PDA

View Full Version : has any body ever built one

Infinity Landscapes, Inc
06-21-2009, 10:55 AM
I need help with a rain curtain. I have drilled the holes in 3/4 copper and looped it. my problem is when I turn it one what ever the direction the water is flowing it pushes the water out to the side instead of straight down. I not sure if i need to add nipples to each hole and has any body ever done this. I would like a close up pic. This is a pic of what i would like it to look like. I will get a pic of my demo as well:usflag:

mdvaden
06-21-2009, 11:11 AM
Never done one, but crossed my mind before.

Seems that maybe the pressure needs to be low enough so the water drips out and is not really pushed out. Pushed just enough to drip that is. Pretty hard to drill that perfect for a do it yourself thing.

Maybe the holes need reaming. Or maybe a small ram needs to slide through the inside to knock the flecks of copper from the hole edge.

My guess might be a pressure reduction or regulation. Maybe drilling more holes will regulate it more.

pitrack
06-21-2009, 12:43 PM
That looks slick, I like the idea. Wish I could help.

BrandonV
06-21-2009, 05:29 PM
you need nozzles

amscapes03
06-21-2009, 05:31 PM
Check this site out. http://rainfalldesigns.com/ It might be worth the 25 bucks.

just pondering
06-21-2009, 07:30 PM
Try The Great American Waterfall Company they sell everything you need for the rain curtain we use them all the time for rain curtains sheer desents.look them up at www.gawcinc.com.

Jeff
Pondering Waters,LLC

Infinity Landscapes, Inc
06-23-2009, 10:06 AM
What kinda of nozzles. I tried to use i/4 drip barbs it worked but then you reduce the flow they leak if pushed in to far. I like the web site but that will cost to much and I need to hide as much as poss. I will hopefully get the pic today. Let me tell you the sound it makes is awsome and at night with night lighting very cool.
thanks gpeople

Infinity Landscapes, Inc
07-12-2009, 11:13 AM
finally had time to do some tweaking before I go ahead and do the final thing . These are just demo so i need to fine tune the spacing and create the basin and planting beds etc

Lite4
07-13-2009, 11:10 PM
Thats pretty cool, the ones I have done have fed water through both sides of the pipe to evenly distribute the flow upwards and across the main pipe.

gobbles2700
07-19-2009, 01:52 PM
Thats pretty cool, the ones I have done have fed water through both sides of the pipe to evenly distribute the flow upwards and across the main pipe.

This is the way its done in aquariums, also how they balance water pressure in large multiple head showers.

Infinity Landscapes, Inc
07-19-2009, 10:49 PM
so should I feed from two ends or loop it like I have it? I inserted 1/4 in tubing and that took care of the sideways flow

Lite4
07-19-2009, 10:58 PM
Well, see how it works the way you have it. I have always fed from both sides simply because I am always overbuilding things and I think you will have good results being equally fed from both sides. You can still use one pump but just simply use a y to split the flows as long as the pump is powerful enough to fill from both sides.

Infinity Landscapes, Inc
07-19-2009, 11:42 PM
They way you see it in the pic is just a loop if you look at the top of the structure you can see what I did. Now I need to conseal the best I can all the pipeing. should I use pvc or 3/4" copper

BrandonV
07-20-2009, 07:37 AM
copper, the pvc will break down w/ all the light.

Lite4
07-20-2009, 11:43 PM
I always prefer copper if it is going to be at all visible. You may have to sweat a few joints but it's not a big deal.

Infinity Landscapes, Inc
07-21-2009, 01:18 AM
thanks for your imput guys. It may be a while before all is said and done. as my honey todo list just keeps growing I will try and get some night shots for you

desertfox22
07-24-2009, 11:50 PM
yes i have used nipples before makes it easier