PDA

View Full Version : air filter on grandstands

TheUfan
06-20-2009, 09:25 PM
I'm not seeing a canister type filter on the grandstands. Is this an oversite or is it an option? Also a 60" deck would be nice.

The Toro Company
06-22-2009, 11:33 AM
I'm not seeing a canister type filter on the grandstands. Is this an oversite or is it an option? Also a 60" deck would be nice.

TheUfan -

At the recommendation of landscape contractors who tested the GrandStand prior to production release we removed the canister air filter for two reasons, 1. To improve visibility and 2. To prevent the air cleaner from being torn off the machine when trimming under trees. Similar to mid-size walk-behinds they didn't feel a canister air filter was needed on the GrandStand. Your dealer should be able to order a canister air filter directly from Kawasaki for either the 19hp or 23hp engine. Thanks for your comment on the 60" deck, we are currently looking at many different decks sizes and plan to release information in the near future.

The Toro Company

TheUfan
06-22-2009, 05:21 PM
Whatever you guys do, don't screw up like wright and not let the deck fully float. also 31hp is overkill on a stander when less hp will do. got to keep those costs down so i can get one (or two). thanks for the filter info.

LawnScapers of Dayton
08-05-2009, 10:59 PM
Whatever you guys do, don't screw up like wright and not let the deck fully float. also 31hp is overkill on a stander when less hp will do. got to keep those costs down so i can get one (or two). thanks for the filter info.

do any standup mowers have floating decks,......no........ they have hanging decks...

TheUfan
08-06-2009, 11:44 AM
[QUOTE=DRM Ventures;3127353]do any standup mowers have floating decks,......no........ they have hanging decks...[/QUOte

Get a hobby. They either have a fixed deck or they have a floating deck.

LawnScapers of Dayton
08-06-2009, 08:26 PM
[QUOTE=DRM Ventures;3127353]do any standup mowers have floating decks,......no........ they have hanging decks...[/QUOte

Get a hobby. They either have a fixed deck or they have a floating deck.

The Ufan has spoken.....so it must be true.....

too bad Wright didn't consult you before designing the Stander....

TheUfan
08-08-2009, 02:27 PM
[QUOTE=TheUfan;3128000]

The Ufan has spoken.....so it must be true.....

too bad Wright didn't consult you before designing the Stander....

It is too bad, I was considering getting one until I demoed a zk.

LawnScapers of Dayton
08-08-2009, 04:18 PM
I fought with Wright decks for years and accepted mediocre to poor cut quality.....there is no way I would pay what they want for a ZK until they proved there is an improvement in the design.

Perry Lawn & Landscape
08-21-2009, 04:10 AM
[QUOTE=DRM Ventures;3128555]

It is too bad, I was considering getting one until I demoed a zk.

The UFAn,
How do you like your G3? I have heard they have been having hydro problems and how does it compare to your Lazer z ? Thanks

Perry Lawn & Landscape
08-21-2009, 04:11 AM
I have also fought with stander decks for 5 years. The Solution= Toro Grandstand!! Cut on that baby is near perfect!