PDA

View Full Version : And I thought the HEAT was what would do me in today.

corey4671
06-19-2009, 03:20 PM
OK. SO forecasted highs today around 95 with heat index between 100 to 105. I got out early to try and get done and get home. Had some shrubs to trim and about 6-7 hours of mowing to do. About three hours in I stopped to take a break, eat a bite and grab a drink. Pulled the mower up under a big shade tree and was jsut chillin. takin it easy. not pushing myself. Had the shrubs all trimmed, had about two hours of mowing left at this account. WAs going to get one more bottle of water, stepped off the mower and right into a hole. Down I went screaming in pain. This is the same foot I broke almost two years ago. Just flopped around for a few minutes and drug myself over to the mower. Managed to pull myself up on the front of the mower to sit down and I blacked out and fell off. Came to and managed to limp over to the truck and turn the A/C on. After about 10 minutes I decided to come home and ice it down. It's swollen like a baseball just above the ankle. Iced it and wrapped it in an Ace Bandage sitting here with it propped up and watching NASCAR. And I thought the heat was what would do me in today!

MS_SURVEYOR
06-19-2009, 03:26 PM
OH NO! Been there done that! I'm a self employed Land Surveyor. It's tuff working solo. Well keep that leg up, wrapped tight, and ice on it. I keep some anti-inflammatory meds around just for that very thing. You can't work if you can't walk.

I hope it gets to doing better soon!

ms

Heavyduty1
06-19-2009, 04:52 PM
I use to jump off the top step of my tractor until I twisted my foot real bad. Now I take the slow way by using the steps and hand rails. :hammerhead:

corey4671
06-19-2009, 05:17 PM
I use to jump off the top step of my tractor until I twisted my foot real bad. Now I take the slow way by using the steps and hand rails. :hammerhead:

yeah this was just a simple step off the front of the mower and just happened the hole was right there. :cry:

southgagrass
06-19-2009, 05:44 PM
sorry to hear that I know the heat down in south ga is horrible.... 99 today with heat index 106 tommorrow high 104 not including heat index. wow. good luck with the ankle

corey4671
06-19-2009, 05:53 PM
wow...that sucks...maybe I got an excuse to stay in out of this mess!!

tjwalkingon
06-19-2009, 06:20 PM
I fell your pain. 2 weeks ago I jumped off a big tractor and broke my leg in 3 places and tore cartilage. House bound for at least another 2 weeks. And may have to have surgery and more time off. Having to send the guys out without me is driving me crazy. Sure seems to take them longer than normal.....

KCfireman
06-19-2009, 07:27 PM
What race are you watching?

traman
06-19-2009, 08:02 PM
just curious ,what kind of shoes were you wherein? i where high top boots tied tight,cant tell ya how many times i have step into gopher holes. i think the boots save my ankle from breaking

corey4671
06-19-2009, 08:10 PM
just curious ,what kind of shoes were you wherein? i where high top boots tied tight,cant tell ya how many times i have step into gopher holes. i think the boots save my ankle from breaking

pull on roper type boots.

corey4671
06-19-2009, 08:11 PM
What race are you watching?

Sprint Cup race from Sonoma. Watching qualifying now.

grassman177
06-19-2009, 10:59 PM
man., that is really bad man. i think you need to quit getting off the mower and hire a trimmer, ahha

TL1981
06-19-2009, 11:59 PM
"Just flopped around for a few minutes and drug myself over to the mower. Managed to pull myself up on the front of the mower to sit down and I blacked out and fell off."

Im sorry bud I know it's a bad deal but those two sentences have me crying...LOL :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Hope ya feel better.

corey4671
06-20-2009, 01:24 AM
"Just flopped around for a few minutes and drug myself over to the mower. Managed to pull myself up on the front of the mower to sit down and I blacked out and fell off."

Im sorry bud I know it's a bad deal but those two sentences have me crying...LOL :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Hope ya feel better.

Story of my life

Got it wrapped up good and covered it in Icy Hot. Feeling better. And let me tell y'all about that Icy Hot. More is NOT better. Feels good at first but then the HOT kicks in..HOLY CRAP!!! Feels like the skin melting off!!!

redmax fan
06-20-2009, 01:44 AM
hope youve a quick recovery

too bad your gonna have more pain on sunday when you have to watch the nascars on the stupid road coarse :laugh:

the race could be alot better if they eliminated the hair pin turn which always backs everyone up into a traffic jam / spin out

topsites
06-20-2009, 03:45 AM
Omg I am so sorry to hear that.

Yeah I've never passed out from pain, thou it's made me sick to my stomach before, I don't even want to imagine hehe

corey4671
06-21-2009, 12:53 AM
Omg I am so sorry to hear that.

Yeah I've never passed out from pain, thou it's made me sick to my stomach before, I don't even want to imagine hehe

well I think the passing out could have had something to do with the fatigue of 2.5 hours of trimming hedges in this 110% humidity prior to the fall

just a little update. Got up this morning and found the old orthopedic walking boot I had when I broke my foot two years ago. Wrapped the ankle up in a sports bandage and put the boot on. Out the door I went. Productive day actually. About 2:30 I noticed the ankle wasn't hurting anymore and the only real pain I was in was from the boot itself being too tight. Pulled it off and the wrap. Put on regular boot. No problem. Still a little sore and tender, but I can walk normally on it. Got some bruising around the ankle and it's still a little swollen. Thinking everything may be just fine.