PDA

View Full Version : Snapper pro series

LangdonsLawns
06-20-2009, 10:37 PM
Does anyone have an opinion on the snapper pro series durability,quality of cut,and overall performance because I am currently looking into them any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Dennis

QualityLawnCare4u
06-20-2009, 10:47 PM
The biggest LCO's in my area swear by them. I have personally never used one but will consider one when its time for a new ztr. I feel like they are probably as good as any mower on the market but most important is dealer support no matter what you buy.

LangdonsLawns
06-20-2009, 10:54 PM
thank you for that info. The dealer in my area is small but he also swears by them and he sells 2 other brands and more expensive but he is a top quality dealer.

mjealey
06-21-2009, 11:56 AM
Snapper Pro is a very good mower. Around here there are a good bit of them popping up. I've ran everything, and they are as good as anything out there. I have the Snapper s150x ZTR. 21 HP Kawi, 48" deck, 12 ccc fan-cooled pumps, and just a simple very good mower.

I also have the Snapper Pro walk-behind. I bought it brand new at the very end of last year. It is 36", 13 HP Kawi, and a full-floating deck that is the easiest to adjust on a walk-behind that is out there. I could spend $6,000+ on a comparable Exmark, or spend $3,900 that is every bit as good in every way.

One major company around here is switching to Snapper Pro. Thay can get the s200x that is 61", 27 Kawi, and a full suspendion seat for $8500.00. $4,000.00 cheaper than the Scags that they run. Throgh the first 300 hours they have put on the one they have, they love it and have had no problems. Have 8 more on order to replace their Scags and save $32,000.00 in price differnce.

Very good mowers and I would buy another one in a second!!!

You don't hear a lot about Snapper Pro, but you never hear anything negative about them either.

I will tell you this, I have a Scag Tiger Cub and it for sure disperses clippings better in wet conditions. As long as it is dry, you can't tell a difference in cut if you are in dry conditions.

LangdonsLawns
06-21-2009, 01:04 PM
Thank you cause I am looking at a new sw 20 17 48"walk-behind first price is great and then maybe one of the s200x . You said somethimg about the cut in wet grass does it do bad cause i'm down here in nc and sometimes we have some wet conditions. I currently run the john deere 810 48" 22 kaw right now.

Thanks
Dennis

mjealey
06-21-2009, 10:11 PM
Here is the main difference. In your normal dry conditions, the cuts are near identical. The Scag is going to lay a more defined stripe. However, I have added the striping kit to my Snapper Pro and it lays down a great stripe now.

In wet conditions the Snapper still does decent. The difference is if you get in the thick stuff and don't slow down, it will disperse a few clumps here and there. The Scag disperses a little more evenly in the really wet and thick stuff. When I clean the bottom of the decks, there always seems to be a little bit more build up under the Snapper deck.

Have a buddy that has almost 200 hundred hours on his s200x, that has the new deck with the much bigger opening and he says he hasn't had that problem. You can tell these new decks apart because they are slanted back in the front just like the Scags and have a much bigger openeings. If you get the new deck on your Snapper/Ferris than it sounds like problem solved.

All in all, the Scag is not superior in any way to the Snapper deck, only in the relly wet and thick grass. Snapper is still not bad by any means.

LangdonsLawns
06-22-2009, 12:16 AM
thank you for this info.