PDA

View Full Version : Toro Front Mount ZTR

TL Lawn
06-19-2009, 12:51 PM
Just Curious if this is a good deal or not. A guy on my street has a Toro front mount ZTR w/ the Walker style grass catcher on it for sale, the mower is a 42" with 600 hrs on it but I don't remember what size engine it has right now. He is asking $2500 but I don't know if it's worth it with those hrs on it. Thanks in advance for the help.

BrandonV
06-19-2009, 04:12 PM
sounds good to me being that a new walker could easily be 15K

kaferhaus
06-19-2009, 04:19 PM
Go look at it. The deck has been trashed at one time (welded up) and it's a "bagger only" or take your chances with the rear discharge which will windrow like nobody's business. And the mower looks like it's got 1600hrs on it not the 653 on the clock.

I have no idea what you do with clippings but we don't bag... mulch or side discharge only. Handling the clippings and making dump runs is not how to make money.

Obviously it's the one just posted on craigslist... sure it's not yours? LOL

metro36
06-19-2009, 07:22 PM
My buddy has one and he has had tons of problems with it. The only uses it for his house (1 acre) and he has had to replace the engine and blower. I dont know how many hours he has on it but it is like 7 years old and I cant imagine it has more that 500 hours on it.

Mowingman
06-19-2009, 08:40 PM
Those were an engineering disaster. They only sold them a couple of years before they gave up trying to make them actually work right. Better run from it.

TL Lawn
06-22-2009, 10:58 AM
I made this post before going to look at it. The best thing he could do with this thing is push it out in the hiway and hope the first 18 wheeler that came by didn't miss it.