PDA

View Full Version : Customer Survey

rcreech
06-19-2009, 09:21 PM
I am getting ready to send out my summer newsletter and I am going to put out my survey with it.

What would you want to find out from your customers?
What helps us best or what feedback would you look for?

I need help in putting this together.

Here is what I have so far....and they will be score 1-5 and have to circle an a number.

1) How would you currently rank the health of your lawn?
2) How would you rank our overall service we provide?
3) How do you rank our professionalism?
4) How do you compare to your past lawncare service provider?
5) How would you rank our customer service?

Please make any comments whether it be positive or negative as we can only get better with knowing how your feel about our service and what your needs are.

Please help me as I am not good at this kind of suff.

Would like 8-10 good questions.

Thanks,
RC

foreplease
06-20-2009, 12:09 AM
How about

Please rank in order of importance to you

__ color
__ turf density
__ absence of weeds
__ price
__ convenience/peace of mind

Are you interested in having an irrigation system installed?
(chance for RC to make mega referals)

Is there anything we do that you do not understand or have concerns about?

Good luck with this. I don't think it is something I would do because I am a little too thin-skinned and would probably be unprepared to act on the results on an individual basis, which I think anyone filling out the survey might expect. If I can ask, what is your goal for this? Greater customer retention?

rcreech
06-20-2009, 08:10 AM
How about

Please rank in order of importance to you

__ color
__ turf density
__ absence of weeds
__ price
__ convenience/peace of mind

Are you interested in having an irrigation system installed?
(chance for RC to make mega referals)

Is there anything we do that you do not understand or have concerns about?

Good luck with this. I don't think it is something I would do because I am a little too thin-skinned and would probably be unprepared to act on the results on an individual basis, which I think anyone filling out the survey might expect. If I can ask, what is your goal for this? Greater customer retention?

Thank you Foreplease!

I like the asking if they need anything else outside of what I offer!!!!

My MAIN goal of this is to learn what my customers think!

What do they see as my strenthgs and weakness's. I may think different then them so I want to know their thougths so I can improve in needed areas.

I want them to know I care enough to ask and I really want them to be brutally honest with me on everything.

I think customer retention is definitly a main goal, but also getting better at what we do everyday will not only retain customers but also allow us to have better customers and therefore get more for what we do! Atleast I think so anyway.

If we are using better product and have better service then there is a value there.

JMO

foreplease
06-20-2009, 09:11 AM
Yes there definitely is a value to better products and service for the customer and for yourself. The caring enough to ask is a very good reason. It seems like addressing their collective responses should be your lead story in your next newsletter - kind of lets them know where they fit in and what you are doing, generally, as a result of their feedback. I think people want to know that. I also believe they have a tendency to believe their response are either the only ones you received or that their concerns are identical to everyone else's.

There is, as I suspected, some aspect of it that serves to take their collective temperatures in terms of pricing and what they can stand as well as what they would like. I give you credit for doing this and, especially, wanting to get better at what you do every day. That is certainly something I try to do. It would be a heck of a lot easier if weather, pressure from weeds and, to a lesser extent, disease were the same from year to year. Traffic (wear) is another headache I deal with. While people recognize that some hardships are caused by weather, not many consider their role in the wear issue on athletic fields.

I get continuous feedback from customers but I deal with a lot less people than the typical person here on lawnsite. For me to do a survey I think I would have to write a different one for each customer if not for each field. My more progressive and successful accounts are those that consistently engage me to prevent problem rather than fix them. That has been a hard sell but once a place has been won over to that way of doing things none ever want to switch back to doing as little as possible and waiting for a disaster to occur. If there was any negativity in my answer above it 1.) was not intentional or meant to deter you and 2.) stems from the notion that, for me, asking people who want to wait and see would not likely move them toward routinely using better practices.

I saw your earlier post about this survey and began a reply that I don't think I finished. I will be interested in how you feel it worked. It can't hurt unless you fumble on any reasonable complaint or concern you get, something I think is unlikely. I hope it does help and would like to know how.

Heidi J.
06-20-2009, 09:16 AM
Those are great questions. I bet your customers will appreciate that you care. Helps you stand out amongst the competition. One question I would leave out, is price. Be willing to be open with your price. This could open a can of worms you might not want to.. :) Good luck!