PDA

View Full Version : Workmans comp. insurance

AllAmericanlawn
06-17-2009, 08:28 PM
Do most of you carry workers comp insurance on your employees? What r your experiences with this.

EGL
06-17-2009, 08:46 PM
I have it and I would recommend you get it and also general liability... ask them for hired and non owned auto coverage on your auto insurance policy if you have any employees that use their on vehicle and have an accident while working for you this could be helpfull for your company

Daily Lawn/Landscape
06-17-2009, 08:47 PM
A must if you have employees. Take it from someone who learned the hard way.
PS: Just because you wrote the check to the ins. company doesn't mean your covered.
That was a $17k + mistake.

James

EGL
06-17-2009, 09:01 PM
yeah make sure you are not excluded from coverage because in most states its optional

AllAmericanlawn
06-17-2009, 09:27 PM
I have general liability. I have health insurance on my self and my family. I have one employee that helps me and i dont have workers comp. on him.

EGL
06-17-2009, 09:36 PM
your health insurance want pay you for loss of your personal earnings "if you are included in the coverage" and just because you only have one employee doesn't matter because on injury is all it takes... get the covergage if you have much to loose

EGL
06-17-2009, 09:37 PM
clarify above your health insurance want pay for loss of earnings period

kaferhaus
06-17-2009, 09:46 PM
In this state if you have any employee's you must have workers comp. Get caught without it and the fines are huge. Worse have a employee get injured and not have it.... fines, penalties and you're on the hook for all his medical bills and lost income.