PDA

View Full Version : louisiana guys

LawnPro19
06-18-2009, 07:51 PM
so how are you guys doing with this d*mn drought we are in.... good thing all my customers are on yearly contracts cuz some of there yards are burnt!!!

Fleur De Lawn
06-18-2009, 08:53 PM
no rain in a week and I know customers are gonna try and cancel for the week.

dbroken64
06-18-2009, 09:43 PM
The dust is horrible...but you know if it starts raining it probably will not ever stop. Most of my accounts are burnt, will have to see week to week I guess. No rain in sight through next week too.:confused:

ed2hess
06-18-2009, 09:57 PM
About the same thing here in Texas.....the dust is very very bad. The local dealer is seeing a lot of engines go and they believe it is the dust getting into them.

mississippiturf
06-18-2009, 09:58 PM
Central Mississippi is not any different. It seemed like it rained every other day in March, April, and most of May. Now with the drought and the heat index in the low 100's the few yards that are not burnt are struggling to hold on.

Talked to an LCO doing a Cracker Barrel today. He says he starts his day at 6 am and tries to be home in the air conditioning by 1:30 pm.

LouisianaLawnboy
06-18-2009, 10:20 PM
I'm about to have to start skipping yards. Too dry. It looks like their will be some rain next week.

scagmanjosh
06-18-2009, 11:07 PM
The dust is horrible...but you know if it starts raining it probably will not ever stop. Most of my accounts are burnt, will have to see week to week I guess. No rain in sight through next week too.:confused:

Exactly-- I had some concrete work done recently in my yard and the loose dirt/dust from the dug out ground has turned my yard in a dust bowl. I actually dont want to cut right now with the new Scag because my Briggs ELS 26 doesnt have the external canister style air filter and the dust is so bad.

We NEED some rain guys.......

CowboysLawnCare
06-19-2009, 01:40 AM
Yea I can't stand it when i get an account that wants me to cut it every week and now im lucky if they call me to cut it every other week. I tell you what though, when it rains it is probably gonna pour and that grass is going to grow so quick. Everyone up north is complaining about too much rain and were hoping for it.

ElephantNest
06-19-2009, 07:39 AM
No real rain to speak of at my house in over 2 months. Sprinkled once or twice, and I mean sprinkled.....not even a light rain. 8(

Thank God for weeds, or I'd be cutting nothing at all. I love the irony that many clients didn't want weed & feed this Spring so they could save money.....now they're the ones who are getting cut weekly because the weeds are 18" tall.