PDA

View Full Version : Nissan Titan

blakerugg
06-19-2009, 03:15 PM
Nissan doesn't make a 3/4 ton, do they? I'm 90 percent sure all their titans are half tons

razor1
06-19-2009, 03:29 PM
Sounds right to me, plus I heard sales aren't as good on the Titan as other Nissan's

ZTR_Diesel
06-19-2009, 04:52 PM
All 1/2 tons - Nissan Titans.

They were schedule to start branding a Dodge Ram truck as the "new" Titan, however with all the recent developments, this seems to have gone by the wayside.

blakerugg
06-19-2009, 06:45 PM
thats what i figured, my girlfriend's dad loves to think that his titan is better then my 6.0l gmc 2500HD (:weightlifter:) and he also seems to think that Nissan also makes 3/4 ton trucks

...however he knows much more about landscaping and equipment then I do, as he is 35, i'm 15, and he owns a lawn mower dealer ;)

lawnboy dan
06-20-2009, 09:29 AM
why buy a truck with no bed space=titan

blakerugg
06-20-2009, 09:33 AM
why buy a truck with no bed space=titan

dont worry even if i wanted to buy one i can't b/c it can't handle my stainless fisher x-blade :usflag:

nmanley
06-20-2009, 01:59 PM
The newer titans 08 and 09 come in a long bed model. All Titans are built on a 3/4 ton frame but not 3/4 ton suspension. I have an 04 Titan LE that was exactly one year old and had 25000 miles when I got it. That was Christmas 2005. I still have it as my daily driver and have made two round trips from Alabama to California and many into the neighboring states. 68000 miles now and I've only replaced the battery (twice), and drivers side elec window motor. The rear diff are weak on the earlier models ..mine included and will break easy if you snatch the truck in reverse gear. Early models got a free brake upgrade (mine included) to heavier rotors and pads just as early Toyota Tundras had too.
I plan to keep this one till it's dead as I love the way it drives and makes me feel when I jump on the pedal. It will tow most anything that can be hooked to it. No kidding. :weightlifter:

OH yeah ... gas mileage sucks. :waving:

Petr51488
06-20-2009, 07:10 PM
I don't think the titans have full size beds. My cousin as one, which is a 4 door with a long bed, and his long bed is 7.? feet. Not 8 feet like a normal long bed.

nmanley
06-20-2009, 08:52 PM
Yep, The 4 door does not come with the LONG bed. Your cousins truck has a 6.58 foot long bed.
The extended cab Titan has a 8.23 foot long bed.

http://www.nissanusa.com/titan/specifications-king-cab.html

My buddy tried to buy a ford F250 last week and the dealer didn't even try to make a deal. They acted like it was gold. Apparently they haven't check the countries economy lately and the value of a truck as soon as you drive it off the lot.

Most Titans are going for $8000 of sticker. Some even more.

blakerugg
06-20-2009, 08:59 PM
Yep, The 4 door does not come with the LONG bed. Your cousins truck has a 6.58 foot long bed.
The extended cab Titan has a 8.23 foot long bed.

http://www.nissanusa.com/titan/specifications-king-cab.html

My buddy tried to buy a ford F250 last week and the dealer didn't even try to make a deal. They acted like it was gold. Apparently they haven't check the countries economy lately and the value of a truck as soon as you drive it off the lot.

Most Titans are going for $8000 of sticker. Some even more.

the only way you can get a good deal on a ford is if you have a connection

nosparkplugs
06-20-2009, 09:47 PM
This is the classic "mind-set" for Nissan Titan or Toyota Tundra owners.

thats what i figured, my girlfriend's dad loves to think that his titan is better then my 6.0l gmc 2500HD (:weightlifter:) and he also seems to think that Nissan also makes 3/4 ton trucks

...however he knows much more about landscaping and equipment then I do, as he is 35, i'm 15, and he owns a lawn mower dealer ;)

blakerugg
06-20-2009, 09:52 PM
This is the classic "mind-set" for Nissan Titan or Toyota Tundra owners.

well his jaw dropped when he found out i have a 6 liter GAS, and that my towing cap is 10,900 and ive towed more then 13, and that my truck has everything HD since it has the towing, off road, and plowing packages

