PDA

View Full Version : why not a kubota

terryswafford
06-20-2009, 10:09 PM
In my search for my next z mower i see that very few commercial crews are running kubotas? Most people are running Exmark,Scagg, And so on. but very few kubotas on the back of trailers. Are the just not as good? Thanks.

ericmcj31
06-20-2009, 10:12 PM
I think they're kinda pricey; they are sweet out of the box--super fast mow and cut...but I've got a couople of buddies with them and both have had problems. I think they need to get a little more aggressive with their pricing and better quality. Just my $.02

Turf Dawg
06-21-2009, 12:50 AM
There is a few people around my area that are using them for com cutting. I think the two main reasons that they are not used by fleets more is the weight and they are harder to work on. I demoed one and liked it the best out of the ones I tried, but I did not buy one because of the trans. The HST is great when working and the wet PTO is great but if they go down you are not just replacing a hydro pump or wheel motor in a couple of hours.

nosparkplugs
06-21-2009, 12:58 AM
If your looking for a diesel ZTR Kubota was in my second choice, it came down to speed & a 3 cylinder vs a 4 cylinder. The Kubota will sip fuel, and have gobb's of torque. who care's what the "other guy" is running maybe his credit SUCKS and he cannot afford a Kubota :cool2:

In my search for my next z mower i see that very few commercial crews are running kubotas? Most people are running Exmark,Scagg, And so on. but very few kubotas on the back of trailers. Are the just not as good? Thanks.

SfTD_service_CENTER
06-21-2009, 01:00 AM
i can say this. i saw a zg327 up close on a trailer and a good honest rich guy owned it> i asked my questions and he answered honest. they are great at fuel usage do a god job in deep grass and look like a tank with the shaft deck and a price to go with somthing much less! he paid 8000 new i presume without tax. for what it was i would have been proud to own it! one of the bestr looking machines i have laid eyes on for the price! i own a next lazer z and i thought it looked awsome i woul have bought one myself!