PDA

View Full Version : what would you do?

sea ox
06-17-2009, 09:39 PM
What if you pulled up to mow a customers lawn and it had a job sign from another landscaping company stuck in the ground? This is a nice corner lot on a busy road and definitely did not have any work done by this company. How about if you showed up to mow a customers lawn and there was a full color flyer rubber banded to your customers mailbox?? I removed them both but i know it wasn't the most professional thing to do.. BUT isn't it illegal to put things on mailboxes and stick job signs on random peoples properties??

LBLC_LCO
06-17-2009, 09:43 PM
I would have pulled the sign if on the property, probably would have left the mailbox alone. I've mowed some of my customers properties and there were fliers from other companies on the door, I left them, I'm not worried. But a sign in a yard that is not yours is uncalled for.

STIHL GUY
06-17-2009, 09:50 PM
i would of run the sign right down with my mower and blew all the shredded pieces into the street:laugh: actually i would toss it in the bed of my truck and toss it when i got home. the fliers dont bother me too much

TREEGUARD
06-17-2009, 10:26 PM
I would have taken the sign from the lawn & thrown it away as for the flyer if i see someone elses flyer in customers mail box i take that too.

F that guy the flyer is usually for like 18 to 20 bucks a week

CrewKut
06-17-2009, 11:32 PM
Turnabout is fair play.

Scenario #1
Remove the sign and toss it in the back of the truck. In the course of your travels, I'm sure that you drive past some foreclosed properties. I'll even wager that some of those properties have been neglected for some time now. I would find the nastiest looking overgrown property and firmly plant said sign right there where everyone will see it.

Scenario #2
Remove sign and toss in back of truck. While driving something other than your company truck (don't forget to bring the sign), find a similarly neglected but occupied property. Stop and offer the resident an unbelievably incredible deal on full service lawn care. I mean mowing, fert, bed install, a complete lawn makeover, if they will only allow you the privilege of placing your company sign there. Plant the sign and say goodbye.

Sorry, I was just thinking out loud. I would never really recommend doing these things. No not me. Thumbs Up

Dan

SfTD_service_CENTER
06-17-2009, 11:37 PM
i had this guy put a sign up while i was mowing and actually got in my way to do it, it wasnt a landscaper but a political bulogna thing, any way he put it in and i pulled it right back out he looked at me funny and i just yelled over the mower dont get in my way again! lol people have alot of nerve!

just4funthen
06-17-2009, 11:43 PM
Depends on what mood I was in. But I would go a etra mile and do a little research on the owner of the company. Then make a similar sign and put it on his from yard. See what he does, if he takes it down promtly (most likely) then call him up and say not to do it to your properties.

Perfect Image TLM
06-17-2009, 11:46 PM
I yank them out every time.

ToroLandscaper
06-17-2009, 11:46 PM
I normally will just take the signs down and a lot of times I will use them as home made disposable mulch kits...

Hawg City Lawns
06-18-2009, 12:34 AM
i would throw the sign in the yard of the guy who put it there

whoopassonthebluegrass
06-18-2009, 12:55 AM
Pull 'em all. And don't feel bad about it.

THC
06-18-2009, 01:09 AM
i would of run the sign right down with my mower and blew all the shredded pieces into the street:laugh: actually i would toss it in the bed of my truck and toss it when i got home. the fliers dont bother me too much

Same. I do that all the time, even now I have 5-6 signs from fert companys in my truck.

jhawk60
06-18-2009, 08:28 AM
I would have left the flyer, but the sign would have been moved to the crappiest looking yard I could find.

mnglocker
06-18-2009, 08:36 AM
Turnabout is fair play.

Scenario #1
Remove the sign and toss it in the back of the truck. In the course of your travels, I'm sure that you drive past some foreclosed properties. I'll even wager that some of those properties have been neglected for some time now. I would find the nastiest looking overgrown property and firmly plant said sign right there where everyone will see it.

Scenario #2
Remove sign and toss in back of truck. While driving something other than your company truck (don't forget to bring the sign), find a similarly neglected but occupied property. Stop and offer the resident an unbelievably incredible deal on full service lawn care. I mean mowing, fert, bed install, a complete lawn makeover, if they will only allow you the privilege of placing your company sign there. Plant the sign and say goodbye.

Sorry, I was just thinking out loud. I would never really recommend doing these things. No not me. Thumbs Up

Dan

I would have left the flyer, but the sign would have been moved to the crappiest looking yard I could find.

Not the most professional advice, but I say the competitor placing their sign on your jobs is just cause for this game. :laughing:

12Valve
06-18-2009, 02:05 PM
Sceario #2, Guy gets a call "when you going to come and start my free complete makeover, its been about 2 weeks scense I talked to you":laugh::laugh::laugh:

sea ox
06-18-2009, 04:44 PM
Still have the sign.. Thinking of a good use for it. I may just write SUCKS real big under their logo and place it on the main road into town.

Bass1
06-18-2009, 04:59 PM
I would have lremoeved the stuff on the mailbox. The other sign I would took it home mowed it up and put it in a ziploc bag tied to the steaks and put in his front yard.

barlowlawncare
06-18-2009, 05:22 PM
Turnabout is fair play.

Scenario #1

Scenario #2

Dan

I agree krewcut it is very unproffesional to put your sign on someone elses lawn fliers I don't care but to place a sign no way and i would do the same as u put somewhere with overgrown crappy lawn that's what they diserve for their unprofessionalism 2 wrongs do make a right in my opinion

AdvancedLawns
06-18-2009, 11:06 PM
put in front of your local police station...he'll get a nice phone call