PDA

View Full Version : How much should I pay for my ZTR?

pequeajim
06-19-2009, 11:30 PM
I am looking at a couple of Exmark mowers, and need to pick one for my property. I live on a somewhat hilly piece of land, (3-5 acres to cut with more coming), with a couple of 20+ degree slopes, one of which I can mow side to side, but the other > 20 deg I need to go up and down.

I would like to get the Exmark Next Z with the 29hp Kawasaki and 60" deck. I may want to put a bagger on it in the future if I can find one used.

The other consideration is the 34 HP Kawasaki. Is it really worth the extra $700 or so?

The only other consideration for me was the 27hp Kohler, and I like the Kawasaki engines a little mrore.

The Lazer Next Z with the Kawasaki in my area is going to cost me $9990 which the 34hp will be $700 more.

Are these good prices? If not, where else should I look?

pequeajim
06-20-2009, 11:51 AM
Nobody knows what an Exmark should cost, or best dealer to buy from in my area?

kaferhaus
06-20-2009, 12:59 PM
I wouldn't buy an exmark because they're too expensive, huge price increases the past two years and they're no better than anything else out there.

Short anwser is buy the cheapest machine that will do the job. Find the dealers nearest you and call em..... can't be that lazy.... and whatever some other member may have paid or claims to have pain has nothing to do with how much YOU will have to pay.

I prefer the Kaw engines though. Nothing wrong with the Kohler's or Briggs "Vanguard" engines.

I'd certainly look at a less expensive mower.... NOTHING special about Exmark other than the inflated price tags. And I own several of them.