PDA

View Full Version : IS Husqravana make good commercial Equipment

lawnkid14
06-20-2009, 10:10 PM
hey i was just wondering how husqravana walk behind mowers really stand up against like scag, toro, gravley and exmark walk behinds. Sorry for spelling

redmax fan
06-20-2009, 10:27 PM
not ran any or looked at them , but can say from my 8 years experience doing this and reading here the general opinion is kawasaki makes a great motor . so if they run kawasakis its a great start

EGL
06-20-2009, 10:29 PM
they are good for the money

EGL
06-20-2009, 10:30 PM
not built like exmark but if it light commercial work you should be okay but if you are going to run all day get a exmark or scag commercial mower

birdman0494
06-20-2009, 11:11 PM
theyre hand helds are exceptional, saw some of the commercials look pretty sturdy but when i saw a scag it looked built like a tank

GravelyGuy
06-20-2009, 11:16 PM
They're handhelds are good enough that I wouldn't be scared to give their mowers a try. I never see commercial guys around here run them, but we just recently picked up a good dealer for husky stuff.

birdman0494
06-20-2009, 11:24 PM
They're handhelds are good enough that I wouldn't be scared to give their mowers a try. I never see commercial guys around here run them, but we just recently picked up a good dealer for husky stuff.

Speaking of that the stihl dealer here is very stuck up, but my trail saw and motor dealer are very friendly

randosh4
06-21-2009, 12:30 AM
I have ran Husky 32 and 48 for over 8 years now .Never had problems other than normal wear and tear

unkownfl
06-21-2009, 10:06 PM
I have a husqvarna trimmer way better then my echo stuff. A friend of mine has a ztr made by Husqvarna its way better then my lesco.

B.K.'S Lawn Service
06-21-2009, 11:07 PM
Last year we purchaced a Husqvarna ZTR, 52 inch deck with a 23hp vanguard motor and triple bagger. Honestly, I would definetley reccomend that you do not buy their ZTR's. We have had so many problems including belts, loss of hydro steering, clogging constantly when wet, and overall design of the mower. Also, the tunnel ram deck that they advertise is so good sucks when the grass is wet. All the grass does is get stuck there. Finally, the warranty that they say is the best in the business because it is five years is a lie. It may be five years but we have yet to have a repair done that was even partially covered under warranty. Overall, I am not impressed with Husqvarnas linr of ZTR's at all and I would not reccommend getting one. For the 2010 season we will be replacing it with a walker.:cool2:

STIHL GUY
06-21-2009, 11:14 PM
they look like well built machines but i have never run one or known anyone that did

IHusky
06-21-2009, 11:29 PM
handhelds are very good. WB and ZTR not as good as the others. I would go Toro, Exmark, Scag or Gravely. Good luck.

GOOSEHANSON
06-22-2009, 09:48 AM
I have a iz5225xp and it is a great mower, it has the 25hp Kohler Pro on it...I mow some pretty big stuff...eight acres plus and it runs like a dream...never bogs down unless the grass is really thick wet pasture grass and have had only a steering damper go out...no biggie...was taken care of quick! and lost a belt...It has a smaller footprint so it is great in smaller tighter areas as well...wouldn't hesitate to get another one to put on the trailer..pretty tough machines and I should know...the some of the stuff I mow is more like pasture on commercial property then manicured lawns...although I do some pretty nice landscaped stuff as well...also stripes really nice...

MoritzLandscapeLLC
08-08-2010, 01:14 AM
I have a husqvarna iz5223 w a kaw and the three bagger system with almost 1000 hrs on it. It is literally the worst piece of junk and biggest mistake i have made with my company. I will say that it does cut nice when it is very dry out but even w a little dew on the ground it clumps like crazy and I sharpen my blades constantly. Mine leaks hydro oil and I constantly need to add more. Their deck constantly needs to be cleaned. The bagger clogs all the time and its very very weak. The whole design is junk. Their cheap brackets on the back of the bagger break and i had to reinforce it with chains. Their plastic vent screen in the bagger breaks within the first 20 hrs of use. The scalp wheels on the mower also need to be replaced constantly. I don't understand it but the belts on the mower also break often. The blower unit on the bagger is connected by a pin that slides down into the deck and one thats horizontal that always vibrates out and then gets lost and then the other pin breaks. DONT BUY ONE. Their new machine is a little better designed but the bagger is still junk!!! I recently purchased a scag turf tiger and have had nothing but productivity with the machine. The deck never clogs and the bagger is tough to clog. The scalp wheels are enforced on both sides so rarely need to be replaced. Bagger is amazing on it too and cut quality is near impossible to match even when grass is wet! only complaint i have about it is it being too long but it is totally worth it. I could go on about how much i love my scag and more problems i have had with my husqvarna but am starting to ramble.

