PDA

View Full Version : Using Sulky on Slopes

freshprince94
06-20-2009, 09:00 PM
Do any of you guys using walk behinds with sulkies/Velkes use the sulky on the slopes or hills? Being in Florida, most of my accounts are completely flat, but I do one lakefront home with a really steep slope, and I feel like it's less safe riding the slope and I have less control.

93Chevy
06-20-2009, 09:02 PM
Just jump off the sulky, slow down, and walk behind the mower. My first day on a 36" at my full time job the other day, I had to mow a friggin steep bank with tree rings. Not so good for a beginner, lol. Thankfully I wasn't on a sulky.

traman
06-20-2009, 09:31 PM
Just jump off the sulky, slow down, and walk behind the mower. My first day on a 36" at my full time job the other day, I had to mow a friggin steep bank with tree rings. Not so good for a beginner, lol. Thankfully I wasn't on a sulky. i have some retention ponds i do ,and when near the bottom i just walk next to the sulky. i do this for about 3 passes or 9ft,then after that the ground is a little harder to just stay on the sulky.but i will still jump off on the turns,until i get to the top.but like anything else ,sometime you just got to take the sulky off . be safe