. cant go wrong with a 34/60 exmark

djflats
06-20-2009, 07:08 PM
I'm looking at a Lazer Z AS, 60" w/ a 25 hp Kohler. It has the UltraCut Series 4 deck on it. Any feedback on this particular mower, 60" w/ 25 hp Kohler? Thanks.
Anyone know what I might ask for my CC TANK M48, 19 hp Kawasaki 20004?

tacoma200
06-20-2009, 07:20 PM
I'm looking at a Lazer Z AS, 60" w/ a 25 hp Kohler. It has the UltraCut Series 4 deck on it. Any feedback on this particular mower, 60" w/ 25 hp Kohler? Thanks.

The AS series will be close to what the regular Lazer is just with out some of the bells and whistles. Nothing wrong with a 25 Kohler, it may be a bit weak if you do overgrown lawns but it will get the job done. How much are you saving as apposed to a regular new Lazer? The AS is an entry level Lazer, basically the same machine. All the Ultra Cut decks cut "great". Go to the Exmark website and compare the New Lazer and New Lazer AS to see the differences. Go to this site, put a check by the Lazer and Lazer AS and hit compare.

http://www.exmark.com/comp_ride.htm

ricky86
06-20-2009, 07:24 PM
I have had both side by side mowing at the same time on the same lawn (Ultracut vs Turbo Force). Lazer, ever so slightly, stripes better. Toro has better dischage. I feel the Toro deck is the most durable in the industry right now. What's nice about the Toro is you buy a Turbo Force and you dont have to worry about what series it is.

freshprince94
06-20-2009, 08:42 PM
I'm in Florida too so I think I can answer your question well. A company I used to work for had a Lazer Z with the UltraCut, and they still do the three houses across from mine so I have seen and do regularly see the cut of the UltraCut on St. Augustine. The cut is great IMO. No clumps or piles of clippings, no stragglers. The same goes for wet grass, these guys cut in the pouring rain and the cut is almost as good.

I'd go with the UltraCut, the Triton is supposed to be garbage. The Next Lazer is also new, and I'd wait until they are out for a bit longer and fine-tuned.

djflats
06-20-2009, 09:20 PM
The AS series will be close to what the regular Lazer is just with out some of the bells and whistles. Nothing wrong with a 25 Kohler, it may be a bit weak if you do overgrown lawns but it will get the job done. How much are you saving as apposed to a regular new Lazer? The AS is an entry level Lazer, basically the same machine. All the Ultra Cut decks cut "great". Go to the Exmark website and compare the New Lazer and New Lazer AS to see the differences. Go to this site, put a check by the Lazer and Lazer AS and hit compare.

http://www.exmark.com/comp_ride.htm

Right now I just cut here at the house so "too-tall" grass shouldn't be a big problem. This spring has been wet so it grew like crazy but I still kept up with it. My TANK M48 w/ the 19 is just too under-powered and is terrible on the slightest of grades. I'm hoping the eXmark will out perform the CC. I'm stopping by tomorrow to drive it and check it on slopes. I'll take these model numbers and check the other series out.

exmark 1
06-20-2009, 09:32 PM
last years ultra cut i just got 08 on on tuesday 60 inch 28 hp kaw i love it good lck trying to get one thay are hard to find

tacoma200
06-20-2009, 09:41 PM
Yes the 08's and previous models have been out longer and have proven themselves but of course they are not as good on hills. (He biggest regrets buying a ZTR for me was not getting enough power but you don't seem to need a lot. Good luck.
Posted via Mobile Device

djflats
06-20-2009, 09:41 PM
It does have the gas tank under the seat and the electrical sensors that shows fuel, hours....I guess you'd call it the diagnostic readings(digital)displays. He said he'll put a new type suspension seat on it with no charge too.
You think this should out-perform my TANK...surely so?
If I think about it I'll ask him about a 27 hp on one. I think that's available on that model. It depends if and when he can get one.

SEMI-RETIRED
06-21-2009, 12:32 AM

I have the same mower, a 2008 model bought last june, i now have 250 hrs on it and love it, the only problem i am having is leaving stringers in tall grass, i do a lot of subdivision vac lots and weekenders monthly jobs..

I am now experimenting with diff blades to see if i can make the problem go away, no problem in normal residential mowings, just in tall grass..

Bought it to save time over using my tractor with brush-hog, but if i have to double mow that negates any time saving as the brush-hog does not leave streaks, but very slow and time consuming around lots with a lot of trees..

It may be something i will just have to live with, hope not LOL..

SfTD_service_CENTER
06-21-2009, 01:26 AM
a next lazer with a 29 kawi is a good mower step it up to a 34 and it is a good mower with a tiny bit more power! they are built to mow! alot of issues were taken care of wit them and they are improved from a later model they dont obsolete a mower just improve on its ability! id buy a used one for myslef but for work i think the new one are awsome. a 28hp klawi on a lazer AS is a deal it should run for 4000 hrs without a hickup! but the new lazer will out run it on a yard thats just the way it is!

djflats
06-21-2009, 01:34 AM
I like the dealer where I've been getting my CC's but this dealer is a good guy too. I know quite of few that have bought from him and all say he has a good service department too. As stated, I don't mow like a lot of you guys on here, just at home. I may pick up a couple yards or so sometime but the mower will be used here at the house mostly. I just want something with more power than the TANK w/ the 19. It has trouble holding on the slightest of grades, parallel or going down.
The Lazer I'm using at work is a Lazer Z 66" w/ a 30 hp Kohler and it holds pretty good. It does real well going down hill, I just take it slow and it goes where I want. The TANK just goes. Tomorrow I'm going to drive the 60" w/ 25 hp Kohler and see how it does. I won't cut with it because it's not a demo. The guy has a few slopes at the shop where I can test the mower's "hugging" capabilities, both parallel and up and down. If it's anything like the one at work I'll be happy. Going at a slow speed it will stop on the grade going down.

tacoma200
06-21-2009, 02:21 AM
The 25 will not feel that much.more powerful with the 60" deck. I had a 23 hp 60" Lazer AS and it felt very weak in Spring. They don't make that model any more thankfully.
Posted via Mobile Device

CowboysLawnCare
06-21-2009, 03:34 AM
I bought the 2009 Exmark Lazer Z 48" w/ 20 Kohler. It has the UltraCut. It has the best cut I have ever seen. Couldn't really tell you what kind if grass I have been cutting. I have Burmuda grass at my house and it looks really good. Go with the UltraCut...best all around!

djflats
06-21-2009, 03:38 AM
The 25 will not feel that much.more powerful with the 60" deck. I had a 23 hp 60" Lazer AS and it felt very weak in Spring. They don't make that model any more thankfully.
Posted via Mobile Device

I hope the mower I'm trying feels better than the CC I have now. I want to change my avatar on here.:laugh:

jrs mowing
06-29-2009, 12:20 AM
I just bought me the next lazer on fri. 34 kaw. 60" and imo exmark as got themself a nice mower.....
The new seat is awsome hand grips are nice and the ease of raising the deck makes it nice.
But the fuel it likes the fuel at 2gal. an hr. thats hard to take.......

tacoma200
06-29-2009, 12:27 AM
I just bought me the next lazer on fri. 34 kaw. 60" and imo exmark as got themself a nice mower.....
The new seat is awsome hand grips are nice and the ease of raising the deck makes it nice.
But the fuel it likes the fuel at 2gal. an hr. thats hard to take.......

That 2 gallons per hour seems pretty constant with what I'm hearing.