PDA

View Full Version : snapper pro mowers

mcgruff
06-20-2009, 11:58 PM
I noticed snapper pro walk behinds are alot cheaper than other well known brands.
I never used one but I thought they were a good brand for commercial. However, I do not see as many snapper users as I thought I would on here.
What gives? Something I should know about?

I have only used toro prolines, so I have no experience with the snapper line. :usflag:

BillWil
06-21-2009, 11:09 AM
I really like the Snapper 21 inch commercial. I used Toro Proline 21 and Honda Commercial 21 and demo'ed various others. The Snapper bags well, what I do most, and it is easy to get parts. The Honda Commercials I've owned were about 20 lbs heavier and it was both expensive and difficult to get parts. Additionally, the Hondas seemed less agile and longer. The Prolines I've owned baged and mulched well, were easy to maintain and were heavier than the Snapper. The weight issue is critical because I load the 21's into the truck.

93Chevy
06-21-2009, 11:15 AM
I love my Snapper Commercial Hi-Vac 21" as well. I'm not a fan of the ninja blade, I'll be buying a gator blade soon to try it.

As far as the 32" and above WB Snapper Pro, I don't know a lot about them. My dealer sells Bobcat and Snapper. Seems like he sells more Bobcat than Snapper. I've only honestly seen 1 crew with Snapper Pro stuff.

TheHammer
06-21-2009, 11:24 AM
I have Snapper21 non commercial mucher with 5.5 Honda . It works great on dry grass with the Ninja blade .

mjealey
06-21-2009, 12:47 PM
Snapper Pro is a very good mower. Around here there are a good bit of them popping up. I've ran everything, and they are as good as anything out there. I have the Snapper s150x ZTR. 21 HP Kawi, 48" deck, 12 ccc fan-cooled pumps, and just a simple very good mower.

I also have the Snapper Pro walk-behind. I bought it brand new at the very end of last year. It is 36", 13 HP Kawi, and a full-floating deck that is the easiest to adjust on a walk-behind that is out there. I could spend $6,000+ on a comparable Exmark, or spend $3,900 that is every bit as good in every way.

One major company around here is switching to Snapper Pro. Thay can get the s200x that is 61", 27 Kawi, and a full suspendion seat for $8500.00. $4,000.00 cheaper than the Scags that they run. Throgh the first 300 hours they have put on the one they have, they love it and have had no problems. Have 8 more on order to replace their Scags and save $32,000.00 in price differnce.

Very good mowers and I would buy another one in a second!!!

You don't hear a lot about Snapper Pro, but you never hear anything negative about them either.

I will tell you this, I have a Scag Tiger Cub and it for sure disperses clippings better in wet conditions. As long as it is dry, you can't tell a difference in cut if you are in dry conditions.

DaddyRabbit
06-21-2009, 02:07 PM
I've been told that the Snapper pro is basically a Ferris less the suspension.

ed2hess
06-21-2009, 04:47 PM
We bought the 36" Snapper Pro WB this year. It was less expensive than most other units but mainly because it is one of the last floating deck. The unit has some nice features like the positive parking brake and adjustable deck with two levers. It also has grease zerts that come up above the covers so they can be easily greased. It has a nice heavy duty oil drain hose. We mulch and the cut is just fine. Can't jump curbs like the older Snapper hydro machines so that is down side. And the unit has the integrated pump and wheel motor on each wheel....not the best but that is probably why the cost is less. All in all it is pretty well built.

MowHouston
06-21-2009, 04:49 PM
I hate how my Snapper 21" operates. The stupid ass lever for the self propelled system sucks. Its in a stupid fark ******ed idiotic place. I hate it :D

But it cuts nice.

Bottom line, I'll be getting rid of it as soon as my budget allows. Bothers my wrist.

RTR Landscaping
06-21-2009, 07:05 PM
The 36" and 48" are made by Ferris. I use all Scags but the dealer I buy from also sells Snapper Pro. The entire line is now made by Ferris. All the ride on Z's are like Ferris machines without the suspension.Scag is a much better built machine, but the reason my dealer sells Snapper Pro is the much lower price. He says they are holding up well and have a nice cut. Snapper,Ferris and Simplicity are all owned by Briggs and Stratton.My dealer thinks Briggs is trying to buy market share with these low prices. Personally, I'm sticking with Scag, but it sounds like this is a pretty good mower especially for the price.

93Chevy
06-21-2009, 07:17 PM
I hate how my Snapper 21" operates. The stupid ass lever for the self propelled system sucks. Its in a stupid fark ******ed idiotic place. I hate it :D

But it cuts nice.

Bottom line, I'll be getting rid of it as soon as my budget allows. Bothers my wrist.

I actually prefer the Snapper drive system over any other 21" but to each their own. Hopefully you find something better for next time. :usflag:

mcgruff
06-21-2009, 09:24 PM
thanks for the replies. I am not looking for a 21. I will be looking for another 48 inch wb, and maybe an additional , smaller, 36 or 32 for gates as well.

They are hard to pass up with the price savings as the one post had stated. :drinkup:

mcgruff
06-27-2009, 11:39 PM
I do have to admit, I keep going back to the scag website.

That is an option as well, it seems they are built pretty well :confused:

93Chevy
06-27-2009, 11:50 PM
You will find a lot of people on here that swear by Scag.

Scotland Yard and Garden
06-28-2009, 01:04 PM
When I was shopping for new walk behinds. My dealer sells snapper pro/ferris/simplicity and exmark. I have always run scags and standers before this. I was leaning toward the exmark as that is what everyone seems to have (if brickman uses it, it must hold up)

I tested the snapper pro it has an awesome setup for adjusting the deck height, it is cheap - thousands less than exmark/scag an the dealer support was there.

However I didn't like the handle setup It seems low for me at 5'10" and I didn't like the discharge

I asked my dealer who I consider a friend (ish) what he thought and he said "they all cut grass - homeowners don't care what brand you use - and if you save a few thousand then you earn more faster"

Long story though I bought the exmark tthp 48" and tt 60" because the ecs handles, the same day shiping on parts, and. If you see that many people using them they must be doing something right. ( I know I paid more for them but I absolutely love these machines - best mower I have ever had )
Posted via Mobile Device