:usflag::weightlifter::usflag::weightlifter:

nosparkplugs
06-20-2009, 09:58 PM
He would SHAT his pants if you had the Duramax diesel then:)

well his jaw dropped when he found out i have a 6 liter GAS, and that my towing cap is 10,900 and ive towed more then 13, and that my truck has everything HD since it has the towing, off road, and plowing packages

:usflag::weightlifter::usflag::weightlifter:

blakerugg
06-20-2009, 10:02 PM
He would SHAT his pants if you had the Duramax diesel then:)

eh the worst part is he likes it more then his 02 ford powerstroke. explain that one to me. he even admitted that the ford was a beast, and "you gotta give it to the japs, they come up with some pretty good stuff" and "toyota has the best resale value" are common quotes, this is pretty much all we talk about whenever we go out to dinner lmao

nosparkplugs
06-20-2009, 10:52 PM
I would love to be at that table:laugh: The Nissan Titan or Toyota Tundra are no way near the 3/4 or 1 ton trucks you need to really work & make a living.
When Toyota or Nissan slaps a diesel in their trucks, you will know their trucks are tough, diesel engines will test any truck's engineering or durability.

the Jap zero, was a far superior fighter, than a Gruman Wildcat, yet the Japs still lost the battle of Midway

eh the worst part is he likes it more then his 02 ford powerstroke. explain that one to me. he even admitted that the ford was a beast, and "you gotta give it to the japs, they come up with some pretty good stuff" and "toyota has the best resale value" are common quotes, this is pretty much all we talk about whenever we go out to dinner lmao

TXNSLighting
06-21-2009, 12:38 AM
the only way you can get a good deal on a ford is if you have a connection

Or a dealer whos worth a dam. We have a couple dealers around that take 12-15k off sticker every few months.

mike lane lawn care
06-26-2009, 09:26 PM

ask him to hook up chains next time

blakerugg
06-26-2009, 09:34 PM
ask him to hook up chains next time

he wouldn't. i'll be on his boat sunday which has the 4.3l vortec :usflag:

mike lane lawn care
06-26-2009, 09:43 PM
he wouldn't. i'll be on his boat sunday which has the 4.3l vortec :usflag:

I had a friend who was bragging that his Kia sportage had "more usable horsepower", as he called it, than my 2500HD 4x4 SLT with the 8.1L V8, I said go ahead and hook up. He did that, and blew a clutch and snapped a U-joint in the process before I took my foot off the break.

blakerugg
06-26-2009, 09:52 PM
I had a friend who was bragging that his Kia sportage had "more usable horsepower", as he called it, than my 2500HD 4x4 SLT with the 8.1L V8, I said go ahead and hook up. He did that, and blew a clutch and snapped a U-joint in the process before I took my foot off the break.

no surprise there. when you think about it just the fact that people think a half ton is stronger then a HD is bs, regardless if its imported or not

Petr51488
06-27-2009, 12:35 AM

Hey, where the hell have you been these days? Your truck has an 8.1l? or a 6.0? how many miles you have on it and how has it held up?

mike lane lawn care
06-27-2009, 01:06 AM
Hey, where the hell have you been these days? Your truck has an 8.1l? or a 6.0? how many miles you have on it and how has it held up?

Hey, been real busy with work and work, and somewhere in between there a failed relationship that took up all of my time. the truck has the big boy V8, I traded the 6.0 for the 8.1, same options(fully loaded to the gills) the 8.1 now has close to 45k on it, you would be amazed how much fuel that engine uses during cross country towing trips. I love it, amazing power and i get the same fuel economy as my 6.0 (9-12 MPG) Not a single problem with it ever, i traded because i really wanted that little Allison badge on the side of my truck.

Petr51488
06-27-2009, 03:23 AM
Hey, been real busy with work and work, and somewhere in between there a failed relationship that took up all of my time. the truck has the big boy V8, I traded the 6.0 for the 8.1, same options(fully loaded to the gills) the 8.1 now has close to 45k on it, you would be amazed how much fuel that engine uses during cross country towing trips. I love it, amazing power and i get the same fuel economy as my 6.0 (9-12 MPG) Not a single problem with it ever, i traded because i really wanted that little Allison badge on the side of my truck.

thats awesome. im not sure how it works in a gas job, but in my diesel its absolutly flawless.... i would buy another in a heartbeat if needed. my 6.0 is a freakin pig on gas....