Hawg City Lawns
08-08-2010, 02:11 AM
i have the dixon kodiak which is a husqvarna iz series ztr but a hair bit better to be honest i love the thing it has touchy steering and a not so great seat but other than that its been a great machine ive downed the thing several times on here but usually im just mad when i post about it honestly its a great piece of equipment and to the ones with the triple baggers for the iz series have you guys looked at the clamshell baggers by any chance i was thinking about one of those in the future and was wondering if anyone else has seen them up close and can compare the triple bagger with the clamshell bagger

ucfbrian
08-09-2010, 11:20 AM
I have a husqvarna iz5223 w a kaw and the three bagger system with almost 1000 hrs on it. It is literally the worst piece of junk and biggest mistake i have made with my company. I will say that it does cut nice when it is very dry out but even w a little dew on the ground it clumps like crazy and I sharpen my blades constantly. Mine leaks hydro oil and I constantly need to add more. Their deck constantly needs to be cleaned. The bagger clogs all the time and its very very weak. The whole design is junk. Their cheap brackets on the back of the bagger break and i had to reinforce it with chains. Their plastic vent screen in the bagger breaks within the first 20 hrs of use. The scalp wheels on the mower also need to be replaced constantly. I don't understand it but the belts on the mower also break often. The blower unit on the bagger is connected by a pin that slides down into the deck and one thats horizontal that always vibrates out and then gets lost and then the other pin breaks. DONT BUY ONE. Their new machine is a little better designed but the bagger is still junk!!! I recently purchased a scag turf tiger and have had nothing but productivity with the machine. The deck never clogs and the bagger is tough to clog. The scalp wheels are enforced on both sides so rarely need to be replaced. Bagger is amazing on it too and cut quality is near impossible to match even when grass is wet! only complaint i have about it is it being too long but it is totally worth it. I could go on about how much i love my scag and more problems i have had with my husqvarna but am starting to ramble.

As a Husqvarna dealer I have seen a few with some of the same problems you have mentioned. Where is the oil leaking from? Filter, tank, lines? I have had a few that have had bad filter bases, not manfactured by Husqvarna, and the filters would not stay tight, replace them and the filter and the leak went away. Also the vented cap on the tank will leak oil if you fill the tank too full. As for the scalp wheels, most common cause of them breaking is by hitting something, will be a problem with ay mower brand. The PZ series is bolted on both sides also now.

I have only sold 3 baggers so I do not have alot of experience with them but I do know about the decks. Depending on how you left the configuration of the deck, it could be the reason it is clogging. The deck can have a baffel system in it that is good for producing more lift but counterproductive for clumping.

MoritzLandscapeLLC
08-30-2010, 11:48 PM
As a Husqvarna dealer I have seen a few with some of the same problems you have mentioned. Where is the oil leaking from? Filter, tank, lines? I have had a few that have had bad filter bases, not manfactured by Husqvarna, and the filters would not stay tight, replace them and the filter and the leak went away. Also the vented cap on the tank will leak oil if you fill the tank too full. As for the scalp wheels, most common cause of them breaking is by hitting something, will be a problem with ay mower brand. The PZ series is bolted on both sides also now.

I have only sold 3 baggers so I do not have alot of experience with them but I do know about the decks. Depending on how you left the configuration of the deck, it could be the reason it is clogging. The deck can have a baffel system in it that is good for producing more lift but counterproductive for clumping.

The oil was leaking from the pumps. At one time it did leak from the cap because it was filled to high. I was told from my dealer, which is probably not the most efficient method to check, but to stick my finger in the reservoir and my finger should just be touching. The problem is though, is that it gets too low and to the point that its almost empty if i don't pay attention to it. The filter is not leaking and I do have the system flushed every 200 hrs as recommended so a new filter is always put on. Since husqvarna had a 5 year warranty on it at the time that i bought it, i have had my dealer fix the leak a couple times (they confirmed it came from the pumps) and it never went away completely though. I guess husqvarna can't be to blame for that because i dont believe that they make the pumps. I also feel like when i push the arms forward that there is a delay before power is transfered to the wheels.

For the deck, its one of those tunnel ram deck system. Are you recommending that I take out the tunnel ram system and leave it open? I've never thought about that before but I suppose that would probably make a difference.

