PDA

View Full Version : Who else...

Storm the Patriot
06-19-2009, 10:14 PM
has been leaving those brown stripes due to the wetness in the ground in the low lying areas...

I made an important client furious because i left them due to the wetness of the lawn...i finally made him understand...now today the lawn looked great, but still in some areas has those muddy tracks...hopefully he will understand this time...

anyone else been leaving them? (poop jokes are ok) :dancing:

Whitey4
06-19-2009, 10:48 PM
What brown tracks? It sounds like fungus.... how long have you been in lawn care?

ToroLandscaper
06-19-2009, 10:50 PM
What brown tracks? It sounds like fungus.... how long have you been in lawn care?

No it is mud from where the weight of the mower presses down on the ground and the ground is wet.

Happens to me when its wet.

Storm the Patriot
06-19-2009, 11:02 PM

:laugh: :laugh::laugh:

Storm the Patriot
06-19-2009, 11:03 PM
No it is mud from where the weight of the mower presses down on the ground and the ground is wet.

Happens to me when its wet.

Exactly....

HOOLIE
06-19-2009, 11:11 PM
It's the customer's fault for having poor drainage. If that line doesn't work, blame it on Obama! :laugh:

Whitey4
06-19-2009, 11:21 PM
I guess my experience in mowing swamps is somewhat limited....

Icepuck72
06-20-2009, 12:14 AM
Yeah, it's happening to me too...I just tell the homeowner what it is and to turn off the irrigation when we're getting drenched every 3 days or so.....It's something we just have to deal with...I guess it's better than a drought.

TomberLawn
06-20-2009, 12:35 AM
Yeah, my church lawn is the worst to do that. I hate to cut when it's that wet, but sometimes you have to do what you have to do. The mower likes to sling muddy water all over itself in those conditions.

KCfireman
06-20-2009, 12:46 AM
It also can be fungus. If you guys are ever mowing and get that black nasty mud on your tires, try to wash your tires off immediately after mowing that yard. If you don't that mud on your tire can start a fungus called the "Black Patch" on the future lawns that you mow that day.

DiyDave
06-20-2009, 06:16 AM
It also can be fungus. If you guys are ever mowing and get that black nasty mud on your tires, try to wash your tires off immediately after mowing that yard. If you don't that mud on your tire can start a fungus called the "Black Patch" on the future lawns that you mow that day.

First time I ever heard of that! Man its so wet over here on the western side of the bay, I'm growing webs on my feet. Since about May 25, I don't think we have gotten 2 days clear, without some rain! Got rained out on Thursday , mowing a field that was so wet, water was standing right at about the 5 inch cutting height.:dizzy:

hackitdown
06-20-2009, 07:15 AM
It is just muddy tracks from the mower. They go away quickly. No big deal. The customer needs to hear and learn that there is no way to predict that it will happen.

Sometimes I blast the tracks with the blower. It will help stand the grass back up. But you can still see it.