PDA

View Full Version : Exmark clutch problems!! Help!

Think Green
06-20-2009, 06:05 PM
I know this topic has probably been hashed over a million times, but one of our Exmarks that was purchased, not even a year ago keeps throwing a cluth. The units are still in warranty, but this makes the second time this thing has been in the shop in 5 days. A new clutch was installed as I was told that the connector wires were too tight going into the clutch housing. Now the new one has failed under different conditions. It appears that the PTO is still functional yet the clutch engages and suddenly fails. The wiring harness was routed around the hydro lines and was actually sitting next to the engine block. The protective wire ribbed coating was melted but the wire coating wasn't compromised. I took the thing into our dealer yesterday and I spoke highly of them in a last reponse earlier last week.
How many of you members whom use the Exmark Triton 46" 18HP Kawi with mulching kit have had these problems.???
The mower is still in repair..................I am totally bamfuzzled with the problem. I have repaired all other mower problems yet this mower is under warranty and do not want to mess with it....
What has everyone else had wrong or if similar what was the issue.....???
I spoke of this clutch problem last week and thought the problem was resolved but I suppose the problem is still hiding!!!???!?!?!?!

Thanks for your responses.