PDA

View Full Version : Toro Z5060

RS156
06-17-2009, 09:16 PM
Hi, I have an 08 timecutter Z5060. I bought it in August of last year when I came home from a deployment to Kuwait. It worked great last year. I was able to have a great cut at top forward speed. After having mowed my lawn (about 1.3 acre) 3 times this year it now has two strips of uncut grass between the three blades. I have sharpened the blades, when that didn't work I replaced them (with the OEM Toro blades). Still no luck. When I cut at a slow walking speed it still cuts great. I only mow with full throttle and have done 3 oil and 1 spark plug change. Any suggestions? How do you adjust the belt that goes to the mower deck and how do you know how tight it is supposed to be. The only other thing I could think of is if the belt stretched? Great motor and great mower till now. Thanks for your help. I called the Toro trouble shooting but they just tell you to bring it to a dealer..

The Toro Company
06-22-2009, 08:52 AM
Glad to hear that you are enjoying your TimeCutter! From our testing experience in a variety of conditions and speeds, it is unlikely that the deck belt would be slipping. The deck belt is also automatically spring tensioned. From your description, it sounds like you are trying to put too much grass through the deck at one time. The large engine is powerful enough to cut the grass but the deck might not be able to cut it and get rid of it fast enough. It might have worked last year because the grass wasn't as lush (maybe more moisture or fertilizer this year?) or maybe it wasn't as tall when you were cutting it last year. Lush, thick grass can cut very differently from drier, thinner grass. It is more likely the combination of cutting too much grass too fast. I would suggest either not cutting as many inches off at a time or driving a little slower as the conditions dictate. I am sorry that I do not have a better fix-all solution for you. Please let us know if there is anything else we can do to help.

The Toro Company