PDA

View Full Version : Did anyone else get a letter from Lowes?

green_with_envy
06-18-2009, 09:53 AM
I had been servicing 2 different Lowes. They now changed their policy and want one company per district to mow them all. Only one company comes to mind that can do that. So as of July 15 all small LCO's will be done....or will be subcontracted by the bigger one I mentioned above.

Sure sounds to me that whoever wrote the bid specs knew it could only go to more or less one company. Hummmm.

LBLC_LCO
06-18-2009, 09:59 AM
I've seen Brickman at the one of the new Lowes stores here.

green_with_envy
06-18-2009, 10:03 AM
That would be correct. I'm guessing they got most nationally.

ALC-GregH
06-18-2009, 10:16 AM
Where in PA are you? You can have the Lowe's here in my town. Has to be the worse place to cut. Pretty much all steep slops from retention ponds. I'd bet there isn't more then 1-2K of flat grass.

green_with_envy
06-18-2009, 10:36 AM
Oh yea, the two I do are holes. Steep hill and banks, garbage and shrinkwrap all over, brutal on equiptment. I mostly did them for the mulch contract which is about 70 yards on the one.

I guarentee you will be loosing that soon.

ALC-GregH
06-18-2009, 10:44 AM
Oh, I must have made it sound like I actually took care of the Lowe's here. I do not. I was merely stating that you don't want the Lowe's here. The guy that does it has to use one of those hill mowers that leans to either side.

EGL&L
06-19-2009, 08:37 AM
Hey Greg
I actually do the Wal-Mart right next to Lowes, and I don't do the steep banks at the drainage. Our township employees come out to do that, as it is not Wal-Mart property. Not sure if it's the same for Lowes or not, but I know I wouldn't want to do it.

Bob

tiflawn
06-30-2009, 10:39 AM
I have been servicing our local Lowes for 5 years. Mowing, sweeping, and plowing. We never had a slip and fall or complaint from management. Last week I received the " letter ". The national company will now want all of us to bid on the work. Lowes thinks that this is going to save the company money. I will take my $22,300.00 that I spent at Lowes last year ( trailer, string trimmers, lumber, plumbing supplies and the other stuff we use for our own personal use and give it all to HD. To all you sub contractors just remember, " bid low and in time you will go ".