PDA

View Full Version : ZTR's with steering wheels?

tacoma200
06-20-2009, 05:22 PM
Who would buy these, or what part of the market are they aiming at? I'm sure they will sell some. Cub Cadet S6031 is supposed to be commercial and is not the first I've seem with a steering wheel but I'm wondering why. Thoughts....

KCfireman
06-20-2009, 05:23 PM
Their pretty expensive too.payup

MileHigh
06-20-2009, 05:25 PM
That's horrible...No idea why.

I remember reading a post about it, and the user hated the wheel.

KCfireman
06-20-2009, 05:28 PM
There used to be a mower sponsor on here that had the most ugliest lookin ZTR's out there. They were a lime green. I wanna say the company name began with a Z.

Junior M
06-20-2009, 05:36 PM
There used to be a mower sponsor on here that had the most ugliest lookin ZTR's out there. They were a lime green. I wanna say the company name began with a Z.
Gizmo, they are talked about in that thread about what brand mowers look the best..

KCfireman
06-20-2009, 05:40 PM
Gizmo, they are talked about in that thread about what brand mowers look the best..That's them. Ugliest lookin mower I've ever seen.

KCfireman
06-20-2009, 05:45 PM
I found one!:clapping:

JB1
06-20-2009, 05:48 PM
Who would buy these, or what part of the market are they aiming at? I'm sure they will sell some. Cub Cadet S6031 is supposed to be commercial and is not the first I've seem with a steering wheel but I'm wondering why. Thoughts....

the school here bought one, they were wrote up in Turf magazine this month, it doesn't mean anything they'll buy anything.

greenred
06-20-2009, 06:11 PM
I will be damned. I checked that Gizmo Mowers website out and I have a dealer here in town for them. I have never seen them at the dealer, nor have I ever seen them around here. That is one ugly mower.

SfTD_service_CENTER
06-20-2009, 06:14 PM
the reason for the wheel is so people who cant figure out the sticks will buy them thinking they know the wheel better! becuae their john deere had a wheel why cant i own a ztr with a wheel. i think they will sell for home owners with big property that doesnt come on here and ask about them lol! i think cubcadet is so overpriced they should be called scumbcadet cause that is a scumbag price they are trying to get for a ztr that doesnt hold a candle to mine and mine is way over priced and it is 5000 less than theirs! scag and exmark are 1o times the mower that scumbcadet can be!

Pumper
06-24-2009, 01:18 AM
I would guess this product is aimed more at muncipalities than at commercial mowers. The muncipalities are bigger targets when it comes to inexperienced employees getting hurt and suing them.

Hawg City Lawns
06-24-2009, 01:42 AM
the reason for the wheel is so people who cant figure out the sticks will buy them thinking they know the wheel better! becuae their john deere had a wheel why cant i own a ztr with a wheel. i think they will sell for home owners with big property that doesnt come on here and ask about them lol! i think cubcadet is so overpriced they should be called scumbcadet cause that is a scumbag price they are trying to get for a ztr that doesnt hold a candle to mine and mine is way over priced and it is 5000 less than theirs! scag and exmark are 1o times the mower that scumbcadet can be!

i was thinking more cubcadebt

GracesLandscaping
06-24-2009, 01:42 AM
That machine was created for hills.... it steers way different from a normal ztr and is made to hold way steeper hills than any other ztr. my dealer carries cub and he said he demod one on a wet hill that was very steep and it did way better than anything he had ever been on and he usually doesn't push cub's commercial line much at all... just the residential.... its been awhile since he explained the whole setup to me but its made to handle better on hills and not to slide like ztr's do on steep or slippery hills esp if your trying to turn...

JimQ
06-24-2009, 01:50 AM

Ding ding ding, i think we have a winner here. i'll hold back some of the name calling but....... congrats, you got it right!

Q

SfTD_service_CENTER
06-24-2009, 09:01 PM
cubcadebt is good lol

Rons Rightway Lawncare
06-24-2009, 10:16 PM
I wouldn't mind a steering wheel if I could still get on and off the mower as fast or faster than I do with the sticks and pending I could still manuver the same as with the sticks.