As for the scalp wheels, I know that by hitting things this will happen but I feel that they are not as sturdy as others. Like i have looked at the exmarks which are also one sided and they seem to be a lot more rugged aka thicker metal bolts and more reinforcements.

The mower sits to high as well as can not handle hills very well either. My scag sits alot lower with the gas tank underneath the seat to lower the center of gravity.

It just disappoints me that all the time that husqvarna spent developing the pz series is humiliating for them because their new one isn't much better.

Thanks for your help, i appreciate your advice and sorry for knocking a product you sell. They do make nice weed whackers and their engines seem to last forever!

volvotech
08-31-2010, 12:40 AM
I love my 32" WB, but, if I had to do it again, I'd get hydro's. Trying to cut in this Louisiana rain with a belt drive is kicking my butt.

ucfbrian
08-31-2010, 01:15 PM
The oil was leaking from the pumps. At one time it did leak from the cap because it was filled to high. I was told from my dealer, which is probably not the most efficient method to check, but to stick my finger in the reservoir and my finger should just be touching. The problem is though, is that it gets too low and to the point that its almost empty if i don't pay attention to it. The filter is not leaking and I do have the system flushed every 200 hrs as recommended so a new filter is always put on. Since husqvarna had a 5 year warranty on it at the time that i bought it, i have had my dealer fix the leak a couple times (they confirmed it came from the pumps) and it never went away completely though. I guess husqvarna can't be to blame for that because i dont believe that they make the pumps. I also feel like when i push the arms forward that there is a delay before power is transfered to the wheels.

For the deck, its one of those tunnel ram deck system. Are you recommending that I take out the tunnel ram system and leave it open? I've never thought about that before but I suppose that would probably make a difference.

As for the scalp wheels, I know that by hitting things this will happen but I feel that they are not as sturdy as others. Like i have looked at the exmarks which are also one sided and they seem to be a lot more rugged aka thicker metal bolts and more reinforcements.

The mower sits to high as well as can not handle hills very well either. My scag sits alot lower with the gas tank underneath the seat to lower the center of gravity.

It just disappoints me that all the time that husqvarna spent developing the pz series is humiliating for them because their new one isn't much better.

Thanks for your help, i appreciate your advice and sorry for knocking a product you sell. They do make nice weed whackers and their engines seem to last forever!

To find you leak on your pumps, clean them really good with degreaser, use it a little and see if you can see where the leak is starting from. There is a seam in the pumps about 1 inch down from the top where I have seen 1 leak from before, most of the leaking pumps that I have had have been leaking from the fittings on the pumps. Your hydraulic hose screws onto a fitting that is screwed into the pump, both of these connections have an o-ring in them and that could be where it is leaking. It makes more sense for it to be leaking there since you are also seeing a delay in the controls which would be from it letting air into the system. I would talk with your dealer and have him warranty all of the hydro hoses and fittings and o-rings, he can get warranty approval to do that. As for the reservoir, I would keep it an inch below the cap, you do not want it to get low enough that you can see the swashplate in the middle of the tank.

For the tunnel ram deck with a bagger, you are supposed to remove all of the baffles that are in front of the blades. They are counter productive when used with a bagger. The only plate I recommened using with a bagger is the confinement kit which is a flat plate that is bolted to the bottom edge of the deck and extends it back.

On your gauge wheels, is the bolt the same size all the way or does it step down where it bolts to the deck. The newer wheels use a 1/2" bolt that you have to drill the mounting hole in the deck bigger.

ga sportsman
08-31-2010, 10:05 PM
I just bought a PZ5426 and love it. It is new, so the time test isn't there yet, but it cuts better than ANYTHING I have ever run. Plenty fast, smooth as silk and rides pretty good. I am extremely happy w/ my purchase.

meets1
08-31-2010, 10:10 PM
Doesn't husky own red max now - at least equipment - which they are phasing out and introducing red max product line into there own? I have all red max now. I did by a new curve shaft trimmer which is husky - absolutely to comparisn at all to our red max straight shafts. I wish I didn't spend the money cuz the thing is worthless compared to our others.

I own a few of the husky saws - 65 cc and bigger as well as jonsreed - those are quality pieces of equipment.

As far as Z's go - don't know.

ucfbrian
09-01-2010, 09:59 AM
Doesn't husky own red max now - at least equipment - which they are phasing out and introducing red max product line into there own? I have all red max now. I did by a new curve shaft trimmer which is husky - absolutely to comparisn at all to our red max straight shafts. I wish I didn't spend the money cuz the thing is worthless compared to our others.

