PDA

View Full Version : Lesco Hydro

Jesterjohn
06-18-2009, 10:19 AM
Good morning - This is my first post here. hope I posted to the correct area...This site has been extremely beneficial in so many ways. Wealth of information! As a school teacher, I run a small service here taking care of foreclosed properties for a real estate agent. Well needless to say, but it is time to upgrade to a larger mower. I have found a Lesco 36" Hydro with approx. 500 hours on it. The unit has been used only on one residential yard for the past 5 years. He is the second owner. The mower is in very good physical condition for its age. Would anyone have input on a fair price to pay for this mower? Also- anything I should inspect for specifically? Thanks for the input and thanks again for all the knowledge gained from this site.

metro36
06-18-2009, 05:15 PM
I have one and it is a great mower. I would give about 1500-1800 depending on the condition of the machine and what comes with it. I would check all the belts, hydro and engine oil, air filter, the spindles for play, check the under side of the deck, and make sure it sounds good before buying. By looking at all of this stuff you can tell how well it has been taken care of. I would also ask if he kept any maintenance records and if it has had any new parts put in it (besides normal small stuff).
Good Luck

Jesterjohn
06-18-2009, 05:30 PM
Thanks for the response -- I will see the mower this weekend and check the things you mentioned. He is asking 1200 including the dual attachment sulky and 2 sets of new blades.

metro36
06-18-2009, 08:36 PM
I think that it is a fair price if all is well mechanically. I just bought the sulky and have yet to attach it and try it out.