PDA

View Full Version : Annoying Sales Calls to Office Phone

procut
06-17-2009, 09:43 PM
Ever since I got my land line office phone I receive, on average, 3+ calls a day from obnoxious, out of state salesmen. They are selling everything from credit card terminals to on line advertising. I registered the number to the "do not call list" and that helped some, (was getting probably 7+ calls a day) but the calls still keep coming. I can usually dodge them, because I have caller ID and a lot of times the number comes up as a 800 something or "Restricted" or "Unavailable" or an area code that is obviously out of state.

If you miss the call or send it to VM, the same number will keep calling, multiple times a day, until you finally answer and tell them your not interested.

Other than the do not call list, I'm not sure if there is anything that can be done about this problem. Anyone else experience the same thing or have any suggestions?

Thanks!

bohiaa
06-17-2009, 10:11 PM
I get a call 4 to 5 times a week it's a recorded voice saying something to the effect.

if you are ... then in another voice. Gordon sims. press 1 if you are not Gordon Sims then by continueing listning to this message you agree that he lived here......

I have called the 1800 number and told them HE'S NOT HERE PLEASE STOP CALLING....

and then 2 days later..... you got it.....

and yes I am on the do not call list....

procut
06-17-2009, 10:39 PM
I just looked at the FAQ on the do not call list registry website and it says that the list does not cover business to business calls or faxes.

UpNorth
06-17-2009, 10:50 PM
I get a call 4 to 5 times a week it's a recorded voice saying something to the effect.

if you are ... then in another voice. Gordon sims. press 1 if you are not Gordon Sims then by continueing listning to this message you agree that he lived here......

I have called the 1800 number and told them HE'S NOT HERE PLEASE STOP CALLING....

and then 2 days later..... you got it.....

and yes I am on the do not call list....

OMG... I got the same thing for about 2 months. I let all calls go to Voicemail first so I only heard the message. But I got it about 3 times a week.

The other really bad one came for 4-5 months, EVERYDAY, mutiple times!!! One I got 5 calls!! It went like this.. "Hi this is debbie with the warranty activation center, I have important information about your car warranty, hold on for a second."

I did EVERYTHING to get off the list, but everytime I asked questions they would hang up on me, once I actually got to the point of giving a fake credit card number just to speak to a supervisor, only for them to hang up on me again. It finally stopped, but I occasionally get a call, but I programmed the number so now I don't even answer. But it was BAD!!! REAL BAD!!!

TexasFire221
06-19-2009, 08:09 AM
What about the guy that calls from a blocked number. He always says "I have one bad joke, then some supplies you might need." I told him the other day I know what your selling and I dont need any of it. He told me "Just f-ing listen you dont even know what im selling"