I own a few of the husky saws - 65 cc and bigger as well as jonsreed - those are quality pieces of equipment.

As far as Z's go - don't know.

Yes, Husqvarna does own redmax and is introducing some of its products under their name. The new 226 series hedgetrimmers and the 400 series trimmers are all redmax products along with most of the backpack blowers. Most of the Husqvarna product is set to stay in the lineup with the redmax stuff adding to the product mix. The trimmer that you bought is a homeowner model which is going to be of no comparision to the redmax trimmers. Husqvarna makes no commercial grade curved shaft trimmers, the trimmer you got is american made unlike the popular 300 series commercial trimmers which are sweedish made.

meets1
09-01-2010, 10:30 AM
The trimmer we got says sweden on the tag. Bought it from a dealer out of town - while looking for other parts - but still no where near the red max straight shafts we have. Husky trimmer is straight and not curved that we have.

Grass Shark
09-01-2010, 11:59 AM
Last year we purchaced a Husqvarna ZTR, 52 inch deck with a 23hp vanguard motor and triple bagger. Honestly, I would definetley reccomend that you do not buy their ZTR's. We have had so many problems including belts, loss of hydro steering, clogging constantly when wet, and overall design of the mower. Also, the tunnel ram deck that they advertise is so good sucks when the grass is wet. All the grass does is get stuck there. Finally, the warranty that they say is the best in the business because it is five years is a lie. It may be five years but we have yet to have a repair done that was even partially covered under warranty. Overall, I am not impressed with Husqvarnas linr of ZTR's at all and I would not reccommend getting one. For the 2010 season we will be replacing it with a walker.:cool2:
Yes they are a complete pile of garbage I had a iz5223:hammerhead:

The biggested piece of $hit I have ever run:hammerhead:

castlerockmo
09-01-2010, 01:57 PM
I have an dixon kodiak(IZ) and its great. Now I also have a dixon grizzly(PZ) and that mower will out mow or out cut any I have ever ran! I love that machine! I will never own anything else but a husqvarna!
Posted via Mobile Device

MoritzLandscapeLLC
09-01-2010, 08:31 PM
To find you leak on your pumps, clean them really good with degreaser, use it a little and see if you can see where the leak is starting from. There is a seam in the pumps about 1 inch down from the top where I have seen 1 leak from before, most of the leaking pumps that I have had have been leaking from the fittings on the pumps. Your hydraulic hose screws onto a fitting that is screwed into the pump, both of these connections have an o-ring in them and that could be where it is leaking. It makes more sense for it to be leaking there since you are also seeing a delay in the controls which would be from it letting air into the system. I would talk with your dealer and have him warranty all of the hydro hoses and fittings and o-rings, he can get warranty approval to do that. As for the reservoir, I would keep it an inch below the cap, you do not want it to get low enough that you can see the swashplate in the middle of the tank.

For the tunnel ram deck with a bagger, you are supposed to remove all of the baffles that are in front of the blades. They are counter productive when used with a bagger. The only plate I recommened using with a bagger is the confinement kit which is a flat plate that is bolted to the bottom edge of the deck and extends it back.

On your gauge wheels, is the bolt the same size all the way or does it step down where it bolts to the deck. The newer wheels use a 1/2" bolt that you have to drill the mounting hole in the deck bigger.

Thank you very much you have been very helpful! I wish that there was a dealer in my town that was as knowledgeable as you. The bolts are one size on the scalp wheels. For the confinement system, where do i purchase this? Cuz I really doubt my dealer will have any idea what im talking about. Ill use the degreaser and look for the leak.

ucfbrian
09-02-2010, 10:05 AM
Thank you very much you have been very helpful! I wish that there was a dealer in my town that was as knowledgeable as you. The bolts are one size on the scalp wheels. For the confinement system, where do i purchase this? Cuz I really doubt my dealer will have any idea what im talking about. Ill use the degreaser and look for the leak.

What is you email address? I can send you the service bulletin that shows all of the descriptions on what Husqvarna has found with the baffles and confinement kits and also has the part numbers so your dealer can order one.

MoritzLandscapeLLC
09-02-2010, 10:39 AM
What is you email address? I can send you the service bulletin that shows all of the descriptions on what Husqvarna has found with the baffles and confinement kits and also has the part numbers so your dealer can order one.

MoritzLandscapeLLC@gmail.com thanks again!