PDA

View Full Version : Unobservant Coworkers

93Chevy
06-18-2009, 10:47 PM
Today I ran the 36" for the first time at my full time job. Yes, I work for an LCO and yes, he knows I have my own business, and no he doesn't have a problem with it, in fact he wants to help me get experience.

Anyway, I know the stripes aren't perfect, I'd only been running the 36" for a few hours.

In the second and third pics, another employee ran the 21" right through it.

Pics snapped with phone, sorry about crappy quality:rolleyes:

mississippiturf
06-18-2009, 10:52 PM
Dang, that 21" screwed up a fairly good looking stripe. I realize that the picture quality is not that good, but it looks like both mowers are set way too low, especially the 21".

93Chevy
06-18-2009, 11:03 PM
The 36" is set about right, I think, the 21" is set too low. The 21" is a total POS, deck kinda sets itself sometimes. I don't set the decks, I just run the machines. Usually I'm on the landscape crew, but with the rain, we needed to get this 80 something unit townhouse HOA done today.

vincent1
06-18-2009, 11:06 PM
All I see are dry spots in the lawn

STIHL GUY
06-18-2009, 11:11 PM
that 21'' messed up your stripes lol

93Chevy
06-18-2009, 11:12 PM
You mean this dry spot?

LBLC_LCO
06-18-2009, 11:46 PM
lol why the hell would he run the 21 right through there? Doesn't make sense to me. You'll get better with the stripes with the more time you get on the machine.

vincent1
06-18-2009, 11:47 PM
You mean this dry spot?

Ya! and the one here and over there. Scalper!

93Chevy
06-18-2009, 11:49 PM
lol why the hell would he run the 21 right through there? Doesn't make sense to me. You'll get better with the stripes with the more time you get on the machine.

I don't know man, really got me jacked. I mean, I know the stripes weren't perfect, but come on. I was proud of those. :cry:

LBLC_LCO
06-19-2009, 12:00 AM
Would drive me crazy. I would of had to go back and mow over it.

TomberLawn
06-19-2009, 12:04 AM
Some people are really inconsiderate about stripes. I know they aren't that important--nobody's going to die because stripes are messed up. But it is irritating to put forth effort to make a yard look good and then somebody mess it up. When I help my dad mow my grandfather's yard, I try to stripe it as best I can with a Deere 145 (Lowe's mower), and I try to keep my dad in another part of the yard. He doesn't care at all about stripes--he'd rather scalp so he doesn't have to mow as often.

93Chevy
06-19-2009, 12:06 AM
Would drive me crazy. I would of had to go back and mow over it.

If I was the foreman, believe me I would. Only problem is, the 21" is set lower than the 36" so there would still be a line.

just4funthen
06-19-2009, 12:19 AM
For not using the machine for more than a few hours, you picked it up real quick and did good! The same thing happend to me last year with a new guy, but he did it to himself. He finished a front lawn, made good lines and then bee lined to the truck messing up all his lines. Now, one time is ok if they are new and they made a honest mistake. But I think the guy in your case was either taking the fastest way across and not giving a flying 'F' about your work or could it be possible the previous cut had lines in the direction he started off in(still doesnt explain his erratic turns thought) Was this guy new too?

93Chevy
06-19-2009, 07:54 AM
For not using the machine for more than a few hours, you picked it up real quick and did good! The same thing happend to me last year with a new guy, but he did it to himself. He finished a front lawn, made good lines and then bee lined to the truck messing up all his lines. Now, one time is ok if they are new and they made a honest mistake. But I think the guy in your case was either taking the fastest way across and not giving a flying 'F' about your work or could it be possible the previous cut had lines in the direction he started off in(still doesnt explain his erratic turns thought) Was this guy new too?

First of, thanks! :waving:

No, he's not new. He's one of those older guys that thinks they know everything, have a lot of experience. Pretty bad when I have two years experience and do better work than him.

ALC-GregH
06-19-2009, 10:10 AM
I was at a friend's place last year. There's a small area that I cut/striped. What does he do? Goes out in his Camaro and does a donut right through the whole area! He was pissed that the Scag left better stripes then the Exmark he has so he had to do something about it. :D

topsites
06-19-2009, 01:31 PM
First of, thanks! :waving:

No, he's not new. He's one of those older guys that thinks they know everything, have a lot of experience. Pretty bad when I have two years experience and do better work than him.

It doesn't even matter although it does look bad, but I sometimes have to get a second mower off the trailer
because of some part I can't get to, first I try not to even drive on any parts of the turf thou that part can be
unavoidable but I NEVER run a second mower across freshly cut turf with the blades on!

Matter of fact even if it isn't freshly cut, don't turn the blades on unless you plan on cutting the whole dang thing.

Why, because if the blade height isn't the same (why yes of course it usually isn't).
Ask me how I know this :p

ruffs
06-20-2009, 01:41 PM
we had i guy that would make great stripes and most of the time double cut then when he was done make a b line strait for the truck over his own stripes. (the memory of a goldfish).

W.L.M.
06-20-2009, 08:28 PM
Let me guess the 21 was self propelled? Therefor he needed the blades going so he wouldn't need to push it and went through the middle so he didn't have to walk as far as if he went around the perimeter. Pure laziness was the cause of this.

93Chevy
06-20-2009, 09:07 PM
Let me guess the 21 was self propelled? Therefor he needed the blades going so he wouldn't need to push it and went through the middle so he didn't have to walk as far as if he went around the perimeter. Pure laziness was the cause of this.

Yeah, I talked to him later about it, and he said he was jacked because the 21" is such a POS, he just wanted to get done ASAP. I can understand that, and we laughed about it, but come on dude. :dizzy: